The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Amaretto Rose

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I jumped on 14’s for cheltenham but 12’s still available here and there

She doddled this not bad field and Fitz’s comments afterwards could only increase any confidence

Good price still i think

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Beat some above average novices in good style. I missed Fitz’s comments.  What were they?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Ground and lack of experience would stop me going in ante-post but she did win very well and is clearly a very good prospect.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Yes DJ. But Fitz was adamant that all goings came to the same to her

Hurdling was impressive to. Experience not a problem i think> Hendo always gets them well schooled

Swallow…as above. Fitz keeps his feet on the ground i feel, but he has clearly been very impressed by this one for a while now

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

i was impressed, look forward to seeing her take the next step up the ladder

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Impressive and did it the hard way, jockey gave her alot to do in that ground. Certainly the best of the Brits.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I think you meant British Isles aidan :)

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

She most certainly didn’t "do it the hard way" as although Mick Fitz was a fair way off the front two, they clearly struggled to keep up the gallop and she didn’t have to come off the bridle to get past them. A typically astute piece of jockeyship from the old fella.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Agreed Rory – they made it easier for her today than will be the case in future although, that said, she looks a real prospect.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I think you meant British Isles aidan

Hmmm time will tell. To me this looks about a strong a bunch of novice hurdlers Ireland has had in a long time. In comparison the novice chasers here look very beatable.

SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1194

Quote: from cormack15 on 11:11 am on Jan. 21, 2007[br]Agreed Rory – they made it easier for her today than will be the case in future although, that said, she looks a real prospect.<br>

<br>It seems to me that most of the principles have softish ground breeding as well as form so on good ground i wouldnt be surprised if there was a turn up.

(Edited by SirHarryLewis at 4:36 pm on Jan. 22, 2007)

SHL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.