Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Albert Bartlett

This topic contains 64 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by thehorsesmouth thehorsesmouth 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    ivanjica
    ivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ivanjica wrote:</div>
    Milsean just finished runner up at 33/1 at Cheltenham. Beaten the last twice at 4/5 and 1/4.

Davy Russell commented after the Windsor Lad run that its all about one day, seeming to imply results earlier in the season are somehow irrelevant.

They are not irrelevant to punters who lose money when clearly horses were not conditioned to do themselves justice.

Will the stewards/authorities take any action?

Milsean needs to lead Ivanjica, usually finding nothing off the bridle (as last twice). Only puts it all in now and again. He put it all in today, may be Cheltenham suits him.

He was in the lead when turned over at odds of 1/4f – the more perplexing of the the two odds on defeats. It is a result that needs to be looked it imo.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gingertipster wrote:</div>

Milsean just finished runner up at 33/1 at Cheltenham. Beaten the last twice at 4/5 and 1/4.

Davy Russell commented after the Windsor Lad run that its all about one day, seeming to imply results earlier in the season are somehow irrelevant.

They are not irrelevant to punters who lose money when clearly horses were not conditioned to do themselves justice.

Will the stewards/authorities take any action?

Milsean needs to lead Ivanjica, usually finding nothing off the bridle (as last twice). Only puts it all in now and again. He put it all in today, may be Cheltenham suits him.

He was in the lead when turned over at odds of 1/4f – the more perplexing of the the two odds on defeats. It is a result that needs to be looked it imo.

Yes Ivanjica, Milsean was in the lead at that venue. But what I am saying is Milsean probably needs a lot of things in his favour to “put it all in”, and even with ideal conditions only in the horse’s mind whether to go through with his effort. ie He’s inconsistent. As well as contours of the course, atmosphere (crowd) might have something to do with it. I also know Mullins is a great believer in ear plugs which imo make a big difference to horses at Cheltenham. Sadly we do not know which and when horses wear ear plugs.

Yes, may be stewards could enquire, but some pointless excuse will be used; trainers never say “he’s a dog”.

value is everything
    ivanjica
    ivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gingertipster wrote:</div>

Yes Ivanjica, Milsean was in the lead at that venue. But what I am saying is Milsean probably needs a lot of things in his favour to “put it all in”, and even with ideal conditions only in the horse’s mind whether to go through with his effort. ie He’s inconsistent. As well as contours of the course, atmosphere (crowd) might have something to do with it. I also know Mullins is a great believer in ear plugs which imo make a big difference to horses at Cheltenham. Sadly we do not know which and when horses wear ear plugs.

Yes, may be stewards could enquire, but some pointless excuse will be used; trainers never say “he’s a dog”.

I take your point Ginge, but I suppose it is one of a few results that has particularly infuriated me. I was having my best season over jumps for a long while until the wheels well and truly came off on and since the Leopardstown Hennessy weekend. I looked back over my stats last night and since October if I had avoided all Irish racing (85% of which were 6/4 or shorter) I would have been in a really good position going into a Festival that has been kind to followers of form in the Graded races. Putting it another way instead of £50 each way on Coneygree it would have been more like £500.

I know I have only myself to blame as for years friends and colleagues have said avoid domestic Irish racing like the plague because it is riddled with “strange” results but I always let my guard down and then end up doing a load chasing.

Hopefully going forward I can learn my lesson and just be patient and only back Irish trained horses in the big UK meetings.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Know nothing about Snow Falcon, Tommy, but your vote is good enough for me. Unusually, 365 who are NRNB everything, are far and away biggest at 40s, at which I’ve had a tenner!

Unfortunately ran in the Neptune, where he ran a cracker, but would have been better suited to the three mile race.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Hard lines to Thehorsesmouth if he backed Milsean. I know Tommy gave a good word for the horse early doors and then had to see him disappoint rather badly. He very nearly pulled it off.

Well done to Martello Tower fans, he was most game in the finish today.

Hadn’t a penny on David, when I put him up I thought he was the sort who could run well if the ground was on the soft side, but when he disappointed so badly I thought he was one to watch rather than back.

I was all over No More Heroes at 14/1 (e/w thankfully) who was the horse to take from the race for me. He’s a bit awkward at his hurdles and fences could be the making of him.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.