The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Alan McCabe

Home Forums Horse Racing Alan McCabe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Do any forumites know what’s happening with Alan McCabe? I realised he hadn’t any runners this week at Southwell and looking at his record he hasn’t had any runners at all this year and only 3 in December. There are no current entries either.

I know that he has had problems in recent years that were out of his control, but thought that he had recovered from these. Sad to see that since his 61 winners in 2011 from 640 runners, last year he had 20 from 253 (flat racing). The days of Caspar Netscher seem a long time ago now.

Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Alan McCabe has had a runner today in a Hunter Chase at Taunton of all places!! I walked in and saw him giving a brief interview pre-race on ATR without any explanation, that I heard, for his absence from the track.

The horse, Hector’s Choice, was quite well fancied but sadly, for Mr McCabe, pulled up. I notice that he has more entries ‘over the sticks’ in the next week, but no A/W ones. It seems strange to have Southwell (or Wolverhampton even) fixtures without McCabe runners.

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

There was an item in the Racing Post several days ago which said that he
    had moved to another base in Shropshire , renting from ex-trainer David Loder.

Peters
    Participant
    • Total Posts 68

Thanks for that Bimble. I must admit I’m not a regular Racing Post reader (even less after next month’s price rise) and their website drives me mad sometimes!

Interesting move to Shropshire as his stables near Southwell were allegedly a nice set up in a convenient spot for the A1 and nearby courses.

I wish him the best of luck and hope that the ‘Caspar’ days return!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.