The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Another Tipple

Home Forums Memorials Another Tipple

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Reported fatally injured in the 4.30 at Southwell today. R.I.P.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Just watched the replay and you couldn’t tell whether it was bad or not. But again a horse with just three previous runs being beaten 156/56/40 lengths with starting prices of 100/1 and 200/1 in those three races. Clearly not one of the smartest prospects in the game.
    Rest in Peace Another Tipple

Greasepaint
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10

But again a horse with just three previous runs being beaten 156/56/40 lengths with starting prices of 100/1 and 200/1 in those three races.

True, but a strange thing to highlight when the horse had been dropped to a more appropriate level and starting this race at 6-1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Personally I avoid watching replays when I know horses have been killed…….

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Greasepaint
    22 Feb 2015 23:30

But again a horse with just three previous runs being beaten 156/56/40 lengths with starting prices of 100/1 and 200/1 in those three races.

True, but a strange thing to highlight when the horse had been dropped to a more appropriate level and starting this race at 6-1.

Being dropped into selling company means nothing. Just look at the runners in the race:

Tortoise PU – had three runs in maiden hurdles at 66/1, 66/1 and 100/1 and was dropped into selling company twice finishing stone last in his previous race and pulled up today!!!

Craftybird PU – dropped from novice handicap company into selling company the last two races and was stone last and pulled up today.

Rockweiler last and beaten 60 lengths today. Prior to today he was 100/1 in each of his novice hurdles and 25/1 when dropped into a seller the last time. Finished 7th at Fakenham and was the last horse to finish today.

What I’m saying is that crap horses remain crap even when dropped into selling company and no one should wonder when they are badly injured or killed. We should also be aware that 100/1 with the bookies means 500/1 or even 1000/1 with Betfair which is more realistic. So is it inappropriate to ask why we need that kind of horses in such a professional sport?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

Personally I avoid watching replays when I know horses have been killed…….

Me to Burroughhill..I can’t watch them and if a horse is fatally injured in a race I have recorded I never watch that either.
    RIP poor Another Tipple :(

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I’m beginning to think that Ruby Light gets some sort of perverse excitement from fatalities …why on earth would you feel the need to deliberately watch a replay of a horse taking a fatal fall . :(

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

I’m beginning to think that Ruby Light gets some sort of perverse excitement from fatalities …why on earth would you feel the need to deliberately watch a replay of a horse taking a fatal fall . :(

Well I think that I am fully entitled to watch a replay as often as I want to, especially when I couldn’t watch all races live on TV or through the Internet. And without knowing the outcome after the fall I had to check THIS F…..N FORUM to find out that the poor lad was fatally injured which was also confirmed by the Racing Post later or at the same time.
    So do I have to justify myself for every replay I watch and report it to you GESTAPO folks?????
    By the way, one of the greatest Gold Cup winners of the past 25 years was Looks Like Trouble. A highly underrated horse and one that I backed in the RSA and the year after in the GC. Does this make me a sick person when I like reliving this horse’s performances? I guess not. Start using your brain, please before you make such offending comments. The time of censorship belongs to the past.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

There’s a whole world of difference between reliving a horses past performance and deliberately checking out a horses fatal fall ,looks like i’ve hit a nerve.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Did you hit yourself in the head with a hammer?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Apologies if I’ve made a mistake. From the way you wrote your post it looked like you’d deliberately looked at the replay purely to see how the horse died.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Apologies if I’ve made a mistake. From the way you wrote your post it looked like you’d deliberately looked at the replay purely to see how the horse died.

It’s okay. I’m just happy they didn’t show the head-on. It is enough to know that the horse was fatally injured, who was travelling quite okay before it fell.
    However, the thing don’t understand is why the horse was rated 99 if it was beaten about 250 lengths in its three previous starts. I know that 99 isn’t too high,but it was still enough for the horse to carry top weight in a seller.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

What shows on here is how we all love and care about the welfare of horses, it’s a good thing that we all show this in different ways no animal activist nonsense just plain concern for a horses well-being after it has sustained an injury.

My way is to hide my head in my hands until someone tells me the horse is on it’s feet..doesn’t help the poor horse whatsoever just me. To lose a beautiful horse that you have owned or trained or cared for must be the worst feeling in the world and not forgetting the jockey who rode him/her, to some it’s just another day at the office but others take it very hard.

I’ll always love horseracing but find it very hard to cope with loss so it’s a comfort to have a Memorial section such as this to remember those who don’t make it to happy retirement.
    RIP to all of them :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.