The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Whilst others sleep TAPK is usually up to something,mostly watching racing videos and generally studying………….for Cheltenham.Last evening I was watching 2 of my old July Cup winners performing though,

Stravinsky

and

Mozart

both had run over further previously but excelled dropped back to 6 furlongs.Those who read this judges work will know exactly whats coming……..

Cristoforo Colombo

! Yep,market forces are telling me this fellows ready to show just why I rated him as my 2nd best 2yo and granted fast ground he’ll put it down to the rapid ‘Lethal Force’ in Saturdays Sprint Cup at Haydock,I’ve snaffled the 20/1 with Corals and the 17’s on the machine and just hope the weather doesn’t turn now! :roll:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’m sticking with skeletor and have stayed loyal to Society Rock :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

As you know I am not one for mid week racing but one of my old favourites runs tomorrow and is back down to a winnable mark, Piscean in the 750 Lingfield needs a small field, fast ground and a pace to chase, the hardest thing nowadays is keeping him interested during the race!! 25s was too big with 365 and I don’t think he will drift

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My ‘Different Approach’ stance to betting on here is simple really,instead of chucking the odd score or 2 on everyday average horses I now top up my Ante-Post wagers,usually via Betfair.My Ante-Post portfolio is as busy as usual and horses like

Boston Bob

and

First Lieutenant

keep getting a fiver and tenner every week for the Gold cup.

Same Difference

is my Hennessey horse and he will return a 4 figure profit all being well.

Stubbs

is my 2000gns number 1 closely followed by

Berkshire

and

Tapestry

is the one for the 1000gns.My fav race of the year is the ‘Supreme’Nov hurdle and again I’m on 2 horses,

Tiger Cliff

and

Regal Encore

,the Jewson sees

Un Atout

as my long range fancy and the Champion hurdle has a 33/1 voucher with

My Tent or Yours

waiting to collect on it which incidentally is the biggest certainty of the year if he turns up.

Flintshire

is my Arc horse and I cant oppose him so there’s lots to look forward too.I’ll tell you now though, this false fav

Our Conor

wont be winning the Champion hurdle,Enough said!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord who wins derby next year then mate you still not give us this 3yo by sea the stars yet.

Also did you see my point on Gosden in terms of winning 2000 guineas as well.

Is BERKSHIRE a guineas or derby horse too heard people say could win both.I feel AUSTRALIA still be main derby bet for me he is

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Gord who wins derby next year then mate you still not give us this 3yo by sea the stars yet.

Is BERKSHIRE a guineas or derby horse too heard people say could win both.I feel AUSTRALIA still be main derby bet for me he is

Australia is entered against Free Eagle this Saturday Darren, with Kingfisher and Wexford Town also among the entries. What are your thoughts on Free Eagle?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There’s a good half dozen

Sea the Stars

I could mention Darren but I’ll give you a couple to keep an eye out for called

Wild at Sea

, and

Stars so bright

! :wink:
    Now next years Derby winner,I wasn’t going to say too much about the Derby as there’s a helluva lot of unraced 2yo’s to come but the forgotten horse this year is

Stubbs

,he’s a proper horse this fellow and anything he did over 5-6f was just letting the fizz out of him,we wont see the real horse until he’s stepped up considerably in trip.When he runs over a mile we’ll see the real deal and then we’ll see him stepped up to the trip he’s bred for and thats 11/2m.For a horse with such a strong stamina index and ‘Danehill Dancers’ are freaks of breeding,’Choisir’ a flying machine and ‘Forgotten Voice’ a 2 miler,then of course there’s the class horse

Mastercraftsman

,so I’m pretty excited still about my fellow.Incidentally if you look at Betfairs Derby market you’ll see that the 120’s have gone………..To me, but what do you expect from your King Darren!! :lol:

Berkshire

could easily be both too Darren,he’s a bit special aswell mate.
    As for ‘Australia’??………You know if I say he’s got No chance,he’s lost………I’m saying nothing for now mate! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have to give a mention to my all time fav 2m Champion chaser

Direct Route

who sadly passed away today at 22yo. We all remember the day he was bloody robbed of a Queen Mother Champion Chase by the equally tough ‘Edredon Bleu’,jumping the last I was convinced Norman Williamson would get him home,he would have traded long odds-on coming to the last such was the way this fellow travelled.His highlight for me was winning the ‘Maghull Nov chase’ at Aintree under the coolest ride from Paul Carberry who suited this horses style of running,again he would have been odds-on that day in running such was the ease he sauntered round Aintree.Unfortunately Cheltenham wasn’t his course and neither was racing against ‘Flagship Uberalles’ who was definitley his adversary.I loved him and even though I never really won anything from following him he was just took one of those horses I too! RIP Pal.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Tommy this FREE EAGLE looks a top class horse but i do not think he win derby would not shock me if he gets a different owner by the time derby comes round too.

Hope AUSTRALIA runs this week at a 1m best trip for him at 2yo and then either go to Doncaster then put away for 3yo carear. with a derby trail in ireland ready for Epsom i told AOB what to do now wonder if he listen :lol:

Also gord any thoughts on racing in ireland this week is it irish champion stakes this week with THE FUGUE vs Declration of war and TRADING LEATHER. do you guys think Gosden can get a group one double in Ireland with ELUSIVE KATE too.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’d hold those Irish Champ bets for a while Darren. They are now forecasting 25 inches of rain in Fri night/Sat! Could bring Al K and CDA back into contention and scupper DOW, TF and TL!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I’d hold those Irish Champ bets for a while Darren. They are now forecasting 25 inches of rain in Fri night/Sat! Could bring Al K and CDA back into contention and scupper DOW, TF and TL!

Wise words Joni.
    Taking in to account value… I’d be more interested in backing AK if he runs (whatever the ground) and TF only on a sound surface. Both the Gosden filly and Bolger colt have such top-of-the-ground actions, suspect neither will run on softer than good.

Value Is Everything
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I wonder if Camelot’s going to murder ’em all, whatever the going.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Whilst others sleep TAPK is usually up to something,mostly watching racing videos and generally studying………….for Cheltenham.Last evening I was watching 2 of my old July Cup winners performing though,

Stravinsky

and

Mozart

both had run over further previously but excelled dropped back to 6 furlongs.Those who read this judges work will know exactly whats coming……..

Cristoforo Colombo

! Yep,market forces are telling me this fellows ready to show just why I rated him as my 2nd best 2yo and granted fast ground he’ll put it down to the rapid ‘Lethal Force’ in Saturdays Sprint Cup at Haydock,I’ve snaffled the 20/1 with Corals and the 17’s on the machine and just hope the weather doesn’t turn now! :roll:

I’m keen on Cristoforo Colombo, too, Gordon, in the light of the very high speed figure (110) that he returned over 6f as a 2yr old, beaten just a length by Dawn Approach at Ascot in only his second race.

It seems likely to me that those Group 1s would have taken a lot out of Lethal Force; maybe too much. Especially against Moonlight Cloud. Seems Cirrus is not the same horse, after chasing Frankel home.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

On SLADE POWER at 8/1 at weekend

And i already bet on TRADING LEATHER so i do a reverse rain dance i will do a dance to make sure rain stay at weekend.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Judge N Jury 205 EW at 20s, Intense Pink 350 EW at 66s, Passator 315 win 9/2 and unusually for me Montiridge 240 at 6/4 only Tawhid to beat

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Incidentally, Soul, who they’ve bet large on lately, is a heavy ground flyer. And he’s no means sprinter, period.

Also, on the strength of Mordin’s write-up on Ernest Hemmingway last October, I believe, if he runs in the Melbourne Cup, I’ll want something on him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Evening chaps.

Rarely punt on the flat but there’s a 2 year old called Riverboat Springs that runs at Haydock tomorrow. To my eye he’s crying out for this extended trip. I’ve just grabbed the 6/1 with bet365 and I’m saying he won’t be far away.

Thoughts?!

Viewing 17 posts - 630 through 646 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.