The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

What race for Champagne Fever?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What race for Champagne Fever?

I’m totally convinced he’s a Jewson horse Gary,12/1 will do for me now ‘Un atout’ looks like being out for the season.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

That’s what I thought but Mullins worries me so have backed him for Arkle with Victor NRFB :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord did you see a race at Taunton could be a new superstar we saw today he is called IRVING he was impressive.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Very impressive indeed but didn’t beat much, showed great turn of foot though

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I saw this

Irving

but wont be rushing for any fancy prices about winning at the festival,I’ll bet money he’s beaten when he steps up to something like the ‘Steel Plate and sections’ race at Cheltenham at the ‘Pillar’ meeting! :wink:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Here we go with some ‘proper’ racing tomorrow :-)

Few that I have backed already:

Renard drops in trip and grade, could outclass this lot and happy with 9s as I can see PWise supporting him.

My best bet though is Whisper, lovely horse who jumps well and goes very well fresh, again 9s is fair and could also be PWise!!

Have taken a double of Standing Ovation and Balthazar King.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Here we go,this summer when I’m studying hard for an RSA type I narrowed it down to 2 horses,one who I think has everything to be a Gold cup horse in

Shutthefrontdoor

and the other who frightened the life out of me at Cheltenham against a banker of mine in ‘At Fishers Cross’.

African Gold

is built to be a chaser and in receipt of 5lb from my great white hope I can only hope lack of experience tells tomorrow.These 2 will cross paths in the RSA in March and tomorrow will tell us if TAPK has gone for the right one. Methinks so! 8) 3/1 is too big by the way.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was ‘Hoovering’ quite late last night,I’d done the bedrooms and stairs in the afternoon but Ladbrokes going 3/1 about my RSA horse for todays clash with the almost as exciting ‘African Gold’ was too much to resist,trouble was I’d had a couple of ‘shandys’ and got a bit carried away! :shock: Fingers crossed the race is as good as it looks on paper but to go 7/4 the Twister horse and 3/1 mine seemed the wrong way round to me!Still does now I’m sober.

Shutthefrontdoor

£50 e/w 25/1 Corals RSA.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord what you think of racing at weekend at Cheltenham and in Ireland and what impact will it have on rest of season.A shame that handicap plot COLOUR SQUADRON did not win he ran a cracker, Also where you think CHAMPAGNE FEVER run at festival as well any thoughts on betfair chase too.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’m even more convinced that the Jewson will suit Champagne Fever better but think Willie will wanna go for the Group 1!!

Hurricane Fly is without doubt there for the taking this season, going to be one helluva race this season, Jezki is my hope but MTOY would be a good winner :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’m even more convinced that the Jewson will suit Champagne Fever better but think Willie will wanna go for the Group 1!!

Jewson is a Grade 1 now I think GDC. I’d fancy Champagne Fever and Felix Yonger in either race, both look special.

He has Ballycasey too although he’s more of a stayer, on the RSA shortlist with Some Tikket and Bright New Dawn :)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Yer it is, I meant one of the higher profile races but fingers crossed they take this race :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Anyone heard from Gord? Is he away or maybe been kidnapped by the ginger whinger :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

I tried him on his landline this morning, no answer. I aint got no credit on the mobile and with so many birthdays as well as xmas coming up I refuse to get any. I’m sure he’s fine.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ok cheers

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Thanks for the concern guys but TAPK is still alive and kicking,trouble is I have made a Professional error of judgement and scheduled a ridiculous pre-Xmas work load.Having been in the building game for near on 25yrs I’m used to the highs and lows of business,I had the quietest January this year on record,however since August I have been inundated with work and being of the ‘Reap Hay while the sunshines’ philosophy I’ve taken on projects from building Extensions,Outhouses,Orangeries and conservatories to a complete Kitchen re-fit aswell as Soffit/Fascias and the usual Windows and doors.Lovely varied work but had I only the skills to depend on just one of the above I’d be out of work as I couldn’t depend on any of them solely to make a living, its simply a case of ‘Irons in the fire’ and an ever growing circle of customers.
    First thing I thought today though when I watched the ‘Betfair chase’ was how right Joe (Steeplechasing) was about ‘Cue Card’.He’s a tricky customer to get right (The horse that is) and Joe has seen something in this fellow I for one certainly didn’t.I’m not so confident ‘My Horse’

First Lieutenant

will avenge his ‘Ryanair’ defeat over 3m now. :shock:

Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.