The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Act Of Kalanisi

Home Forums Memorials Act Of Kalanisi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

The 9-year-old was put down at Bangor today having sustained a pelvis injury. It was his first hunter chase, and was currently trained by Zara Phillips.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

What a shame that his previous connections didn’t retire him. A very poor jumper even over hurdles and an absolute NON-chaser.
    But I guess this always tends to happen when people get too over ambitious. He wasn’t supposed to be there (over fences) and training NH horses isn’t something you do just because you’re famous.
    RIP Act of Kalanisi and how terrible that he died at such an young age!!!!

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I think Zara has done a superb job with Monbeg Dudes jumping so there’s every reason to suppose she’s pretty good at teaching horses to jump. Act of Kalinisi had been hampered at an earlier fence according to the race review, so may have damaged himself then.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

I admire your compassion for horses RubyLight, but it might pay to do a little research before you steam in looking for some ‘angle’ as to why each and every racehorse death was negligent. Sometimes you make good points, but after-timing about accidents isn’t particularly tasteful.

Zara Phillips isn’t just a famous person training racehorses for the fun of it. She’s an expert in schooling and conditioning horses to an Olympic standard. That’s obviously a different field to racing, but her work with Monbeg Dude shows her talent.

Act Of Kalanisi had jumped around Cheltenham and Newbury quite safely in his time with Dr Newland and was unlucky to take a knock and break down at Bangor today. He was only 9 and enthusiastic, seemingly a good prospect for hunters and PTPs. When you think of how long NH rules refugees Carryonharry, Earthmover, Turthen, Take The Stand, Red Brook Lad, Cape Stormer etc chugged along on the amateur circuit, 9 is nothing.

RIP Act Of Kalanisi. That really put a dampener on Teaforthree’s excellent win.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

I have never questioned her abilities and her passion for horses. But it was her first Rules runner for 7 years and a horse like him who never jumped for fun deserved a better fate. The care and improvement showed by one particular horse is something I respect, however it always seems to happen to a certain breed more often. And that is the Flat bred sort. If you look closer at French bred horses you will find out that they are more suitable for jumps racing. A better bone structure and more longevity than they used to have 20 years ago. That’s why NH owners should focus more on that breed. That is my point and I’m still waiting for that day when trainers or connections of a fatally injured horse will admit their fault. Until then these people will remain perfect human beings and a superior breed compared to the average citizen.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Absolutely devastated to see his name here. I feared the worst when he stopped so quickly. I’ve followed him from day one – as I do all of the horses from his family – and it’s terribly sad that this has happened.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32

Do you train Ruby Light, your knowledge is so extensive ….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.