The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Alan King Stable

Home Forums Horse Racing Alan King Stable

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

I recently betted a winner from the alan king stable last week, Franchoek. I think the stable has some good horses and upcoming rivals, and is my personal favourite stable. But ive heard alot about people commenting on the way Robert Thornton rides, saying he is useless. What do all you think about his rides?

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

…and is this what you think too? that he’s useless? I put him in my top 5 at the moment. In fact in a Grade 1 I’d rather have him than McCoy, right now.

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

mccoy is useless, ive lost count on the number of times of lost on him this season. he never trys if he knows hes going to lose, robert thornton always pushing, like p.carberry, he have alot of winners. do u think mccoy race fixer?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Are you on a wind-up mission?

McCoy is useless and a race fixer! :shock:

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

every1 in mj in my town leaves mccoy favourites well alone lol. but i think his time will come on exotic dancer, he needed the race in my opinion when geraghty rode it

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Robert Thornton is a good and much improved jockey. Like all sportsmen, he thrives on confidence.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

perhaps when a jockey/stable suddenly has a much higher profile people watch everything that happens more carefully and pick up on small things that would normally go un noticed? also, the more well known a stable the less value for money with your bets eg. when McCoy was riding for Pipe and now Paul Nicholls and Ruby/Sam Thomas – people then feel more aggrieved when they don’t win [only a thought, Monday morning, just back from work, very tired….] really like Alan King/Choc Thornton, but I’m more of a watcher than a gambler….

• Total Posts 115

Choc is a top jockey – he always seems to get the horse in a position where it could win if it were good enough. He’s an extreme professional who cares deeply about the way he performs, which is why he and Alan always plan the way they race together

McCoy gets plenty out of horses, but gets heavily backed because of who he is and therefore suspect he has a greater number of losing favourites (if that was the point being made). He also wins more races than anyone else!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Sometimes you fancy a horse and the jock can put you off it..never the case with Robert Thornton. I don’t know who said he was rubbish but they are talking dribble……ask Seabird he’s an expert on Dribble :lol: Had to get ya back mate :wink:

Tarantula…you had to be drunk or talking through your pocket coming away with statment like that. I’ve been in racing one way or another for 40 years and I have never seen a more hard working or talented jockey. I would have him in my top 10 jockeys of all time without hestation.

To answer your question about is McCoy being a race fixer:- simply isn’t worth answering..

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Fists, at my age dribble is a constant problem. :oops: :cry:

Colin

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Wind up alert!!!

madgic
    • Total Posts 45

Might be on the wrong jockey but think its choc, he rides very similar to a flat jockey with just his toes in the stirrups rather than all his foot and i think this sometimes makes him look strange for a jump jockey.

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

mccoy is useless, ive lost count on the number of times of lost on him this season. he never trys if he knows hes going to lose, robert thornton always pushing, like p.carberry, he have alot of winners. do u think mccoy race fixer?

youve got to be jockeing mc coy never gives up untill he crosses the line
    choc thornton is a dam good jockey in my opinion but i think the most improveing jockey has to be sam thomas i know he`s rid on the likes of kauto and denman and other top horses for nicholls but theres alot of jockeys that would of cracked under pressure

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

we all have our own opinions

tarantula_123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

and my opinion for you above mate, is sam thomas is ****, thats why hes second choice to ruby, i much prefer the apprentice liam heard to sam thomas

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

and my opinion for you above mate, is sam thomas is [expletive], thats why hes second choice to ruby, i much prefer the apprentice liam heard to sam thomas

Please explain in a reasoned fashion tarantula_123 why Sam Thomas is whatever you called him? If you can do so I may respect your view, but at the moment I don’t.
    A number of Britain’s top trainers among them Paul Nicholls, Alan King, Venetia Williams, Henrietta Knight, Sue Smith and Brendan Powell have used Sam’s services in the last couple of weeks.
    Are they all wrong and you right, or are you just a wind-up merchant like has been suggested? If you just want to slag people off and cast aspersions about the integrity of jockeys for no particular reason please do it somewhere else. :|

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Might be on the wrong jockey but think its choc, he rides very similar to a flat jockey with just his toes in the stirrups rather than all his foot and i think this sometimes makes him look strange for a jump jockey.

Thats him.. Why is he called choc? :? I can never work that out…

Cracking jockey who is possibly the best english (Nationality, not the country they ride in) jockey riding the jumps at the moment.

Spiderman you’ve got to be on the wind up….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.