The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ambrose Princess

Home Forums Memorials Ambrose Princess

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 63

Fell in the 15:35 at cheltenham, and by the looks of it didn’t survive. Very sad, was a great horse :cry:

Brought down Saint Rogue but think that one is okay.

Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

RUK have confirmed that Ambrose Princess lost her life. And Saint Roque is okay.

At least the broadcaster decided not to show the incident on their replay.

RIP Ambrose Princess
    :(

• Total Posts 811

Having just got in I put on the replay and sadly the first thing I saw was this horrendous fall – it had not been edited out as stated above. Poor girl RIP
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Just had a look at her record – what a great mare she was for her connections – winning/placed in 1/2 her 50 races and only 2 non-completions (PU and a F). She won on the flat turf; all-weather; over hurdles and fences. A great loss to the breed.

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

Horrible, horrible fall. RIP Ambrose Princess, you didnt deserve that. :cry: :cry:

Anyone know how Gold Ability is? Broke down in the 1220 at Newcastle. Didnt look good. Not a good day for racing today.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

It is a double blow for the owners after they lost their other fabulous mare Amber Brook last year. RIP Ambrose Princess

By the way, Ten Plus, nobody said RUK had edited out the fall from the website replay. They just chose not to show it live on their channel after the race.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Rest in Peace Princess.
    Surely no horse deserves to break it’s neck while doing what it "loves the most". Can’t hear this stupid phrase anymore….
    However fair play to Nick Luck who chose the proper words when speaking about a fatality right when the re-run was shown. Not the bullsh!t you hear from some colleagues when they try to play stupid. I wish they all would be as straight as Mr. Luck. As mentioned before, there is no reason to hide deaths on a racecourse anymore. People aren’t that stupid nowadays….

• Total Posts 811

Re: By the way, Ten Plus, nobody said RUK had edited out the fall from the website replay. They just chose not to show it live on their channel after the race.

I watched the replay on tv and not the web and the fall waa shown – like I said it was the first hurdle I saw when I switched on and it was a sickening sight …

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Brilliant mare. RIP girl :cry:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.