The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Advance

Home Forums Memorials Advance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Finished his last race lame and couldn’t be saved. Only 4 years old.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Do you have any further info Bonanzaboy? Because I can’t find a horse with that name listed on the RP website? I’d like to add to the Gubbage memorial site.

RIP, Advance. Not fair you should be taken so young. :cry:

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Yes he was a Ruth Carr horse. I’m sure she’ll have done a tribute on her website.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

But what race was he in? I can’t find any mention/listing for Advance in RP – and nothing on Ruth’s site either.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

I can’t understand this. I’ve just checked on the RP and he’s there. He finished 9th in the 2.45 Pontefract on 17th September. That’s all it says on the RP. However, he was then found to be lame and was taken to an equine hospital where they tried, but failed, to save him. This is on Ruth Carr’s newsletter for October. Maybe you need to sign up for that, I don’t know. Regardless, he’s definitely listed when you put his name in on the RP website.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Yes, I found him too

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Tried again and this time it appeared. :good: Don’t know why it didn’t come up the first time around. And without knowing race date/place/time I couldn’t really search for him otherwise. Will add to Gubbage. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.