The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Was sitting there watching oddschecker waiting to see what price Free Eagle would be put in at, phone rings, miss 20/1 :roll:

Perhaps it’s for the best, but if I can get 20/1 elsewhere I will take it. This fella has the look of Casual Conquest Turbo model.

25/1 with Paddy Power now Tommy. Patience is a virtue my friend :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Kingfisher ran a nice enough race there in 4th… But the winner looks a proper animal! Another possible Derby horse? I need to watch it again but

Free Eagle

looks very exciting. :o

Yes Tommy that was a serious maiden there at Leopardstown,the winners a proper Derby horse,a half brother to the very useful

Sapphire

trained by Dermot Weld for the same connections who got the 11/2m easy,I personally liked

Wexford town

, who’s a full brother to

Trading Leather

! :wink: Both the Coolmore colts have to be watched too so I’d expect a Group 1 winner or 2 coming from this race.We’ll see!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Kingfisher ran a nice enough race there in 4th… But the winner looks a proper animal! Another possible Derby horse? I need to watch it again but

Free Eagle

looks very exciting. :o

Free Eagle took control of the race tonight in a matter of strides and routed the field. Either he is very good or the others were moderate. To my eyes, albeit only on a brief look mind you, he seemed to have the most scope about him and being out of High Chapparal and trained by Dermot Weld you would assume he will improve a lot with time. With regards to the form, Indian Maharaja beat Urban Moon six and a half lengths on his debut and that horse was only sixth tonight beaten over ten lengths.

Whatever the outcome long term, Free Eagle was as impressive a winner as I have seen this year and he holds an entry for the Futurity, The Vincent O’Brien National Stakes, The Royal Lodge and next year’s Derby. The gap to the first of those would be only nine days so perhaps that would be too soon. Wherever he turns up I would imagine he’ll be backed according to tonight’s visual impression.

Another bird of prey with classic prospects?

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Was sitting there watching oddschecker waiting to see what price Free Eagle would be put in at, phone rings, miss 20/1 :roll:

Perhaps it’s for the best, but if I can get 20/1 elsewhere I will take it. This fella has the look of Casual Conquest Turbo model.

25/1 with Paddy Power now Tommy. Patience is a virtue my friend :mrgreen:

Got the 25/1, just! It was the dodgy internet connection which bore the brunt of my colorful language this time :lol:

Feckin’ Eircom broadband…

It did look a good maiden Gord, I’d be surprised if the 2nd, 3rd and 4th couldn’t win maidens at the very least.

Dermot Weld has nominated the Beresford and Racing Post Trophy as possible targets Steve, with the proviso that "we’ll see". Here’s the report from Irish Racing:

http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=70 … e-on-debut

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Dermot Weld has nominated the Beresford and

Racing Post Trophy

as possible targets Steve

October 26th, a day to mark in the diary if both my

Indian Maharaja

and your

Free Eagle

make it there. Call it Epsom mark one Tommy, as the winner goes there as favourite!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Racing Post Trophy

Indian Maharaja

and your

Free Eagle

make it there. Call it Epsom mark one Tommy, as the winner goes there as favourite!

Just wait till TAPK unleashes his Derby
    horse before counting your chickens you guys!
    Tommy,I’ll say one word about tonight………..’Toner D’oudairies’!! Still only a 6yo mind but the clock is ticking with him as far as ability goes!

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Just wait till TAPK unleashes his Derby horse before counting your chickens you guys!

The clock is ticking Gord :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just wait till TAPK unleashes his Derby horse before counting your chickens you guys!

What you need to worry about with

Indian Maharaja

Boz is that he’s the only progeny from

Again

and she wasn’t totally straight forward.When I say a horse wont win the Derby I am invariably right all the time as Darren knows!! :lol: I like this colt of yours so you are safe there but and its a Big BUT……Will your fellow really get the trip,the Racing Post Trophy is unquestionably the greatest guide to recent Derby Winners so a victory there will prove a ‘minor’ point but like last year I said

Trading Leather

would still prove to be the best horse from the race and he finished fifth.TAPK’s judgement of Derby horses is a little bit special and I’ve got my eye on a couple.I’ll tell you one thing we need to be careful of is an unraced

Sea the Stars

waiting for a belated introduction as a 3yo!! :shock: Early days,the clock can keep tickin for now! 8)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

What you need to worry about with

Indian Maharaja

Boz is that he’s the only progeny from

Again

and she wasn’t totally straight forward.When I say a horse wont win the Derby I am invariably right all the time as Darren knows!! :lol: I like this colt of yours so you are safe there but and its a Big BUT……Will your fellow really get the trip,the Racing Post Trophy is unquestionably the greatest guide to recent Derby Winners so a victory there will prove a ‘minor’ point but like last year I said

Trading Leather

would still prove to be the best horse from the race and he finished fifth.TAPK’s judgement of Derby horses is a little bit special and I’ve got my eye on a couple.I’ll tell you one thing we need to be careful of is an unraced

Sea the Stars

waiting for a belated introduction as a 3yo!! :shock: Early days,the clock can keep tickin for now! 8)

It’s situations like this that really get the blood pumping in this game, as you well know Gord :wink: Preparing for war when we talk of the Derby, the Cheltenham Festival or any other major beating heat and taking on your adversaries once already pledging allegiance to one camp you are

convinced

about being ‘the right one for the right race’ is why we are all here. My

Indian Maharaja

may be out of

Again

, Classic winning

miler

which would call into question the horse’s ability to go around Epsom without stopping, but I fear not. I’ve seen him move and he possesses not the stamina of his dam. He’s a classic middle distance horse Gord and will get a mile and a half on his head. While everyone is preparing for a future Classic showdown at Donny, I’ll be out filling the petrol tank of the bandwagon I’ll be driving, because by the end of the day everyone will be jumping on with me :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Racing Post Trophy

Indian Maharaja

and your

Free Eagle

Just wait till TAPK unleashes his Derby
    horse before counting your chickens you guys!
    Tommy,I’ll say one word about tonight………..’Toner D’oudairies’!! Still only a 6yo mind but the clock is ticking with him as far as ability goes!

About time he won a race.. Perhaps he wasn’t the Cheltenham snip some of us thought he was :?

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Off to Catterick Bridge tonight so if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated :-)

In the 745 Ingenti won very well yesterday and as such is turned out again, the money came yesterday on course and has started to arrive already however, Paddy Power are offering an amazing 12s about what will be the 5/2 or 3/1 fav!!

This is a good EW bet IMO and worth taking the chance that he is OK, despite his welter burden

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord is unraced horse called JUPITER AND MARS this is my unraced horse to follow from that breeding.

Any thoughts on st wilfred i like PEARL ICE put it up earlier in thread i did.

And watch out for AUSTRALIA once he goes up to a 1m he be a top class horse.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Darren: had a chance to look at the Wilfred now, been waiting for some rain as they really fancy Captain Ramius but alas none :-( SO I have backed Prodigality.

Like the look of Secret Talent at Newbury who looks a very good young horse :-)

Good luck

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren: had a chance to look at the Wilfred now, been waiting for some rain as they really fancy Captain Ramius but alas none :-( SO I have backed Prodigality.

Like the look of Secret Talent at Newbury who looks a very good young horse :-)

Good luck

I think the best horse in the race is

Captain Ramius

and I expect a place at least,I have also backed

Summerinthecity

,he’s been trained with this in mind!

Captain Ramius

£50 e/w 20/1 Bet365 Great St Wilfrid

Summerinthecity

£50 e/w 12/1 Stan James.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but

Al Kazeem

wont be winning his 4th consecutive Group 1 tomorrow.Why? Simply because both

Trading Leather

and

Toronado

are better than him.In my world there is No way he should be fav against the Hannon wonder horse,a horse who will be even better stepped up to tomorrows trip and even the best 3yo 11/2m horse of Bolgers will get the better of him.’Al Kazeem’ just hasn’t met a Group 1 3yo yet but he’ll meet 2 tomorrow and at 11/10 he’s the Lay of the day.What I’ll also say is Richard Hughes wants to shut up about the lack of Prize money as he’s in for a £40k payout tomorrow,thats a years wages to normal ‘Working class’ folk who wont get those figures for 2 mins and 6 secs of effort.If the Favs dont flip flop before the race tomorrow then I’m not the judge I think I am! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:1p9mf2s4]hgtc.jpg[/attachment:1p9mf2s4]

TAPK out on the water doin a quick recce on where the big barge will be moored,takes 10 mins by Car from the marina,took me an hour by River! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Al Kazeem wont be winning his 4th consecutive Group 1 tomorrow

Sounds more like good news to me. :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 562 through 578 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.