The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 800 through 816 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Steve this Dawn Approach had a long break not been racing every month also may be last race of carear too so Bolger want him to go out on a high.

Gord did you see MARVELOUS last week at navan nice breeding she got won maiden and 2nd looks good too.

JACK DEXTER in champions sprint as well

And gord i forget to ask you any thoughts on Kingston hall and winner of the rockfell as well both nice horses.

Yes I saw

Marvellous

Darren but dont go backing her for the Oaks as she has serious stamina doubts on the dams side,the only filly you need to think about is

Tapestry,Tapestry and Tapestry

she is my 1000gns filly and I wouldn’t swap her for anything.As for the colts??? bloody wide open that department,your

Australia

should have stepped up to Group 1 company this year and that concerns me,although Aiden has a horrible knack of cocking his horses up by his race planning at times.I would still like to see him in the Racing Post trophy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Hi Gord. I got your message. Sorry I couldn’t get to the phone but I was tied up(bloody kinky woman). anyway the answer to your query is that I will be going 100%. Wouldn’t miss it for the world. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Did you see racing in ireland today gord i see Tommy’s fave horse won big race i know you two talk a bit about him i was impressed by ART OF LOGSTICS

Also will you be laying any horses at Ascot like Estimate CDA and you not be laying DAWN APPROACH would you.

And gord when you look at entries for racingpost trophy i do not think it be a group one race.When you think AUSTRALIA
    INDIAN MAHARAJA,GEOFFREY CHAUNCER are out of the race though the winner may be CENTURY who won at weekend.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

I hope you got on Toner D’oudairies Gord? I can’t believe i went against him(Backed RDM) :evil: Always thought there was a big day in this boy and unfortunately i miss backing it although i think he could still progress now Gordon’s upped him in trip as that could be the key :wink: In saying that 4 wins out of his last 5 runs is nothing to be sneezed at.

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Sizing Symphony goes tomorrow at Cheltenham and i think has a great chance of going well if he gets good ground,jumped beautiful in his 1st chase on good/firm before slightly disappointing at Listowel when looking then winner with 2 to go but got out battled By Toner D’ and Ancient days on ground he probably didn’t enjoy and slowed his jumping a bit, i think come tomorrow evening the 11/2 could look a big price 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I hope you got on Toner D’oudairies Gord?

Anyone who reads my legendary thread will know I have followed both

Toner D’oudaries

and

First Lieutenant

all their careers, 10’s about the former and evens about the latter wasa available.I rate the former a ‘Ryanair’ type and the latter a proper Gold Cup horse,I knew Mouse’s horse was as fat as a Pig and that Gordons lad was 100% fit for today,I never gave the other Gigginstown horse a chance! :oops: So what did I do? I was hoping the odds-on fav would get beat and his Gold cup price drift,not quite but at least 16’s is still available.So I backed ‘Toner d’oudaries’ then???????? NOPE!! :oops: :oops: I just watched it with the nagging doubt that it doesn’t matter that my No 1 Gigginstown horse is rated 30lb better than the winner when he’s not fit!! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Did you see racing in ireland today gord i see Tommy’s fave horse won big race

Bloody Toner! I can never get him right, I thought he was a good thing for a handicap chase at Cheltenham in March but he was so well handicapped he didn’t get in! Then he couldn’t even win an average beginners’ in Thurles :roll:

I was Roi Du Mee who ran his usual game race but was just ran out of it in the finish. It remains to be seen whether Toner improved or Roi Du Mee was below par.

First Lieutenant was worth taking on given his history of below par seasonal reappearances. He cruised around but ran out of the steam after the last. I’d say connections were happy enough with him. If I owned hi I think I’d aim him at the King George.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

First Lieutenant was worth taking on given his history of below par seasonal reappearances. He cruised around but ran out of the steam after the last. I’d say connections were happy enough with him. If I owned hi I think I’d aim him at the King George.

Tommy, old Joe known as

Steeplechasing

is sh*ttin bricks at the thought of

First Lieutenant

taking on his

Cue Card

in the King george,a trip that will suit my fellow better than his! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

:lol: If either of the Gigginstown pair were sent for the King George I’d be all over them!

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I’d take the 16s for

Sir Des Champs

any day over over the 10s on offer for Joe’s lad. Should Willie send him, which is not beyond the realms of possibility given he’s planning on more British raids this year, he’d be

nowhere near

that! He’s the more likely to make the trip over imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’d take the 16s for

Sir Des Champs

any day over over the 10s on offer for Joe’s lad. Should Willie send him, which is not beyond the realms of possibility given he’s planning on more British raids this year, he’d be

nowhere near

that! He’s the more likely to make the trip over imo.

If he runs he’s (as Gord like to put it) a racing certainty :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Mouse has obviously got an early target for

First Lieutenant

to shake the cobwebs off halfway through October.The tricky bit is establishing what that is? Another tilt at the Hennessey at Newbury? Or a trip there followed by Kempton,I reckon the Mouse has ideas about a sorte over here and am tempted with the 25/1 about his horses King george chances myself.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’d assume he’ll go to Down Royal again as he did last year, all being well? Last year they mentioned the Charlie Hall as an alternative so he’ll probably go wherever the better ground is.

Keep an eye on a horse called

Akorakor

Gord. He was with Gordon Elliott last year and has been moved to Mouse, entered in a maiden hurdle at Cork on Sunday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I certainly will Tommy and you keep an eye out for

Shutthefrontdoor

,he’s a chaser in the making,a Grade 1 player too.

Dawn approach

,there’s a name eh? everytime anyone thinks of him they automatically think of me,its called word association something those of us who study Human psychology will know all too well.9/4 he is for tomorrows big race and thats generous,he’s an emphatic 2000 gns winner who would appear to have everything in his favour for tomorrow,I’m on for old times sake anyway.I have to give ‘Olympic Glory’ a shout too as he was always my 3rd best 2yo.As for this

Soft Falling rain

??……..Not a prayer of beating these 2 proper 3yo’s.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Group One Johnny – The King of Ascot!!

Got to live him, hope he gets a double or at least one placed in next 3 races :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Get in Johnny :-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Gord i think

DAWN APPROACH

a cert this week he is any other bets at Ascot.

I can’t have him at 2/1 darren

. He’s had a busy season and a couple of setbacks, plus the Bolger stable isn’t exactly in great fettle.

I probably won’t bet this weekend but if I had to I’d try a couple of quid on

Slade Power at 15/2

. He didn’t run great at Ascot on two previous occasions but reared in stalls/slowly away and his other poor performance also came when rearing and slowly away. Outside of those runs he has always placed or won. Maarek is 11/4 and short enough. He won on Arc day but hasn’t really convinced me he is truly good enough to warrant going off so short, despite the fact that the ground will likely be what he loves. If Slade Power doesn’t muff the start again I’m hopeful he can at least be placed and offer a little better value than Maarek in a race not exactly packed with horses who warrant the group two status it holds. Good luck.

One to lay and one to back. 2 for 2. This racing malarkey is a piece of P155 :D

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 17 posts - 800 through 816 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.