The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aerion Power

Home Forums Horse Racing Aerion Power

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

28 days sounded on the high side when first hearing it but would imagine its more effective to have deterrents such as a ban rather than relying on the personal pride of the jockey for it to not happen again.
    Theres roughly 12 seconds in a furlong in this case the rider stopped riding after 6, it would sound like a basic error to make.
    Whats somewhat surprising is how infrequent things like this actually happen, or maybe they do and get buried in horses finishing down the field

Father_Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

I actually think the shadow after his “winning”/half furlong post made him not see the real winning post.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

“How long do we think the suspension without pay was for the racecourse judge who called the wrong result at Sandown Park?”

Completely agree with this point. Jockeys are always penalised when they make mistakes but it would appear the officials get away scot free.

Yes, the punters who backed Aerion Power should have been on a winner. But the punters who backed Hurricane Ivor were cheated by the officials who, as far as we are aware, have received no censure.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

On the point about “long furlongs”, do we know if all furlong posts are in the right place?

I am sure I can remember reading an article where some sectional time fans were complaining about the various furlong markers (not just the 1 furlong pole) not being in the right place, especially on Irish tracks.

And why does there have to be a half furlong pole? As far as I am aware they are not found on every track. And if they were removed, there is no way such incidents would happen.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

‘The Long Donny Furlong’, starring Bob Hoskins, Pierce Brosnan, and Mark Crehan.

“Thats not the Winning Post, you short streak of paralysed piss! Jockeys? I’ve **** ’em!”.

BUY THE SUN

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

That history-disrespecting utter bitch Sally Iggulden has evidently sanctioned the sacrilegious removal of the distance post (also entirely unnecessary nowadays – but I liked it!) at Beverley and pointless half-furlong poles are cropping up here there and (seems like nearly) everywhere.

What is the world coming to??!!

“A half furlong pole with ‘half furlong’ written on it. You’d think a brought young college boy like you would have noticed that – ****ing Judas!”

One of the all-time great movies, TTC.

Well worth paraphrasing at every opportunity.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

I quite like the half furlong as a viewer
    but agree its not needed for jockeys

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16516

I see from the replay he recovered sufficiently to hold off Spanish Archer by a nose. ..
    So he didn’t entirely get the elbow.

Viewing 8 posts - 18 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.