The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Alan King Stable

Home Forums Horse Racing Alan King Stable

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Thorntons a popular brand name of Chocolates hence ‘Choc(olate)’ Thornton.

If you wanted anyone on your side as a punter in the National Hunt scene it would probably be the King/Thornton combo.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I used to work in thorntons as a part time job…. How did I not make the connection!!!! Cheers

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

and my opinion for you above mate, is sam thomas is [expletive], thats why hes second choice to ruby, i much prefer the apprentice liam heard to sam thomas

liam heard is a good jockey and one race that sticks in my mind that he rid so well is the beacher chase last year which was one by a paul nicholls trained horse,but he`s not in the same league as sam thomas there is no way he could have coped with the pressure sam thomas has put up with in the past month

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

ive been betting quite a while now, and ive had no luck on sam thomas he doesnt bring the same level out of the horses wheras ruby does, being as there the same stable, and its hard to explain really lol, i just dont rate him, hes not as succsessfull, accurate, skillfull as ruby or choc or whatever u like, thats why i dont like him.

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

ive been betting quite a while now, and ive had no luck on sam thomas he doesnt bring the same level out of the horses wheras ruby does, being as there the same stable, and its hard to explain really lol, i just dont rate him, hes not as succsessfull, accurate, skillfull as ruby or choc or whatever u like, thats why i dont like him.

I think you might be a bit premature in your views as Sam is still relatively young (23 I think) and this last couple of years have been the first that he’s been getting on really good horses.
    I agree that he’s not (yet) as good as Ruby and Choc but not many are and I think he has the potential to match RT if not RW.
    FWIW I’ve never had much luck with Richard Hughes on the flat so I’ve been known to curse him when talking from my pocket but then he rides great races when I dont back him :lol: that’s just the way it goes sometimes :(

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

yer u r ryt, thts wht i mean, also i back michael hills, richard hills, mckevoy, they all do wt u say, bein as mckevoy ride for suroor along with detoori, and detoori brings more wins to the stable :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 6009

yer u r ryt, thts wht i mean, also i back michael hills, richard hills, mckevoy, they all do wt u say, bein as mckevoy ride for suroor along with detoori, and detoori brings more wins to the stable :?

Nice to have someone on the forum who’s fluent in one of the more divergent dialects of colloquial Yoruba

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

A plea from one geriatric :

Could members please post in English, PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Colin

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

lol you cant tell no one their slang is bad with a name like colin. faggot

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Someone who signs in as tarantula is having a go at my real name!

Ho hum.

Colin

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Colin,

It’s probably just frustration – imagine a life in which your preferred sexual partner has eight legs and excessive body hair.

AP

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

lol, its jus a username, y r u 2 on this forum for anyway, samthomas butt fuckers

• Total Posts 1800

this thread reminds me of a rash of obscene threads and posts a while back which caused some admin work

i think it’s either the same person or a village is missing it’s idiot

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

oooo ohhh a village missing its idiot, arent u a posh boy, shut up

Participant
    • Total Posts 1509

Colin,

It’s probably just frustration – imagine a life in which your preferred sexual partner has eight legs and excessive body hair.

AP

With a bit of luck she’ll bite his head off soon.

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

according to Choc on the Yawning Line on Saturday, he got his name from the head lad for having a sweet tooth, his surname is just coincidence.

Well, I thought it was an interesting bit of trivia anyway…..

10/1 Tarantula to get to 50 posts, form an orderly queue :)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

C H,

Is that Tarantula price available on a website ?

AP

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.