The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

GDC,………..Thankfully I know the difference between the ‘Nunthorpe’ and the ‘Gimcrack’!!! :shock: :shock: Well done mate!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyone who saw ‘Harris Tweed’ slaughter

Camborne

at Goodwood the other week will think I’m mad backing the runner-up to reverse the form but I have as I like ‘Camborne’ a lot and I reckon he wont give the winner quite so much rope this time.Oh lets not forget the horse being trained with one race in mind and thats the Melbourne Cup,I still think he’s the lay of the day that ‘Mount Athos’!

Camborne

£100 win 5/1 Bet365 4,40pm Goodwood

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

That was very nearly one of those posts you wish you never wrote but hey ‘Thats Racing’ and even though Richard Hughes threw the kitchen sink at the runner-up he couldn’t quite get up,mind you had George Baker actually threw anything at the winner he’d have won a bit more comfortably than he did………..Camborne lost his race at the start then lost it again 5 out when he dropped himself out,Not as genuine as I’d like that fellow.Laid the runner-up at 6/4 in running and TAPK’s 100% Lays are still intact,only just mind!! :oops:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Sorry, I was rushing! Nice sort as is the 2yo that won 425!

Glad Redcar was abandoned coz they were gonna run! Need the rain to sod off lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gary you have some very good sources and I appreciate you sharing the information with me.I have an interesting story to share and I dont mind sharing it publicly but as you are aware I have been virtually living in Newark Marina for the past 2 months helping my brother refurbish his Dutch barge,in that time we have met some very interesting people,those who develop boats for re-sale,those who live their lives on the water and many a Lorry driver who cargo these finished projects all over Britain,Ireland and Europe,one particular guy comes over from France and tells me he has good connections in the Fabre yard,he apparently drives for the genius that is Andre now and then but delivers boats and barges to Beaumont sur soise,near Chantilly,he tells me in his best English that

Flintshire

is the best horse he’s trained! Of course me being me had to suss this guy out a bit before deciding his info was legit so I asked him what he thought himself was Andre’s best horse prior to this fellow and quick as a flash he said

Peintre Celebre

!!
    This guys legit so off I go and snaffle all the 6.8 on the machine for the Arc! 8)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Nice one, this is the first in many years that I have no fancy for the Arc so I shall also jump aboard :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Whose ‘your’ Sumpreme horse for 2014 Gord? Think Tiger Cliff is worth a dabble at 20’s?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord you missed my last 2 posts you did so hope you reply back

And i add this one too from arkle betting i do not see any superstars there what you think.Unless ANNIE POWER goes chasing heard no news on her future targets yet but in terms of top 2m chasers not many stars.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

AndrewBaldings at Epsom in doubles and EW trebles, Hipster must go close in last and an outsider EW is Amazing Blue Sky in last at Ripon :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

So near lol 2 winners, 2 beaten short heads!! One to run :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Whose ‘your’ Sumpreme horse for 2014 Gord? Think Tiger Cliff is worth a dabble at 20’s?

There’s a lot of talk of ‘First Mohican’ going the ‘Supreme’ route Pants but he is very ground dependant,he doesn’t have the same ‘look’ as

Tiger cliff

either,I would put this fellow at the head of the market myself,as much as ‘Briars Hill’ looks to have the Bumper/Supreme form in the bag I am convinced he wants further so wouldn’t suggest an Ante-Post wager on the Mullins horse.

Regal Encore

is definitely my horse to take from the Bumper and he could be anything as could the Henderson horse

Welsh wizard

. ‘Golantilla’ looks a bit of a bridle horse to me so I’m discounting him from the equation.I have taken the 50’s about Henry Ponsonbys fellow so I’m a player already,what we’ll get all winter though is he could be a Champion hurdler too!! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

So near lol 2 winners, 2 beaten short heads!! One to run :-)

Good effort Gary.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord you missed my last 2 posts you did so hope you reply back

And i add this one too from arkle betting i do not see any superstars there what you think.Unless ANNIE POWER goes chasing heard no news on her future targets yet but in terms of top 2m chasers not many stars.

Darren my ‘Cambridgeshire’ horse was

Nabucco

,he looked tailor-made for it but Johnny G obviously doesn’t think so!! :twisted:I have backed nothing else for the race yet though. I hope

Smoothtalkinrascal

goes to Ayr as he looks the ideal Gold/Silver cup sort.As for the ‘Cesarewitch’,it has to be

Tiger cliff

. ‘Annie Power’ will be the new ‘Quevega’ methinks!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

All horses 2nd or better, sadly not enough winners despite being beaten less than a length !! Good return but could have been very nice indeed :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord my horse for Cesarewitch is DOMINATION 14/1 won at 3m over jumps but also won trail race last year at Newmarket. if ground stays fast he be a big danger to the tiger.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Cockney Sparrow is one to follow over hurdles this season, did us very proud at Aintree last year, got to be upped in class

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Being the King of Ante-Post betting and horseflesh judge extroadinaire I look forward to seeing the current Fav for next years 1000gns deposed this weekend in the ‘Moyglare’ at the Curragh.This ‘Kiyoshi’ currently trades at around the 6/1 mark for mext years Classic,only 5/1 with Ladbrokes,that will all change on Sunday.Not only will

Tapestry

prove to be a proper Guineas filly,my only bet on the race at 16/1 but I see the filly I have been waiting for all year to run is still entered and she’s still unraced and thats ‘Dawn approaches’ full sister

Prudent Approach

.For her just to be entered at this stage tells me enough so its time to grab the 33/1.

Prudent Approach

£50 e/w 33/1 Bet365 1000gns 2014.

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.