Aintree Foxhunters plus a few others on Youtube

Home Forums Video Archive Aintree Foxhunters plus a few others on Youtube

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gibbs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

Newly uploaded, not by me, but just stumbled across this channel, all races only added the last few days, mostly foxhunters at aintree, but a few other races over the big fences too, just spent a good hour reliving a few of them! The 1998 race see’s a certain amateur by the name of Mr R Walsh.

<!– m –>http://www.youtube.com/user/espmadrid#p … 6wTzkkaHic<!– m –>

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Cheers for the link Robert, got most of these on VHS somewhere (if they’ve not decomposed by now), but just about to watch 81 & 82 Foxhunters.

I’ll give 86 a miss though, F###ing Eliogarty.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 593

Thanks for that Robert, I’ve subscribed already. Great stuff. Others may like to know that the last 3 Maryland Hunt Cups are also on Youtube.

Robert Gibbs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

No probs. I’m excited to read that he has the Becher Chases as well. I’ve always wanted to see Kildimo’s win in the first Becher Chase in 92, Missed it as I was at school and I set the video up wrong!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Robert, if he doesn’t get round to putting it up, I’ve got that race, and wouldn’t be a problem to get it to you.

Robert Gibbs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

Oh right, thanks for letting me know. Give him a couple of weeks, if it doesn’t appear I will take you up on that, cheers.

Robert Gibbs
    Participant
    • Total Posts 329

I will just add that BlueManc43’s channel is brilliant also. Very much enjoyed watching Dessies Racing Post victory again, in full.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bluemanc43# … OdSg2V98ns

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1018

The Blue Man rocks! Just watched the 1983 Sun laaiance Hurdle. Sabin Du Loir Ist, Dawn Run 2nd, West tip £rd, also in the field Simon Legree, Ballinacurra Lad; absoluelty brilliant, keep them coming please.
    He also has the only footage I’ve seen of the great Killiney

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6928

Oh Lordy, that’s the remainder of today taken care of, I suspect. Massive thanks for posting!

Just reliving the 1995 Aintree Foxhunters at the moment. Plenty of current / subsequent trainers among the riders back then (Charlie Morlock, Barry Brennan, Ben Pollock on none other than Brown Windsor, Nick Kent, Alan Hill, Steve Brookshaw, Neil King, etc.), and Monaughty Man running the race of his life for Ted Caine. Splendid times!

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Old Applejack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

Alice Plunkett is in one of those old Foxhunters as well. All great viewing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.