The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Al Roc

Home Forums Horse Racing Al Roc

Viewing 14 posts - 52 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Didn’t Lough Derg race a lot. And used to kick his stable door if they didn’t take him racing?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2274

Al Roc has been retired now in non racing agreement

VF x

Participant
    • Total Posts 4719

Best news of the day, that, VF. 👍

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

Any details why? Injury?

Prong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 668

From David Pipes website:

Al Roc pulled up at Doncaster on Friday and we made the decision after the race to retire him. We have only had the eleven year old a year but he has been fantastic for us and won four races and over £45,000 in prize money in that time. He has won twelve races in a brilliant career and over £430,000 in lifetime earnings. ‘Alan’ as he is affectionately known as in the yard is a lovely character with a great attitude and his owners, Fergus and Judith Wilson have gifted him to Bex who looks after him at Pond House and adores him. He will live not far from the yard and have a very happy forever home as a horse of leisure.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Shame to hear he’s retired, but a great effort this year. Credit to the Pipe team for getting these horses to stand up to such a tough schedule. Sick of people on Twitter calling for the death penalty because they ran their horses. Clearly the majority have stood up to it.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5976

As I mentioned in another topic the pipe yard has a very strong and experienced team , David isn’t the world’s best trainer but he def knows how to treat his staff

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

All I really know about David Pipe is that, whenever I’ve seen him at a racecourse ( usually Cheltenham) he’s the first to congratulate someone who beats him and always has a smile on his face. And I still have a letter from Mrs Pipe that I received years ago after I’d written to them about Sabin du Loire.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12998

“Fergus and Judith Wilson have gifted him to Bex who looks after him at Pond House and adores him.”

Is that code for they’ve found someone else to fund his day-to-day existence the rest of his life or is that just Chezza being appallingly cynical?

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

Red Happy, D’jango, and Abaya Du Mathan all declared in the Sussex National tomorrow; amazed they made it to Jan 2 without a previous run.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12998

I wonder if any of them will need the race?

Said no one ever.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2274

D’Jango came third yesterday

Vf x

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1612

D’Jango ran very well yesterday. He looked like he’d thoroughly had enough in the Welsh National, so I was quite surprised. Perhaps the return to a much more realistic grade did the trick.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

And Dindin in the previous race, booted into the first fence as if he had an advantage in fitness.
    The love of my life, Dawn Run, died partly due to being over-raced by greedy owners, so I’m sensitive about this.
    There is a happy medium, of course; usually now its 2 prep runs and Cheltenham.

Viewing 14 posts - 52 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.