The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ante-post betting Lincoln Handicap

Home Forums Horse Racing Ante-post betting Lincoln Handicap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

What are the thoughts on bookmakers treating AP bets differently on re-scheduled races? I had a small ew bet on a declared runner and contacted P Power to find out the revised situation. I was told that the bet stands for next week’s race, with the risk that if something happens and it’s a non-runner for any reason it’s a losing bet.

I understand that bets are void with William Hill. Surely there should be a standard approach and I think that if the race isn’t being run on the next day bets should be void, especially when entries are re-opened.

• Total Posts 790

It’s ludicrous that the bet stands when entries reopen it should be void, say you’d backed St Nicholas Abbey in a race then the entries are reopened and Frankel is entered, you’re not going to be want to be on St Nic are you?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

William Hill are keeping all AP bets before the 12 day dec stage open, anything after that has been void.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

William Hill are keeping all AP bets before the 12 day dec stage open, anything after that has been void.

As are Skybet Nath,Betfair haven’t refunded my money either so I can only hope and guess they too are honouring all wagers classed as Ante-Post,ie prior to the 12 day decs stage as you say!

Participant
    • Total Posts 7513

and cover it in their Rules as follows:

a) If a race is postponed to another day:

i) Ante post bets placed before the entries have closed will stand and will only be made void if:-

a) The race is abandoned or made void.
    b) A horse is balloted out under Jockey Club Rules of Racing.
    c) The venue is altered.

ii) Ante post bets placed after the entries have closed will be void, except when:-

a) The race is run at a later date at the same venue.
    b) The entries are not re-opened.

Rob

Participant
    • Total Posts 13248

Definitely a strange one this. I can understand why bets would be void with the race being re-opened, and yet I have just checked with Boylesports on the position of my bet on Gladys gal on 20th March. I’m told that my bet still stands. I’m happy enough for that to be the case, as my odds are bigger than they are now, but I’m not sure she will make the cut now as the race has been re-opened and she is 26th on the runners list. I’m not sure what the maximum field is, I think about 20 or 22.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7513

BigG

If she doesn’t make the cut then at least you’ll get your money back on the ante post bet. Possible bet in the consolation race?

Rob

Participant
    • Total Posts 13248

That’s a possibility Rob, but i hope she squeezes in to the lincoln where she should be just about bottom weight. Fingers crossed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.