Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Albert Bartlett hurdle 2017

This topic contains 178 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by raymo61 raymo61 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Wholestone drifting possibly due to the woeful form of the yard.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5651

I like Wholestone but his trainer’s handling of The New One (and, yes, I know how much he’s won but he’d have won an awful lot more campaigned as the natural stayer that he is) puts me off backing anything from the yard.

Ami Desbois seems excellent value for a tough and consistent front-runner who seems to be peaking at just the right time. Softer ground would have helped, but he’s won on good and if his jock gets the fractions right he could take some passing. His only outing here was at this trip when he ran Wholestone to a length at levels. At four times Wholestone’s price he makes much more appeal.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’m happy to oppose Death here with Augusta Kate 7/1 (could of won last time), Wholestone 15/2 (course form) & Penhill 16/1 (form looks solid).

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2443

Wholestone at 6/1 :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

I went for The Worlds End at 14’s Ante-Post, and although happy with what I’ve seen of him, I’ll have a small top up on Monalee at around 7’s, as he’s always impressed me, and despite trainer saying he wouldbe trying to avoid Death Duty, he’s still up against him. I’ve taken both of these win only.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Am already on Wholestone ante post at double figures but have backed two cos I think they are too big a price Monalee 9/1 and Constantine Bay at 25/1

But I still fancy Wholestone!! :good: :good:

P.S. I am better at handicaps LOL

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

Done The Worlds End and Constantine Bay both ew here with Augusta saver

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

To paraphrase the famous/imfamous Frankie Miller T-shirt from the 1970’s

Willie Who? Willie Fxxxing Mullins That’s Who

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’m happy to oppose Death here with Augusta Kate 7/1 (could of won last time), Wholestone 15/2 (course form) & Penhill 16/1 (form looks solid).

When I saw this horse win a race at Ascot on Victoria Cup day 2 years ago, I remember thinking he could run well at a festival – but I was thinking Glorious Goodwood! Still like I said he brought solid form into this and was overpriced.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Well done Charles good stuff!! :good: :good:

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5651

Well done, Charles and any other Penhill supporters.

I can’t recall seeing a hurdler carrying his head as low as Death Duty.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second third and fourth!! :cry: :cry:

And the fourth has come from miles back after being hampered by The Worlds End fall!!

GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second third and fourth!! :cry: :cry:

And the fourth has come from miles back after being hampered by The Worlds End fall!!

Unlucky Raymo…and ironic. Being hampered by TWE cost CB at least 5 lengths and TWE would have gone very close as was travelling well when falling and had about 10 in hand of CB through a line with No Hassle Hoff. Yet again Heskin made up ground quicker than necessary which may have contributed to horse and jockey not being in harmony re take off stride. Tom George is doing so well that he may need a better experienced jockey going forward and I believe the arrangement with Heskin was just for this season.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

I couldn’t believe how quick TWE made ground GM. I actually commented on it before he fell!!

He was going well though! Unlucky.

Viewing 14 posts - 166 through 179 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.