The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Another topical racing quiz

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Another topical racing quiz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

What is the significance of the following form figures in relation to today’s action? F6PU819600

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3089

<br>I reckon those might be the results of ten previous visits to Punchestown by Spotthedifference, a form line that suggests he’s no bargain at the price today.

AP

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Erm, is the answer Geoff Hurst in the 1966 World Cup Final?

Mike

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Good effort Mike, but AP is spot on re Spot Thedifference.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Good effort Mike, but AP is spot on re Spot Thedifference.

<br>In the light of the result, I think I preferred my answer!!

Mike

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Terrific effort by the old boy – few things epitomise what I love about the game more than these much loved old favourites reappearing year in, year out and still doing themselves enormous credit.

Just need Mr Dow Jones to pop up in the Grand Veterans’ National at Cartmel four weeks hence.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

The Punchestown form does of course include a few hurdle races where he may have been just out for a days exercise and of course a  previous win in the La Touche.

However despite his age ‘Spots’ recent run in the Sporting Index race at Chletenham was exceptional. (imho) Spot then raced off a mark of 150 which was 6ib higher than in any previous 6 wins there.

He gave his winning stablemate (the fav) that day 1stone 10ib and also gave Siver Birch 6ib and we all know what that horse won next time out!

Yesterday was not a handicap but he gave most of the rivals a stone.

This time yesterday Spot could have been backed at 3.10 ;) (21/10) betfair for decent sums and that to me looked fair value as everyone knew the Irish would be on this one big time later in the day.<br>I cant see why they should retire Spot at present as long as he is enjoying himself, which judging on yesterdays run he still is.

Im not aftertiming as I put Spot up as my only bet so far on the Punchestown thread.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A shame that the race had something of a ‘testimonial’ feel about it, and the ride on the runner-up was an absolute disgrace. I don’t know what Nina Carberry’s instructions were but I would hazard a guess they involved something along the lines of if Spot looks like he can win, do not go past him. Seeing her celebrate him winning beofre she’d even passed the post herself must have left those that had backed her mount with a sour taste.

Brevityy
    • Total Posts 16

Credit where it’s due to the much-maligned cliche merchant Lee Mottershead for saying as much too DJ.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The place dividend was less for Freneys’ Well (1.10) then for Spot Thedifference (1.30)!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Agreed Brevity

My words of praise for Mottershead are sparse but fair play to him for saying what he did.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.