The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 868 through 884 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Any thoughts on Triumph hurdle this ROYAL IRISH HUSSAR was much better on 2nd start than 1st race shock that O’Brein did not keep him with running horses over the jumps now.With Caplito coming out soon and a few intresting horses from Ireland like ORGILGO BAY won well on debut too.

If there’s one race I wouldn’t recommend as an Ante-Post investment its the Triumph hurdle mate,Nicky Henderson will have something lined up but if I could choose the perfect horse for it then its

Galileo Rock

………Cant see it though sadly!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was at Doncasters Lincoln meeting and was impressed with the look of

Educate

prior to the Spring Mile,his season has seen him rise from a mere 88 rated horse to a mark of 112 and thats because he was a fine physical specimen with plenty of scope,the Lincoln winner that day has just ‘franked’ the spring mile form,both races clocked virtually identical times and

Levitate

too has progressed consistently throughout the season albeit a mere 8lb rise for winning the first leg of the spring double.The horse who sandwiched the above 2 that March day was Jim Goldies

Jack Dexter

,he too loves to get his toe in and conditions are perfect for this little gutsy son of ‘Orientor’.I like ‘Eton Rifles’ but I’m sticking with ‘Jack’ at 4/1 as the form of that Doncaster day is doing just fine.
    Funnily enough I put up John Gosdens

Charm School

for the 09 November handicap on here having backed the same horse for the same years Lincoln,incredibly he does the same thing with

Lahaag

this afternoon and he too has to be backed at 10’s on the machine,I’m all over my fav trainers

Aiken

for this at 16’s though as he is just different class.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’m fancying Spinatrix and Lahaag for two singles and an each-way double today. I also backed the latter in the Lincoln. I have a feeling he needs soft ground as he has an ungainly action on faster going. We’ll see!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

No surprise that TAPK was at Nottingham the day the Duke of Roxburghes incredibly well bred

Cushion

tried to break her maiden for the 3rd time last year,she hasn’t set the world alight since but I’m expecting this very slow developer to shine today at 5/1 at Doncaster.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There’s train of thought to gambling and there’s definitely a pattern to ones confidence,todays results are falling into place to suggest my thought process is in order for a tilt at this November handicap and in

Aiken

I think I’ve got a sporting chance of at least 5th place from a horse who excels in a bog and who gets 2 miles easily.Imo this fellow who’s admittedly run like a pig this term has enough historical form to suggest he’s not here for nothing, at 16/1 a repeat of chasing home a Gold cup winner will do for slogging this handicap out.

Aiken

£100 e/w 16/1 Bet 365 November handicap.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

A fantastic Melbourne Cup ruined by a shocking commentator,the biggest non-trier of the year

Mount Athos

gets another sh*t ride,Craig williams rushing him up like Arazi with still 6f to go helped his cause none!

Dandino

ran a blinder but should really have been 3rd,

Simenon

ran a blinder and had me hoarse cheering him on,no complaints there.

Red Cadeaux

???What can you say about him? 60/1 was an insult to him though and the Winner

Fiorente

? Deserved it.Notice how the first 5 are all British? 5/2 was a gift as those Aussies cant lace our boots when it comes to Horse Racing,even round a dog track!! :roll:

Once a big mouthed idiot always a big mouthed idiot :wink: Why not come out and say the best trained horse won 8)

• Total Posts 15019

Gord,

that’s you been called a d1ck, and an idiot in the last fortnight alone………..as well as a few other names in the not too distant past.

They can’t all be wrong, surely???

I’m just saying :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

I think what they are trying to say is that Gordon is a moron.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gordon+is+a+moron&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=4D6182DB890B5EDA00BE4D6182DB890B5EDA00BE

But they are just wankers…… :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nkqfa-kaRFM

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i like to take you down to memory lane you remember in 2010 i asked you on a horse called CONDUCT. i remember you saying someyhing like he need to win again to be a november handicap horse. i think it was in Kingfisher thread am sure you could find it :) i did not have a bean on him on saturday but after what horse had so many injuries very nice to see he won.

Any thoughts on greatwood i like ROLLING STAR and FLAXEN FLARE.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord,

that’s you been called a d1ck, and an idiot in the last fortnight alone………..as well as a few other names in the not too distant past.

They can’t all be wrong, surely???

I’m just saying :D

Thats positively tame Bob.I’m used to being called a ‘****** ******’,a ‘Knob Jockey’ a ‘Right Prick’, a ‘Scottish T*at’, an ‘English Poof’ a ‘**** and a half’ a ‘Big headed B*stard’ just to name a few………I love it! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i like to take you down to memory lane you remember in 2010 i asked you on a horse called CONDUCT. i remember you saying someyhing like he need to win again to be a november handicap horse. i think it was in Kingfisher thread am sure you could find it :)

Nah It would take a genius to say

Conduct

was a November Handicap horse back then Darren,he’d only ran twice for goodness sake! You must be confusing me with a ‘Legend’ mate! 8)

The Greatwood? Well I’d give

Pine Creek

a big shout at 6/1 at the weights myself.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Yeah gord but if i did not bring up i don’t think you mention it mate :lol:

Also with Hendo stable tour any thoughts on there novice chasers i like this WHISPER i do this CLOSE TOUCH will need bad ground

Also you think RULE THE WORLD could be a world hurdle horse this year

And i like TOUR DES CHAMPS and MERRY KING for the welsh national any thoughts on this race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I think what they are trying to say is that Gordon is a moron.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gordon+is+a+moron&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=4D6182DB890B5EDA00BE4D6182DB890B5EDA00BE

You wouldn’t believe the abuse I got at School over that bloody song Nath.Worse thing was I’d just started a New School in Nottingham having moved from the Kingdom of Fife so the Several so called bullies at the time thought it was funny singing ‘Gordon is a Moron’ at the top of their voices,after about 3 weeks of constant barracking from them,I said to each one quietly not to sing it again as I was getting fed up with the ‘Just cos he’s better lookin than you,just cos he’s cool and trendy’ response I made everytime they chirped up,alas No they kept it up so the big F*cker who loved to march down the wooden corridors of our school with his metal (Blakey) segs nailed in his leather soled shoes got one punch in the throat and he went down like an inflatable doll with a puncture,his right hand man,’Dobson’ he was called thought he was ‘Gripper’ from Grange Hill decided to help his pal but I again only touched him once,right on the shin and he goes down like a Manchester Utd Striker crying like a Baby,the 3rd one, I swear left a smell like he’d s*it himself and was all apologetic,I had been practicing doing Axe Kicks on my Giko Bag at the time and thought about trying it out on old numpty draws but instead I told him to bring me a bag of American hard Gums in the following morning………Then every week I was there till I left.I still love that song Nath! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I am naturally modest by nature Darren!! :lol: I have left a trail of Golden nuggets in numerous threads over the years mate but hey I dont like raking them all up just to inflate my already slightly inflated ego! :o

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I think he has every chance of being in the shake up Darren. I’d be sending him for the RSA, a racing certainty there he’d be, but Mouse must think he can take high rank among the staying hurdlers this year. He’s double the price he should be at 20/1. Another Irish hurdler who’s been somewhat forgotten is Monksland, although I’d be less keen on him.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord any thoughts on my questions as well.

Tommy i agree with you on RULE THE WORLD stays fit i think he win gold cup in next 2 to 3years top horse he be over fences.Think with injury he had they staying over hurdles

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Also with Hendo stable tour any thoughts on there novice chasers i like this WHISPER i do this CLOSE TOUCH will need bad ground

And i like TOUR DES CHAMPS and MERRY KING for the welsh national any thoughts on this race.

I do think

Rule the world

could be a Staying hurdler Darren but I’d rather see him Novice Chasing,like Tommy says he’s a Gold Cup horse for the future though.As for the Welsh National,I wouldn’t write off

Same difference

just yet.

Viewing 17 posts - 868 through 884 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.