The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A points system

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems A points system

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JAR
    • Total Posts 188

Here is a points system adapted from others I have seen on the Internet.

Discard handicap hurdles and any race where all the horses do not have at least 3 last race placings.

In each race award points to each horse for each of their last 3 races, <br>as follows:

Position       Most Distant          Prev         Latest<br>Place Race         

Winner ……..              3                6                      9<br>Second …….               2               3                      6<br>Third ……….                1               2                      3<br>Fourth ….….               0               1                      2

Course Winner award ………………………….   1 points<br>Distance Winner award ………………………..  2 points<br>Ran fewer than 33 days ago award ….…   3 points

Non – handicap only<br> in first 3 of the SP forecast ……                award 6 points.

Handicap races only – <br>Flat weight in range 8 lbs to 9 st 2 lbs and<br>Jumps weight in the range of 10 lbs to 11 st 2 lbs  …    …..award 8 points.

MOST POINTS = BEST HORSE<br>Only bet if more than 27 points are scored.<br> <br>Using a bank of 400 points.

Stake on the sequence<br>1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,9,9,10 pts.<br>reverting to 1 point on a win or if the end of the<br>sequence is reached.:)

JAR
    • Total Posts 188

Does anyone out there know of a similar perhaps better points type system?

JAR
    • Total Posts 188

A small improvement to this points method. Look for races that contain a horse which has last raced fewer than 8 days ago. Only use these races.<br>Apply the points method, then if the top on points last raced fewer than 8 days ago this is a selection.<br>You may not get many bets.<br>But it is quick to use and you will very often be on a winner.;)

kevincater
    • Total Posts 2

Hello jar

Fineform uses a simmilar system e.g using last 2 races

1 = 5, 2 = 3, 3 = 2, 4 = 1, C = 1, D = 2

Max Points 13

hope this helps

JAR
    • Total Posts 188

Thanks Kevincater<br>I have heard of the fineform formulae.  :) The full formulae also adds 3 pts if in first 3 of the SP forecast plus an extra 4 points if in the top 3 of the newspaper form ratings. However the fineform formulae is copywrite protected so I assume you cannot use it without permission from Clive Holt. There is I believe a similar formulae called Accu-form, I do not know how that gives points though.<br>Regards<br>John

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

JAR,<br>I have a small booklet called ‘Racing to Profit’ and that gives a points system:

Last race won over same distance as today +3<br>Came within 3 lengths over same distance +2<br>Ever won over today’s distance +1

Course winner +1

Won over today’s going +1<br>Hard/Firm/Soft or Heavy +1/2

Is in top 3 of paper form +2

Ran within past 20 days +2<br>21 to 40 days +1

Jockey is in top 5 for course +2<br>Jockey is in 6 to 10 +1

Trainer is in top 5 for course +2<br>Trainer is in 6 to 10 +1

Alot to go through but does turn up winners:o <br>

JAR
    • Total Posts 188

Thank for the input dave, Thats one I’ve not seen before.<br>:) <br>Regards<br>John

JAR
    • Total Posts 188

Looking through some old papers the other day. I found what I think is my copy of Accu-form.  This does allocate points in a similar manner to Fineform. It gives points for the last two race placings and the best race placing of the previous two races.  Then it gives points for a  :biggrin: course win and points for a distance win. Then on a scale it awards points for the most recent last time out. <br>A bit complicated for most persons taste.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.