The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Antonio Puerta

Home Forums General Sports Antonio Puerta

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I am absolutely saddened and gobsmacked at the breaking news about Sevilla’s Spanish International Antonio Puerta who died at the oh so tender age of just 22 not long ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal … 964586.stm

I honestly write this message with tears in my eyes, because football is one of the greatest sports in the world, and the players that provide the entertainment – well it wouldn’t happen without them. I love my sport, I love my football and I know a little about Antonio Puerta as he had been linked with a few Premiership clubs during the summer. At 22 years old he had his whole future in front of him, he was in the Spanish side, and he was playing for a top Spanish club team.

I really don’t know what to say to be honest – I just hope ‘minutes of silence/applause’ can be done in this country as well as his home country because football is global these days, and no doubt we would have seen Antonio on these shores sometime this season if Sevilla crossed swords with any of the English teams in European competition.

My thoughts and condolences go out to all his family and friends.

Mike

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

I was very sad to here the news. Only knew him by Football Manager but very saddend news
    R.I.P mate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.