The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 579 through 595 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Nath I’ve backed

Toronado

at Evs in a match with

Al Kazeem

at 4/5 so it has no bearing on

Trading Leather

beating both!! :lol: :lol: Seriously though I’ve taken 9’s on the machine about my Irish horse winning over what I see as an inadequate trip,I’d make him a good thing for the St Leger still and knowing old Jim he’d still surprise us by supplementing him late on!
    Your fellow is 7/4 with BetFred and he will laugh at ‘Al Kazeem’ who is one lucky triple Group 1 winner.Bookmakers are seriously under-estimating just how good some of the 3yo’s are this year to make ‘Al Kazeem’ fav.Some of us are quite aware just what the industry rake in by dangling ‘False Favs’ out there like a Carrot for the Red chalk brigade.What will make this clash all the more interesting is that

Trading Leather

will set the fractions,good ones and both James Doyle and Dickie Hughes will be playing Cat and Mouse.The problem playing games like that is giving the leader too much rope! :wink: Nath you know when TAPK says one short priced fav will get beat it will…………Fill your boots in a match bet mate! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Charlton has been saying all summer the horse is in need of a bit of cut which ain’t going to be the case tomorrow, whereas the ground is ideal for both Trading Leather and Toronado. Where’s this match bet priced up, Gord?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i am on TRADING LEATHER tomorrow think he win

Think TELESCOPE will as well but not backing him this be right trip and normally on a 2nd start after horses suffer the bounce factor. might be why he lost last time as well.He be a very good older horse too.

SWISS SPRIT in the nunthorpe not on anything in ebor wait for on the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Charlton has been saying all summer the horse is in need of a bit of cut which ain’t going to be the case tomorrow, whereas the ground is ideal for both Trading Leather and Toronado. Where’s this match bet priced up, Gord?

Nath I’m on with Bet 365,I phoned up last night and asked for it,its only to £100 but I’m on good terms with these guys!They actually offered me 80/1 about

Trading Leather

winning tomorrow and then the Arc and I said I could get that on the machine just to win the French showpiece so you have to be clued up when asking for special bets! 7/4 about your horse is as good a 7/4 chance as you’ll get,he should be the Even money fav imo.Everythings in his favour and only

Trading Leather

could beat him if by a miracle your fellow doesn’t actually stay!!!!! :shock: Nah there’s more chance of Ginge stopping winding people up with his condescending ‘I am the great Gingerone who knows more about Racing,particularly 2yo’s than anyone’ than your horse not thriving on the step up in trip! Good Luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i am on TRADING LEATHER tomorrow think he win

Think TELESCOPE will as well but not backing him this be right trip and normally on a 2nd start after horses suffer the bounce factor. might be why he lost last time as well.He be a very good older horse too.

SWISS SPRIT in the nunthorpe not on anything in ebor wait for on the day.

Opinion

wins the Ebor mate,I’m on at 10/1! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Ginger’s been out in the sun to long and got himself a gingery bronze chest or ‘tit’ as SteveCaution likes to call him. :lol:

I’ve found evens in the match bet with Paddy Power Gord. Cheers.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginger’s been out in the sun to long and got himself a gingery bronze chest or ‘tit’ as SteveCaution likes to call him. :lol:

I’ve found evens in the match bet with Paddy Power Gord. Cheers.

Yeh I’d take the Evs about

Hillstar

against

Declaration of war

8/11 in a match too mate,the former has the stronger stamina,whereas the Coolmore horse is a proper miler imo.His Queen Anne victory was impressive.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord what you think of races at york today happy TELESCOPE won he get better now but not a leger horse.And can improve next year

How you think irish champion will go now could see the 1st 3 face each other again.

VENUS DE MILO in big race tomorrow would be on the fugue but that horse lost her form.

And do you think connections of ROCK AND RUBY made a blunder by staying over hurdles.I look at arkle betting i do not see a star at 2m chaser.But champion hurdle is stacked with top class horses.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: get your arse on here lol

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Kevin Ryan introduces a lovely horse today in the 420 who they believe is very, very good. He was concerned about the fast ground but now the rain has come the money has started to arrive and it will continue, this one is ready to run well FTO and hopefully go on to far better things!

Keep everything crossed for no more rain North of Catterick and we could have a fine payday tomorrow ;-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

CARAVAN ROLLS ON for me in ebor though draw not that good for him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sorry Gary, I have been chock up tut tatas with work recently then when I get home I’ve spent the past 2 months trying to turn the ‘Amico Cadiz’ into a Vessel fit for Sailing in again so my horseracing has suffered.I’d have lost today on

Sole Power

had I bothered but I’m on

Opinion

big time tomorrow at 10/1. Thanks for the Pm’s mate by the way!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tomorrow sees

Mount Athos

supporters hoping Richard Hughes can work some sort of miracle by getting him to win a mere Listed race at Goodwood,I personally think the ‘Horses for courses’ saying applies perfectly for this rogue…………….As a Lay proposition.If someone said I had to have £2k on at 5/2 tomorrow to win I’d say I’d rather dip my Knob in hot Fat! :shock:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Despite going up a few pounds for getting beat and being drawn in the car park I have had a nice EW bet on a horse I believe is a group horse in the making, with a top trainer and an awesome young jockey Pythagorean should have won LTO over CD and with luck in running I believe will go very close

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m looking forward to seeing the return of

Cristoforo Colombo

at York tomorrow,on good/firm ground he’d be a good thing at 9/4,trouble is its P*ssin it down! :shock:

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

It might be worth having a saver on Genzy, just beaten by Meandre in a listed contest as a youngster, won a Group 2 and just pipped in another Group 2, his next race. He receives 10 lbs from maybe a Group 1 winner in Sun Central, but he’s well drawn.

Opinion doesn’t seem to be well-drawn, Gord, if the outer stalls are the high numbers, as 6 of the last 7 runnings were won by one of the six outer stalls.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i had a saver on GURANTEE at 16s likes a bit rain won top handicap at course last year too which had BIOGRAPHER and
    SIR GRAHAM WADE in.

Also there are markets for ayr gold cup,Cambridgeshire and Cesarewitch any early thoughts on these races.

Viewing 17 posts - 579 through 595 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.