The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Another Promise

Home Forums Horse Racing Another Promise

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    speedyg
    • Total Posts 8

I have just found out that Another Promise and Co (the Hubbard string) are now in the hands of Lucy Wadham from Ferdy Murphy.

Does anyone know if Another Promise had his wind operation that haulted his progress last season and when we will see him again on the racecourse??

Thanks in advance!

David.C.
    • Total Posts 116

Sorry, I can’t help speedyg. That was news to me. Ferdy Murphy has lost a very good horse there. I don’t know how many other horses are involved in the move out of his yard? I’m sure he’ll be very disapointed to loose any of them but especially Another Promise.

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Another Promise had a couple of ops over the summer, and was moved a few months ago to the new yard to try and recuperate. Not expected back on a track any time soon.

speedyg
    • Total Posts 8

Thanks guys! FIngers crossed he makes a full recovery and we see him back on the racecourse in the near future carrying them Green and White silks to victory bringing back the days of Strong Promise and Sibton Abbey!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I loved Strong Promise..loved seeing him racing against One Man..hadn’t realized Sibton Abbey was in the same ownership.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I loved Strong Promise..loved seeing him racing against One Man..hadn’t realized Sibton Abbey was in the same ownership.

….plus Shady Deal, Gee-A, Stray Shot, On The Twist, Cuddy Dale, Clay Hill, Emsee-H, Campsea Ash, John O’Dee, Yale, Southolt, Occold, Pealings and many others.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

can anyone explain to me Another Promises relation to Strong Promise; I read that Strong Gale is his grand sire; does that mean that Presenting is by Strong Gale or is it on the dam side..I had noticed that horses by Presenting were the usually the sort that make my head turn when they walk into the paddock.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Strong Gale is the sire of his dam Snape – dad Presenting is by Mtoto and as you say, often throws some very imposing, impressive horses. Remarkable sire.

speedyg
    • Total Posts 8

….plus Shady Deal, Gee-A, Stray Shot, On The Twist, Cuddy Dale, Clay Hill, Emsee-H, Campsea Ash, John O’Dee, Yale, Southolt, Occold, Pealings and many others.

Not forgetting; Ernest William, Executive King, Easton Gale, Brandeston, Belmarita, Run For Dante ……….

I take it that you are a Hubbard fan??

Another Promise is also related to Hello My Lovely, Faith and Fortune and Ambrosia’s Promise (Snape being their dam and owned by the Hubbard’s), who i believe will be much stronger in their frames this season. Its just good to see the famous Green and White silks still being carried around British Racecourses by the Hubbard Family.

speedyg
    • Total Posts 8

Well Another Promise makes his season debut either at Newbury in the totesport.com Chase or at Newcastle in the Rehersal Chase this Saturday

It will be very interesting after his wind operation and his year break how he fairs for his new trainer Lucy Wadham.

I for one am definitely excited to seeing him back. Fingers crossed he retains the ability that saw him win a Group 1 in Punchestown last year!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I notice that his full brother Little Promise made his debut at Ayr today.

speedyg
    • Total Posts 8

I notice that his full brother Little Promise made his debut at Ayr today.

And a fair run it was to for a first run! It normally takes a season under their belt until the progress begins in earnest!

I am slightly suprised that the Hubbards (Janet Reader) do not own him though!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.