The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,276 through 1,292 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I remember my main 2000gns Ante-Post voucher on

Stubbs

being blown away by

War Command

in last years Coventry and Bookmakers offering 10/1 about the winner,for whatever reason,most likely the accolades placed on

Australia

Aidens Royal Ascot winner was on offer at 20’s on the machine this week but if money talks and it does at this game then there’s only one Winner and thats

War command

,his form is in the book,’Australias’ miles away and for those who never took the 10/1 last June can do now incredibly for a horse who went on to win a Dewhurst too.I have to say I am getting the

Art Conneuisseur

feelings about

War Command

and can see him winning a Golden Jubilee myself.There’s no 40/1 this time though but 16/1 could prove generous.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord i think FIRST LIEUTENANT and SIMENON win today what you think of races today.

DON POLI
    CHELTENIAN
    RACE AND STATUS

Other bets today

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren I’m on

First Lieutenant

and

Very Wood

at Punchestowns and

Simenon

and

Levitate

at Ascot mate.Good Luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well those of us with long memories weren’t surprised to see

Boston bob

put 2 Grade 1 performances together but christ he’ll be 10yo in next years Gold cup and he still jumps round Cheltenham like an athlete whose laces are tied together.I’m just not convinced he likes the course.I backed him as usual in this years Ryanair and even though he was ridden poorly he never looked like picking up but since he’s fairly took off twice after the last.Can he beat

Holywell

next year? :?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Boston Bob would have been considered one of the best (if not THE best) Group 1 staying-chasers of the last couple of seasons if Ruby had ridden him his whole career, a case of what could have been.

The Mullins team may be able to claw back some of that lost potential next season, but oh my have they missed a trick or two with this fellow.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Boston Bob would have been considered one of the best (if not THE best) Group 1 staying-chasers of the last couple of seasons if Ruby had ridden him his whole career, a case of what could have been.

The Mullins team may be able to claw back some of that lost potential next season, but oh my have they missed a trick or two with this fellow.

I couldn’t agree with that at all. Paul Townend was the winning of the Moriarty on him last season and he gave the horse and exceptional ride to win at Aintree. The only race where you could criticize Townend is the RSA imo :?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy i think all of us and our cats were on BOSTON BOB in RSA here on theracingforum i was counting my winning before the last.

BALDER SUCCESS only bet today

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve been in this game for way too long but I’ll tell you this.Paul Townend rode

Boston bob

like an idiot in the RSA.What it clearly showed us all was that the horse had a burst of speed,he hasn’t always shown it but when he does like his last 2 runs then he is a Gold cup Winner in waiting.Shame Paul suffered from Premature ejaculation in the RSA,he definitely learned from it and thought of concrete Wellington boots before Coming at Aintree! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

How’s the heart ahead of Sunday Gord? I’m feeling jittery, funny how they always seem much more of a cert months in advance compared to as the day approaches eh? :roll:

You’re on ‘My Titania’ aren’t you Boz? She is

Tapestrys

big danger,I fear her more than ‘Rizeena’ but as is the case with every Ante-Post wager I have had in the past 30yrs my first thought is getting there,its a horrible feeling losing your bet so close to the event.If I lose in a Photo like I did with ‘MTOY’ twice now really it hurts but if my assessment of the calibre a horse achieves is right that keeps your confidence up,its all Luck if we win or lose but if my horses scale the heights I predict then I know my ability as a judge wont ever waiver.I knew

Shutthefrontdoor

never ran his race at Cheltenham others thought that was his level. :wink: I could write a book on the conclusions I come to about horses but I still assess them on a gut feeling too.I’m more bothered that statistically I back the winner of the Gold cup every 2nd year! :wink: I’m on

Tapestry

at 16/1 down so if she does run then I’m guaranteed a place all things being equal but I saw enough last year to tell me she will progress further than most.I might do a ‘Dawn approach’ and pop down at the last minute to lead her in,thats how TAPK works.Nerves me? Nah! :lol:

No pleasure from me knowing my main danger is out but my god I’m snaffling all the 10/1 with Hills e/w of course about my filly of the year

Tapestry

weaving her way through the 1000gns field on Sunday.I just hope she gets there now as its an insulting price not to collect from.If she goes off 10/1 on Sunday then Ginge is a better judge than me……….Yeh right! :lol:Get on Boz!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hi Gord, I know you’re a big Trading Leather fan so what do you think of his chances tomorrow? I’m going to try keep my Flat bets few and far between but have had 20 yoyos on him at 5/4. The ground should suit and on official ratings he’s well in. An excellent chance for him to get his season off to a winning start imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

It’s a long way to travel for just a day out, think they are their for the prize, nothing in the field gets close although Brass Ring is a bit of an unknown regards just how good he can be, beat Viewpoint despite a troubled passage and Viewpoint won well next time out but that sort of form is worth jack compared to TL’s group 1 stuff. The Appleby horse was 5th in the Arc but that and his only win were on soft ground. I do like Hannon’s horse but this is a step too far.

Trading Leather

Ground – tick
    distance – tick
    class horse of race by a fair bit – tick
    bolger – :|

Worth a few yoyo’s at 5/4 for anyone mate.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Yes Guys when you think of

Trading Leather

you think of your King,

Steve Caution

deserves a pat on the back too as he also got 16/1 about him winning last years Irish Derby,that lad has a bit of TAPK’s legendary foresight and I like that.Tomorrow should be a formality,I saw 9/4 a couple of weeks ago but got 2/1 to small stakes about tomorrows race,however I have 20/1 about this fellow winning the King george,that has to be his mid season target imo.He is ground dependant and the faster the better but I’m expecting to see a bigger stronger ‘Trading Leather’ tomorrow.It still hurts that my 50/1 vouchers for last years English Derby didn’t come to fruition as had he ran he’d have been placed at worse.Looking forward to a pretty hectic campaign from this fellow now he’s owned by Godolphin.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Dancing Brave

turned up at Newmarket on May 3rd 1986 as the 2/1 fav for the 2000gns,he had ran twice as a 2yo,once over the Rowley mile.He returned there for the Craven.Course and distance form is always a massive boost to ones decision making.I had made mine back on October 14th 1985 that Dancing Brave was a Guineas horse and that was around Sandowns mile.William Hills gave me 16/1 that day,the following day he was 14/1 after being laid to lose £20k,2 of those were mine!When he returned from his winter break it was pretty clear that his stable companion

Bakharoff

,top rated 2yo of 85 and a good 11lbs clear of my fellow was playing 2nd fiddle at home to ‘The Brave’,trouble with ‘Bakharoff’ was he had a awkward head carriage,not in the

Alphabatim

style who literally was looking between his legs when he ran but an off putting style.Dancing Brave moved with athleticism but we never saw that in the Craven as the ground was awful.Class however prevailed albeit in 1m 49secs…..That is slow.2 weeks later though on ground a little bit drier the Brave clocked 1m 40 secs in the big one,his turn of foot came to the fore that day.Very few Guineas winners win with a burst of speed like he had.I wonder if this

Kingman

is the new

Dancing Brave

?

Participant
    • Total Posts 819

Ahhh Alphabatim (2nd run as a 2yo I think, 3rd on debut), along with Jupiter Island (St Simons Stakes?) and a couple of others (damn you memory) was the first time me and my twin brother had a 5p lucky 15 up for £70+

We’d have been about 15 at the time, it beat doing a paper round!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Normal’ folk wake up on a Saturday morning and wonder what to do with their day,its just another Saturday to them.Those of us blessed with the gift of Horse Racing coursing our veins are buzzing,today is 2000gns day one of many highlights us fans of the Sport of Kings are priveliged to witness.This years renewal stands up to the title Classic.

Kingman

could be the new

Frankel

,he’ll never be a

Dancing Brave

as he lacks stamina,the biggest downside to this fellows chance is his Trainer,the negative John Gosden,had this been a Lincoln he would have pulled this fellow out and he hasn’t actually got a mile yet.Had

War command

proved himself over a mile he to me is the one to beat,he has gears and he’ll love the ground.

Australia

has had more hype than an Aussie travel agent gives Sydney as a place to visit,he will stay but speed could be lacking.

Toormore

has the C/D form for a Guineas,he wont be stopping but he wont have the natural speed of ‘Kingman’ and ‘War Command’ and thats what makes this years race a Classic.We could see a Group 1 miler Kingman, a Group 1 Derby horse Australia,a Group 1 Sprinter War command and a Group 1 1/14m horse in Toormore. Dont you feel sorry for ‘Normal’ folk………

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

But Gord who you think will win i like to see KINGMAN win with my Australia 2nd KINGMAN be nice ante post winner while AUSTRALIA will then be perfect for Epsom.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

It’s a long way to travel for just a day out, think they are their for the prize, nothing in the field gets close although Brass Ring is a bit of an unknown regards just how good he can be, beat Viewpoint despite a troubled passage and Viewpoint won well next time out but that sort of form is worth jack compared to TL’s group 1 stuff. The Appleby horse was 5th in the Arc but that and his only win were on soft ground. I do like Hannon’s horse but this is a step too far.

Trading Leather

Ground – tick
    distance – tick
    class horse of race by a fair bit – tick
    bolger – :|

Worth a few yoyo’s at 5/4 for anyone mate.

Yes Guys when you think of

Trading Leather

you think of your King,

Steve Caution

deserves a pat on the back too as he also got 16/1 about him winning last years Irish Derby,that lad has a bit of TAPK’s legendary foresight and I like that.Tomorrow should be a formality,I saw 9/4 a couple of weeks ago but got 2/1 to small stakes about tomorrows race,however I have 20/1 about this fellow winning the King george,that has to be his mid season target imo.He is ground dependant and the faster the better but I’m expecting to see a bigger stronger ‘Trading Leather’ tomorrow.It still hurts that my 50/1 vouchers for last years English Derby didn’t come to fruition as had he ran he’d have been placed at worse.Looking forward to a pretty hectic campaign from this fellow now he’s owned by Godolphin.

Thanks for the comments lads, glad I took the 5/4 now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,276 through 1,292 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.