The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You cant always blame Luck for losing at this game,stupidity and being a ****** dick has cost me today,

Harry Topper

was another novice I held in high regard last season and his form through

Houblon des Obeaux

only confirms that and yet I never gave either a look in,whats worse is when I type both names into the search engine on here I have to read my high opinions of both on my Kings Ransom thread and cringe.Ah well thats Racing its great when you’re winning and Sh*t when you’re not! Thank goodness for the likes of

Tidal Bay

,one good things come out of a poor day! :oops:
    Of course there’s still

Cristoforo Colombo

to come tonight at half eleven,16/1 is massive about a horse who for the first time this year gets the trip and ground he was bred for….. 8)

roonaldo
    • Total Posts 87

TAPK. You have acknowledged your are a Stupid F*uckin Dick. I agree. Now you have acknowledged the fact we can make some progress.

Lets all lump on Stonebrook and get rich together. Peace my friend.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK. You have acknowledged your are a Stupid F*uckin Dick. I agree. Now you have acknowledged the fact we can make some progress.

Lets all lump on Stonebrook and get rich together. Peace my friend.

Very good Roonaldo,I like that! :lol: Just remember though I’m a legendary ****** Dick who’s record is a foot long too! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This is the first year I am actually looking forward to the Melbourne cup,its really the fact that

Simenon

has got a place in the line up and to me he is a proper Gold cup horse so if he cant beat these Aussie handicappers I’ll be dissapointed.Of course my Leger horse is also running,

Seville

and he again has form in the book good enough to beat these dam Aussie types,throw in

Dandino

a horse I think actually ticks every box and the biggest Non-trier of the season in

Mount Athos

and we have a helluva team.I have backed all 4 at double figure prices and have dyed my hair Ginger just for the occassion.Cant wait its gonna be a cracker!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: I did comment ‘oh flip’ or summat like that when I saw Houblon had won but as I’m in Sharm lazing on my subbed in 32• I didn’t moan too much BUT come on Simenon and Dandino :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord my bets in Melbourne cup are

SEVILLE
    MASKED MARVEL

Also when you look at this race there are 4 horses from the leger that MM won with Brown Panther and SEA MOON the worst ride i ever saw was Peslier that day 20/1 ap on SEA MOON was on :x not even saver on the marvel put smile on my face.

Any thoughts on INVICTUS for hennesey any bets on paddy power gold cup and greatwood hurdle too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord: I did comment ‘oh flip’ or summat like that when I saw Houblon had won but as I’m in Sharm lazing on my subbed in 32• I didn’t moan too much BUT come on Simenon and Dandino :-)

Enjoy Gary,it beats Catterick Garrison on a Rainy day for sure! We’ll get ‘Houblon’ right yet! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord my bets in Melbourne cup are

SEVILLE
    MASKED MARVEL

Also when you look at this race there are 4 horses from the leger that MM won with Brown Panther and SEA MOON the worst ride i ever saw was Peslier that day 20/1 ap on SEA MOON was on :x not even saver on the marvel put smile on my face.

Any thoughts on INVICTUS for hennesey any bets on paddy power gold cup and greatwood hurdle too.

Yes Darren I’d have no complaints if our old pal

Masked Marvel

won too but christ I couldn’t do a Ginge and back them all as it takes away any credibility of finding the winner!

Invictus

is one of yours mate and his Ascot victory speaks volumes about his ability but I’m just not sure about him being a Hennessey horse,

Hadrians Approach

still struggles with his jumping I saw today and that wont do him any favours either.

Same difference

attacked his fences……No he threw himself at them at Ascot the other day and that was dissapointing!

Unioniste

ran creditibly but again didn’t exactly jump off the page.The Hennessey is proving tricky!!
    As for the Paddy Power…….

Captain Conan

,should he run!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A fantastic Melbourne Cup ruined by a shocking commentator,the biggest non-trier of the year

Mount Athos

gets another sh*t ride,Craig williams rushing him up like Arazi with still 6f to go helped his cause none!

Dandino

ran a blinder but should really have been 3rd,

Simenon

ran a blinder and had me hoarse cheering him on,no complaints there.

Red Cadeaux

???What can you say about him? 60/1 was an insult to him though and the Winner

Fiorente

? Deserved it.Notice how the first 5 are all British? 5/2 was a gift as those Aussies cant lace our boots when it comes to Horse Racing,even round a dog track!! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Has Simenon been moved from Mullins’ yard Gord? :P

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Very happy with excellent place money on Simenon and turning in thought Hughesey had them all covered! Dandino came from too far back but I’d be interested in Brown Panther next year :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i remember ALDERWOOD was a handicap plot in grand Annual could you see the same thing happening with COLOUR SQUADRON in terms of winning paddy power chase. this horse will win a big handicap it could be this one.Also RADJHANI EXPRESS is my main bet in the race he is.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Bloody hope not Tommy,I’ve backed him for next years Ascot Gold cup.Why do you ask? :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i remember ALDERWOOD was a handicap plot in grand Annual could you see the same thing happening with COLOUR SQUADRON in terms of winning paddy power chase. this horse will win a big handicap it could be this one.Also RADJHANI EXPRESS is my main bet in the race he is.

Ah

Alderwood

Darren,another one of ‘our’ Ante-Post coups from Cheltenham,that was one of those races where I just felt if he jumped he won,I could picture just how that race would unfold weeks before the event as the horse had ‘Plot’ written all over it…..Well that was until

Kid Cassidy

also showed his true colours and took a bit more shaking off than I had expected.I agree about

Colour Squadron

there’s talent there its just getting him to show it,a change of scenery/tactics required methinks.

Radjhani Express

does have form in the book,on a line through

Tap night

he has the beating of my fellow but I’ll take the

Changing Times

form more literally and stick to

Captain Conan

.I expect big things from him this year.
    November handicap Darren???……

Aiken

12/1 is different class!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord with jumps season here now not that in to flat racing in UK i watch and bet in group races in Australia,Breeders cup and Hong Kong up soon.But in terms of end of season races in UK get funny results you do but good luck with Aiken

Any thoughts on Triumph hurdle this ROYAL IRISH HUSSAR was much better on 2nd start than 1st race shock that O’Brein did not keep him with running horses over the jumps now.With Caplito coming out soon and a few intresting horses from Ireland like ORGILGO BAY won well on debut too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Bloody hope not Tommy,I’ve backed him for next years Ascot Gold cup.Why do you ask? :shock:

Just pulling your leg Gord, seen as you referred to him as British :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just pulling your leg Gord, seen as you referred to him as British :lol:

You B*stard Tommy,I very nearly phoned the yard just to ask if he was staying in Australia as I couldn’t source any info on the net……….Panic over! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 851 through 867 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.