Amazing betting market

Home Forums Horse Racing Amazing betting market

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  wit 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1734

With most of the country with nothing better to do than cheer on our mob in the ‘song contest’ last night you may have missed this but it was covered on the betfair forum last night.

The Linda Stubbs horse Expensive Detour was trading most of the day on betfair @ 1.8 (4/5).

I have not received my Racing Post yet but by all accounts it started trading on course at 10/11 with Ladbrokes showing 5/6 for a few moments.

The shows I saw on ruk had the horse at 4/9 just before the off but was returned at 1/3.

However on betfair they were all buying money at 1.22 (2/9) when the market was suspended

The betfair market showed half a million traded just on this horse in the 3 mins before the off and even in the last 30 secs there was 40k. <br>It went from 1.4 (2/5) into 1.22 (2/9) in one massive move on betfair but it seems the on course layers could not keep up with the betfair market and rub it down quick enough on course.

I think Bill Stubbs does like to back some of his runners but on ruk after the race he said words to the effect of ‘We thought we’d give him a run but he was only 65% fit!’

The horse did win (just about) but at 1.64 (4/11) which I requested I thought it was a worth laying for a few bob.

(Edited by Seagull at 11:11 am on May 13, 2007)

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2894

1.64 – 4/11?

I suppose any price is a good price if it’s going to win ;) <br>Thought connections and RUK pundits were a bit OTT atfterwards saying it was a horse for Group races and would be better in a better race. Never understood that saying. Looked a horse to avoid in future to me, nice looking beast though.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1616

Perhaps a bit of ‘lucky last’ syndrome fuelling the gamble?

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1734

yeats<br>I laid it £200 @ 1.364<br>missed a three out

p.s<br>any price is a good price only if it actually wins

(Edited by Seagull at 11:43 am on May 13, 2007)

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2894

Don’t blame you seagull, I considered it when it went to 1.23 but couldn’t see it getting beat :cool:

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1734

If they think thats a future Group horse I will be waiting to take it on big time when I see it entered in a Group race!<br>It beat Miss Taboo a horse rated 36 by a neck last night!

<br>

jonny33
    • Total Posts 69

i was on at 8-11 and couldnt believe the sp. i think it was just a shocking race, all bar the winner. i know the form is worthless but the horse will come on a ton for the race and is worth keeping an eye on as long as they dont aim too highly.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2122

might will hill radio have moved the price ?.

in the last 10 mins before the race, its presenters were saying it couldn’t be beat,  jockeys were queuing up to ride it, etc.    

the (fairly unusual) message was to shovel everything onto it – they told one guy who had made a few bob during the day to put it all on at 4/9 !

their form reading was very much emboldened by a very confident comment from one of their earlier guest presenters –  who also happened to be the jockey’s agent.

the presenters kept repeating that the 4/5 had been the crazy price.

sharp intake of breath when the horse missed the start and had to work to get there…..

best regards

wit

pod
    pod
    • Total Posts 43

Wit – tend to agree with you. Hill Billy Radio did indeed hammer on about it. The particular afternoon guest presenter in question did make the point that he was going along to Thirsk later that evening for virtually the sole purpose of watching the horse run. I think he said something along the lines of even money would be a stand out price but more likely to be odds on.    

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2894

William Hill radio moving the markets! :biggrin:<br>wit & pod, you’ve got be having a laugh, either that or you must be part of the Hills radio team. <br>Do we know which esteemed members of their team may be responsible for this major influence on the markets?<br>Don’t know anyone who listens to it let alone respects what they say.

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 67

I was on Miss Tabboo each way with the win part at 80s.  Even though it was placed I just have to thank those crazy layers.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2122

yeats,

i’m definitely not part of either william hill or mediaondemand (which provides streaming to hills,  lads, and others).

mediaondemand say that will hill radio is among the busiest stations on the internet:

http://www.mediaondemand.net/sportMedia.aspx

its also free on satellite overseas, plus on the phone in the uk, and altogether i’ve heard figures mentioned for it of an average worldwide daily audience of 40,000…..

(by contrast just the Ladbrokes fixtures and results table gets 500,000 hits a month – divide that by 30 and you get 16,666 a day:  so 40,000 doesn’t seem impossible…)

<br>the will hill presenters on saturday night were John Budden and Darren Driver.

they rubbished as a betting proposition the Stoute 1/2f in the Warwick 20:30 (incidentally tipping 15/2 winner Toccata against it).

they then started saying there was a world of difference between backing at 1/2 that fav and backing the 1/2f in the upcoming Thirsk 20:45….

if you haven’t listened to it in a while, maybe you’re missing out…. ;)

best regards

wit <br>

(Edited by wit at 8:25 am on May 14, 2007)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.