The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Any suggestions?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Any suggestions?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Looking for a firm that will take a bet for a future race, currently not in their books or systems. Tried a couple and they’ve just come back with ‘sorry this price is unavailable right now’ <!– s:roll: –>:roll:<!– s:roll: –>

Anyone know of any surefire bets to take it(excuse the pun!).

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

If it is a race they are not betting at all in yet Bozlike (I think that’s what you mean?) then their odds-compilers won’t have studied the race yet. Doubt whether anyone will give a price even if you asked for one.

Value Is Everything
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

If it is a race they are not betting at all in yet Bozlike (I think that’s what you mean?) then their odds-compilers won’t have studied the race yet. Doubt whether anyone will give a price even if you asked for one.

For Cheltenham 2014 :?

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I remember one or two mentioning that they’d backed Sprinter Sacre for the 2013 Champion Chase in last years’ Arkle thread(prior to the race of course), so surely there must be some bookmakers willing to lay my bet?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

There must be somewhere, Bozlike. You hear about people who get quoted odds on novelty bets like whether their one-year-old will eventually play football for England and suchlike.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

There must be somewhere, Bozlike. You hear about people who get quoted odds on novelty bets like whether their one-year-old will eventually play football for England and suchlike.

Or whether their nine-year-old could play for Scotland.

This season.

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Bear in mind that anyone offering a Cheltenham bet like that knows he’s probably the only bookie giving a price… No competition naturally means very poor value odds.

Value Is Everything
    SDO
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

How are you asking? If you’re emailing you’ll probably get fobbed off as whoever picks up the email will look, see no market available and repeat that to you. Phone in, or go on their live-chat systems and ask them to put through an odds request and get back to you. I know for a fact that they will give you a price for almost anything regardless of whether other bookmakers have priced it up. I contacted three bookmakers last night for a price on Fingal Bay to win the Jewson novices chase at Cheltenham and have already been quoted by two.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I’ve tried emailing and the live chat and been fobbed off through both. Haven’t tried over the phone yet so I suppose that’s the next port of call.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.