The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aintree – Day 3

Home Forums Horse Racing Aintree – Day 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

The Grand National has been well discussed elsewhere. I remain convinced that Hedgehunter is the best horse in the race and has a very good chance of proving it, unless they over-water.<br>For me, the best and most intriguing race of the whole meeting is the Aintree Hurdle. Detroit City should put his Champion Hurdle flop behind him over this extra half mile, (And prove there was nothing wrong with him but the pace and the distance:) ), though he did have a very hard race which could possibly leave its mark.<br>Asian Maze and Jazz Messenger also come into it, as may Gaspara with a 14lb concession, but the bet for me has to be Afsoun.<br>3rd in the Champion Hurdle is much the best form in the race imo,  and the way he finished there suggests he will better still over this trip. His half-brother Afrad certainly was, and his owner buys most of his horses specifically as potential staying chasers, which also augurs well.<br>The only other race where I could find an edge is the 2 mile novice chase, where, despite his trainer’s trepidation about the track, I make Fair Along a solid selection. He has the shape and size to whip around this sharp track close to what looks like being a very solid pace, and jumps well enough to have them all in trouble by the death.<br>Like shooting fish in a barrel, ain’t it?:biggrin: <br>

(Edited by reet hard at 11:26 pm on April 13, 2007)

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Detroit City should put his Champion Hurdle flop behind him over this extra half mile, And prove there was nothing wrong with him but the pace and the distance

<br>Err, i think you’ll find it proves feck all,

<br>Only way to probably prove anything ,  is for DC to take on those horses again under same ground conditions,  have  race run in   same Pace shape with the same result and although a repeat scenario would  not be conclusive evidence,    it would give  your theory a fair bit of strength

Anything else,  is just an interpretation of what happened in one particular event and proves "jack sh1te"  :cheesy:

(Edited by empty wallet at 5:50 am on April 14, 2007)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.