The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Andy Murray

Home Forums General Sports Andy Murray

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8967

If he wasn’t Scottish I might be tempted to label him a right moaning, greetin’ faced wee git.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

What has he done?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

What has he done?

He failed to turn up for his barbers appointment yet again.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

If he wasn’t Scottish I might be tempted to label him a right moaning, greetin’ faced wee git.

I am Scottish and I will readily say that he is a right moaning, greetin’ faced (burst mattress headed) git.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

anyway, tennis is for girls

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

No Simon, it’s Rugby that is for girls or should be anyway as it would make it a lot more interesting to watch.

I don’t like Murray and I think he’s an idiot and it does not matter to me what nationality he is. Apart from team events such as Davis Cup, Ryder Cup etc when I want GB or Europe to win then I don’t don’t care what nationality the player is.

Individual tournaments such as Wimbledon are not team events so I want the player I like and respect the most to win these tournaments. This is why I’ll be cheering for Maria Sharapova to win Wimbledon this year – what other reason could there be :)

Pete

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

I like Murray although I’m not a tennis fan, he’s a fantastic talent and breath of fresh air to the game (a bit like McEnroe). people can moan if they want, what’s wrong with moaning? everyone does it, I can’t understand the poor comments on this thread.

Appearance has got nothing to do with his talent, I bet you lot look gorgeous eh?

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Having attended a number of Bristol vs UWE varsity rugby matches, I can assure you that watching 15 Dallaglio-esque women charge around in the mud doesn’t make for enthralling viewing :D

It’s a shame Andy Murray moans as much as he does, because he’s got plenty of talent, but I get the feeling he knows that and the anger he shows is not out of frustration, but pure arrogance. The sacking of Brad Gilbert shows how far above his station he is already, saying that he can ‘afford to employ people to help him in all areas’.

T*t.

kentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Well I can’t find anything wrong in not wanting to turn up for a non event like the Davis Cup. The problem was caused by John Lloyd dragging Henman back with a known to be retiring Greg R and getting us into a totally unsustainable position in the world group with effectively one player.The Davis cup does not have the international kudos of something like playing for England at football- the tennis players are all international already by dint of their day to day work and by it’s individual nature tennis does not really lend itself to this.Personally if were a top player I also wouldn’t be seen dead at the Olympics another non event for his sport. If they really want to get some team interest in Davis Cup it should be confined to players rated 100+ which would make it more widely competitive and the Olympics the same.I am a tennis player

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

See, he cuts his hair and then goes and beats Roger Federer :D

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Seems being a moaning/sour faced git ( see Nadal for details too ) is a pre -requisite for defeating the mighty Federer. I think that’s twice now that Murray has got his measure.

But will he (A.M.) be able to beat him (R.F.) in a grand slam match ? The real acid test.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Yesterday was a great win for him, but watching how his form has went for the past couple of years I can see Andy Murray becoming the non-overweight tennis equivalent of Colin Montgomerie. All the talent in the world and capable of beating absolutely anybody on a going day, but his pig-headedness may always stop him at the very highest level.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Murray produces excellent performances on occasions but his style of play is to grind out games from the baseline and at the moment he does not have the physical strength and stamina to keep his game going during the 2 weeks of the top events. I’ll be surprised if he wins a Grand Slam in the next few years and I hope he doesn’t.

Pete

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Great result for Murray and not only that he has Federer (beaten him twice in last three games) moaning about his style now (all good I say), I think he’ll win a grand slam one day and I’ll be hoping he does, if he was English the media would be playing on this already. :wink:

As I said earlier he reminds me of John McEnroe, hair, arrogance and full of potential.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

He reminds me of Beaker out of the muppets

Far too ugly to be playing a glamour sport like tennis. Something should be done

As far as i am concerned, hes only British when he wins. Scottish when he loses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.