The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

AND BLOODY JUVENTUS

Home Forums General Sports AND BLOODY JUVENTUS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    naseby
    • Total Posts 22

[i:x1iomku0]Yes, yes, that was another of my trebles that surprisingly went disastrously wrong – last minute goal for Bologna in injury time – er, the bets are all for 90 minutes of play, does injury time count as a draw for the game or is my ‘win’ selection here still wrong then? I.e: 90 minutes it was 1-0 to Juventus, but IN injury time Bologna levelled. Ta. yes, I think it’s safe to say I’ve complicated matters. Thanks if anyone has any input[/b:x1iomku0][/b[/i:x1iomku0]].[/color:x1iomku0]

naseby
    • Total Posts 22

Checked it on Coral (Who I bet with) and lovely, lovely Bologna’s injury time equaliser stands. Very nice of them to put that goal in against the near the top team, Juventus, oh I’m so happy[/color:316ixwi6].

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The term ’90 minutes’ is used only to differentiate extra time (in the case of cup matches), from regular time (which includes injury time and stoppages).

naseby
    • Total Posts 22

Thanks again for that mate, tc, Naseby.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

If, like me, you had backed Manchester United and Celtic last weekend, you would have been more than happy with the extended 90 minutes rule. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

naseby
    • Total Posts 22

True, true how very true!

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Hard luck Naseby; we’ve all been there. You have my sympathy for what it’s worth.
    (Does anyone remember those backward days when, if you selected a HOME win in a league game, you had to have a MINIMUM of 5 selections? Seems so backward nowadays.)

I remember reading a guide book to fixed-odds betting back in the eighties (or was it the seventies?), that had many excellent pieces of advice for the punter who was serious about making fixed-odds betting pay. (I think the book was called something like "MR2 – Maximise Return / Minimise Risk). One of the biggest points made was something like "…to avoid shocks, don’t back teams below a certain price " Seems obvious, but it’s good advice, advice I wished I stayed with in years gone by:-(
    I can’t remember what that price was – maybe 8/15 or 1/2. I wish I’d bought the book (I’d borrowed it from a friend). Much of the advice is irrelevant now that you can do singles. but I had a long, winning record over a few years when I adhered rigidly to the staking plan and selection criteria the author(s) recommended. (One local bookie – Corbetts – even told me not to place bets in such a manner after I’d had another good week.) Ah, those were the days. I’ve given it all back to them by now though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.