The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 8 posts - 1,327 through 1,334 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

I have continued writing year on year without a break so those looking for my next thread to start tomorrow morning will be dissapointed.

Being a Layer rather than a backer this past year

or so its not easy dedicating a thread to such due to timing issues

It seems the Ante-Post King is now the King Layer. Well, backing the whole field to beat one horse should prove easier for you Gord. :lol:

Best of luck whatever you try next Gord. :)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

An enjoyable read Gord.
    A good run of lays and as always an excellent Cheltenham.
    Looking forward to the big meet up next week. :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: we still need to meet up my man! I owe you a Derby Day trip but due to my unfortunate health issues it won’t be this year mate, but 2015 without doubt! Hopefully beforehand at a nice track. Feel free to PM anytime you go racing and we can sort summat

TommyboyMajuro
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

I never really log in or post but check your posts most days. A great read and a great insight. Keep up the good work!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

TAPK retiring??!! I don’t believe it for a second! If you do it will be simply to feed your fish into a frenzy of anticipation awaiting The Great Comeback! Your return will be a bigger story than Ali winning the title again or Sinatra returning to the stage or Bobby Ewing coming back in the shower. Enjoy the break mate and thanks for the last 5 years but I expect to see you back on here sooner than later!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Some of us on here were

Wading

into

Bracelets

full Sister for the 1000gns and Oaks a couple of years ago,sadly she never set foot on a racecourse again after her 2yo campaign.Today was a taking performance from Michael Tabors daughter of ‘Cherry Hinton’ and she looks a filly of classic potential,More Oaks than Guineas.I wouldn’t write off the runner up

Balansiya

over a 11/2m just yet though for all she was outpaced today.Good signs for

Tapestry

after todays race for sure.

I thought Balansiya would win today and was disappointed with her finishing effort. I wouldn’t be overly keen on her upped to a mile and a half. However, it may well be the case that she’ll come on plenty for today.

I was watching

Marvellous

closely as I had her down as a potential Oaks filly and thought she ran a very nice race over a trip likely to be well short of what she wants. I planned on keeping my money in my pocket regarding the Flat this year but I might just have a fiver each way on her for the Oaks at 20/1.

Any thoughts on her?

Finally got around to backing Marvellous for the Oaks, albeit after today’s win. 10/1 looks a decent price, 1m 4f is a step in to the unknown but from what she showed today then I think she’ll get the trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was watching

Marvellous

closely as I had her down as a potential Oaks filly and thought she ran a very nice race over a trip likely to be well short of what she wants. I planned on keeping my money in my pocket regarding the Flat this year but I might just have a fiver each way on her for the Oaks at 20/1.

Any thoughts on her?

Finally got around to backing Marvellous for the Oaks, albeit after today’s win. 10/1 looks a decent price, 1m 4f is a step in to the unknown but from what she showed today then I think she’ll get the trip.

Well my thoughts are with Steve Caution today Tommy,he wouldn’t have slept well last night having seen what was visually the performance of this years Oaks winner,it was a

Marvellous

run and if she turns up the only thing that can beat her is Stamina issues,we know Steves filly will get the 11/2m stood on her head but will ‘Marvellous’? I’d say so myself.7/1 is still too big imo but I doubt my filly

Tapestry

will join her now,42’s on the machine doesn’t inspire confidence……I’ll just chuck another tenner on though! 8)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what your thoughts on Ascot so far any luck there so far.What did you think of KINGMAN who i did not back but i did back LEADING LIGHT as you know this horse a big fave of mine since last year.

Any unraced horses you waiting to see mine are below

HALL OF FAME
    FIELDS OF ATHNERY
    JOHN F KENNEDY
    SIR ISAAC NEWTON

Viewing 8 posts - 1,327 through 1,334 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.