The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,293 through 1,309 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

But Gord who you think will win?

This is a good 2000gns Darren,I always envisage the race in my head beforehand………. :?:………’Australia’ up there from the off,changing his legs in the dip,showing signs of greeness and the horse to take from the race in typical O’Brien style but win? No!
    ‘Kingman’ fighting early wont help,James trying to switch him off and losing valuable ground wont help,cutting through the pack late on will be his plan,if he is the horse he potentially looks then his class will get him out of trouble but could it all be a hard luck story in waiting?

War Command

,this is the fellow that blew my ‘Stubbs’ bet into submission,he won the Coventry/Dewhurst just like ‘Dawn approach’ did but thats where the comparison ends,this fellow is all speed and that has to be a doubt in a fast run Guineas over the Rowley mile,if he stays he wins but there’s the question?

Toormore

,he’s the key to this race as he’ll control the fractions,if he sets the pace like he did in the Craven he’ll test them all,he wont be stopping but will the ‘Wonderhorses’ have that extra gear this fellow lacks?? They will need it and I’m not convinced they have it so for me its

Toormore

but some will know that anyway! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I wouldn’t agree about Australia there as I could see him dropped in before staying on nicely in third or fourth and looking all over a Derby sort. He’s been slow out of the stalls on all his previous runs and I couldn’t see Joseph rushing him up with the pace if that happens again. The only doubt I have about my War Command bet is that there’s been no talk about him whatsoever. Australia Australia Australia all winter long. This is a no lose situation for Ballydoyle with him because if he wins he’s a wonder horse and if he stays on well at the finish like I think he will then his reputation remains intact and ‘he was always going to be a Derby horse’ etc…

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I wouldn’t agree about Australia there as I could see him dropped in before staying on nicely in third or fourth and looking all over a Derby sort. He’s been slow out of the stalls on all his previous runs and I couldn’t see Joseph rushing him up with the pace if that happens again. The only doubt I have about my War Command bet is that there’s been no talk about him whatsoever. Australia Australia Australia all winter long. This is a no lose situation for Ballydoyle with him because if he wins he’s a wonder horse and if he stays on well at the finish like I think he will then his reputation remains intact and ‘he was always going to be a Derby horse’ etc…

The question is Tommy do they want to win the Guineas with ‘Australia’,is he a ‘King of Kings’,’Footstepsinthesand’ and ‘Camelot’ rolled into one,to hear the whispers he is.I went to Newmarket the day ‘One cool Cat’ flopped and he was the best thing since sliced bread too.From what we’ve seen on a racecourse he’ll have run a blinder to finish in the first 3. 8/1 to do the Guineas/Derby double.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK stood tall last year and never flinched over laying off my 20/1 about

Dawn approach

for the Guineas and I wont be laying of my 2/1 about

Trading Leather

here at 4/6.I can tell just from looking that Jims horse has put on a good 10 kilo on over the winter and he’s filled out in all the right places,he should be 1/2 for this…………2/1 is Xmas……..A 3 lengths victory will keep my 20/1 warm for the King george. 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A 3 lengths victory will keep my 20/1 warm for the King george. 8)

A 3 lengths 3rd wont! It would be easy to say Kevin Manning rode that totally wrong……..But he did,Pathetic ride from a horse who can run from the front! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Just wrote the same in the big race discussion section.
    Lush Lashes revisited.
    Pether’s Moon ran well and looks like he’s put on in size could win a good race later in the year.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Oh dear the bubbles have burst here! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Not Richard Hannon’s…………… :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Not Richard Hannon’s…………… :D

Correct Nath,the winner won fair and square.As for Gosden blaming the split for ‘Kingmans’ defeat,it had no bearing on the result whatsoever.Well done all who backed the winner,40/1 was massive for a horse who got 20/1 quotes last year for beating ‘Stubbs’ at Doncaster! :roll:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord gutted over KINGMAN but pleased by run by AUSTRALIA this trainer 3yos always better on 2nd and 3rd runs of season and should go to Epsom odds on. do not see another contender for him.Western Hymm and TRUE STORY will not like epsom

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Strange race today IMO however I firmly believe Australia will take all the beating at Epsom, his OK run also augurs well for Tapestry tomorrow :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Strange race today IMO however I firmly believe Australia will take all the beating at Epsom, his OK run also augurs well for Tapestry tomorrow :-)

It certainly doesn’t reflect badly anyway Gary,’Australia’ has been given the kid glove treatment and its pretty obvious now that the Derby is his main objective not the Guineas.

Tapestry

however is a far more robust sort she’ll be spot on for tomorrow and defeat is out of the question…..Of course I’ll need all the luck in the world to collect! :wink:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

You wont agree but I believe apart from Bracelet who she should know all about the biggest danger is Miss France as I cannot see Lucky Christale getting home

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: the 500 looks a good race BUT if your fav trainer is confident of winning why run Night Fever too? For me, the interesting horse is Jordan Princess from the in form Cumani yard, there has been bits and bobs for her which is always a good sign, he could also have a good chance in the opener with Elhaame. The trouble is Mr Balding has runners today that both look good opportunities with young pretender Oisin looking to ride out his claim!! Good day ahead again I hope :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I haven’t had a penny on any other horse for the 1000gns this year other than

Tapestry

,I dont fear anything and I’ll be amazed if ‘Rizeena’ can confirm the Moyglare form over this stiff mile.Obviously I will be gutted if

Bracelet

does me so I’m having enough on for a small profit if she does beat her stable companion as we all know that is very likely given the stable she comes from.All things being equal I dont believe Team coolmore will have left much off ‘Tapestry’ for this as she looks every inch a miler who could progress to an Oaks filly,she doesn’t naturally look an Oaks sort unlike ‘Australia’ who definitely looked a Derby sort prior to his Guineas run.I’ve done enough talking about my filly who in my opinion looks like she’ll progress from 2-3yo so its her turn now.Still contemplating going,it would be a long drive back if she runs on into 4th place mind…….Negativeity from the King of Confidence creeping in?? 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tapestry

looks a picture,’Rizeena’ looks like a bloody colt but the filly that catches my eye in the paddock is ‘Joyeuse’ at 20/1 she is the e/w bet of the race.
    My filly is taking good money and thats always a good sign,it looks a tricky race on paper but in my simple head it looks straight forward……..

Tapestry

hits the front at the furlong pole and powers clear.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

She goes off Fav for the first time this year and thats serious money that made her that but the hoodoo of ‘Rumplestiltskin’ strikes again! :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,293 through 1,309 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.