The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Also any thoughts on FRIENDSHIP he won maiden other night i think he got a profile like TREASURE BEACH he be a exposed 2yo but next year he thrive at middle distances.

Yes I’d agree with you there Darren,Stamina is this fellows forte and he’s definitely an improving colt,slow but sure.Come St leger time next year this fellows name will be in the mix,his Dam was an Oaks winner if I remember correctly for Roger Charlton methinks.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’ve been watching from afar, like you I am counting the days for the jumps season, I enjoy the flat but more so when I go!! Can take or leave flat racing on the TV. Had a good day at York last week and got late info on Broctune Papa Gio in the week who ran a blinder at 25s. Watch out for him when he returns back over the jumps and also Cockney Sparrow as Quinny thinks the world of him!

As for Secret Witness, Ron Harris can get them back to their former best so just hope the weight doesn’t stop him :-)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Derby horse for now Boz for sure.What lets him down is his Dam,she lacked Stamina even though her bloodlines suggested she

should

have been a stayer.Have you heard of a horse called

Stubbs

,he’s a Guineas/Derby horse for sure! 8)

Gord my dear friend, I think a great deal of you, respect you a lot and you often give me a good laugh on here with your whimsical writing style and the anecdotes you reel off, but you are p*ssing into the wind if you think your

Stubbs

will beat my

Indian Maharaja

in the Derby :mrgreen: My lad’s different gravy and despite your(in fairness factual) opinion of his bloodline, it’s clear to see that next year he’ll thrive over 12 furlongs. Game on pal, my cash is down :twisted: :wink:

Gentleman’s bet? :)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Beaten fair and square but took the champion jockey to stop him! Got the place money but nearly the lot :-)

Without doubt time to keep an eye on Ron’s sprinters ;-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

For those interested RH has a few running but the 3yo doesn’t have much hope, Judge N Jury may struggle but in the 645 Lingfield Belle Bayardo will have to go close with the yard approaching form

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Derby horse for now Boz for sure.What lets him down is his Dam,she lacked Stamina even though her bloodlines suggested she

should

have been a stayer.Have you heard of a horse called

Stubbs

,he’s a Guineas/Derby horse for sure! 8)

Gord my dear friend, I think a great deal of you, respect you a lot and you often give me a good laugh on here with your whimsical writing style and the anecdotes you reel off, but you are p*ssing into the wind if you think your

Stubbs

will beat my

Indian Maharaja

in the Derby :mrgreen: My lad’s different gravy and despite your(in fairness factual) opinion of his bloodline, it’s clear to see that next year he’ll thrive over 12 furlongs. Game on pal, my cash is down :twisted: :wink:

Gentleman’s bet? :)

My problem with Gentlemens bets is I always let them off when they have lost as I dont need to take the money off them,it just makes me feel good when I’m right and they are wrong.You seem to forget that

Stubbs

is actually bred to be a 11/2m horse so all these 5-6f races only emphasise that he has been blessed with speed too.For all the impression that

War command

created in the Coventry he wont get near

Stubbs

over a 11/2m because he’s got No chance of getting it.On form this year I wouldn’t want to wager against

Indian Maharaja

as he does look a serious proposition like I said after his debut but I’m certainly not giving up on

Stubbs

just yet!! 8)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

My problem with Gentlemens bets is I always let them off when they have lost as I dont need to take the money off them,it just makes me feel good when I’m right and they are wrong.You seem to forget that

Stubbs

is actually bred to be a 11/2m horse so all these 5-6f races only emphasise that he has been blessed with speed too.For all the impression that

War command

Stubbs

over a 11/2m because he’s got No chance of getting it.On form this year I wouldn’t want to wager against

Indian Maharaja

as he does look a serious proposition like I said after his debut but I’m certainly not giving up on

Stubbs

just yet!! 8)

I admire your confidence in the horse Gord, and it’s fair to say he’s certainly not as bad as his Coventry run shows. This

War Command

is no star, I don’t care a jot how far he wins by on Sunday. The fact Boyles still have your lad at 16s for the Guineas ahead of other Ballydoyle inmates shows the Emerald Isle have a fair bit of belief behind him, but I truly believe my lad will prove to be ‘the chosen one’ next year :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Also like MADE IN GERMANY both look top prospects when they go jumping.

Made In Germany

looked a very nice horse when beating Concordin (who I rate highly) earlier this year Darren. The horse I can’t wait to see novice hurdling this side of the Irish Sea is without a doubt

Faugheen

8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There’s some on here think this

Intello

fellows a bit special,some even think he’ll win the Arc! :roll: Tomorrow will see if he is the real deal as he’s up against a proper Group 1 field of milers.

Moonlight cloud

imo is a 7f horse so I’m dismissing her chances straight away,

Declaration of War

is a reliable yardstick but he is exposed,

Olympic Glory

is over-priced at 20/1 and could get placed,

Aljamaheer

will struggle in this and

Elusive Kate

will be found wanting.I believe this is a 2 horse race and the Bookmakers cant split the 2 market leaders at 9/4.I can split them easily as

Dawn Approach

is different Class,I still believe he ran a shade flat at Goodwood and expect him to be spot on for tomorrow and so long as he gets his pace and no hard luck stories he wins imo.No way is he a joint fav,he should be 6/4fav and thats why I’ve taken the 9/4.

Dawn Approach

£200 win 9/4 Bet 365 Jaques le Marois.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Intello

fellows a bit special,some even think he’ll win the Arc! :roll: Tomorrow will see if he is the real deal as he’s up against a proper Group 1 field of milers.

Moonlight cloud

Declaration of War

Olympic Glory

Aljamaheer

Elusive Kate

will be found wanting.I believe this is a 2 horse race and the Bookmakers cant split the 2 market leaders at 9/4.I can split them easily as

Dawn Approach

is different Class,I still believe he ran a shade flat at Goodwood and expect him to be spot on for tomorrow and so long as he gets his pace and no hard luck stories he wins imo.No way is he a joint fav,he should be 6/4fav and thats why I’ve taken the 9/4.

Dawn Approach

This will be Intello’s toughest task so far and for all that he could arguably be unbeaten I am not sure he has really beaten much to date and he seems conspicuous by his absence since the French Derby, with a soft warm up race telling us little new about him. When betting opened only two firms were quoting odds and Intello was 11/8 and 13/8 with those bookmakers. He is out to 5/2 with Corals now and although Dawn Approach has been uneasy as well, you would think he might be the one for money on the day if he looks in good fettle.

My gut feeling is that this might be stretching Moonlight Cloud if the pace is strong so I’ll go against her and stick a few quid on Dawn Approach, who I have never backed before despite fancying him to confirm form with Toronado last time.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Sorry to go from Group One top class horses to Sprinters of a mediocre nature BUT everything appears to be in Belle Bayards favour in the 645 Lingers, the ground has quickened and now firm, gd/firm in places and he is the only one to have won on firm! There has been a big move for Frankies mount which has seen BB drift out to 11/2 but I’m more than happy with that and will do 2 RFC but leave out Frankies :-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Intello

Moonlight cloud

Declaration of War

Olympic Glory

Aljamaheer

Elusive Kate

Dawn Approach

Dawn Approach

How many people in this sport can truly be described as "genius"? We lost one in June but over in France they certainly have one. Monsieur Fabre is one of the greatest trainers of modern times and when he says he has an exceptional racehorse it is probably best to take note.

This is the race of the season for me and not one to chuck lots of money at. If Dawn Approach can beat all these top class horses just 10 days after that gallant run in the Sussex then he must be some horse. He was all out that day and was flat out from 3 furlongs out. I have utmost respect for Elusive Kate and Moonlight Cloud but EK seems best when allowed to dominate which she wont be able to do tomorrow and MC, as Gord says, is more of a 7f horse and could be stretched tomorrow. I expect DOW to get closer to DA on this faster ground but I think Intello will have the race run to suit and can see him thundering past all of them inside the last 50 yards.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Tapestry runs tomorrow at the Curragh, in the 3.15 race. I had to laugh at the guide price of 9/4, her actual best price available now is 5/6

She had to come wide and late last time and I think the extra furlong will help her tomorrow. The form of her last race has seen 6 runs with one placed and 5 unplaced. Runner up Chroussa was last of 10 in the Gp3 Princess Margaret at Ascot and that worries me, particularly as Mahlah, who finished in front of Chrouassa in that race, was well stuffed at odds of 2/1 in a Haydock nursery today. With that in mind I’d be worried about backing her at odds on tomorrow but she will surely improve from her first run and, as the old saying goes "could be anything"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Although she was odds on today and fully entitled to win I was much more impressed with Tapestry today. The extra furlong seemed to allow her to settle in more comfortably and she quickened up to win in the style of a good horse. I’d be disappointed if she isn’t in the 1000 Guineas mix next season.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Stubbs

War command

Stubbs

Indian Maharaja

Stubbs

just yet!! 8)

I admire your confidence in the horse Gord, and it’s fair to say he’s certainly not as bad as his Coventry run shows. This

War Command

is no star, I don’t care a jot how far he wins by on Sunday. The fact Boyles still have your lad at 16s for the Guineas ahead of other Ballydoyle inmates shows the Emerald Isle have a fair bit of belief behind him, but I truly believe my lad will prove to be ‘the chosen one’ next year :wink:

War Command was pumped into third at odds of 2/5 today and the Coventry form looks in tatters at the minute. Overreaction city and ridiculous quotes for lemmings at 7/1 in the aftermath of the Coventry lie in ribbons and he’s 16/1 now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You are a good judge Steve,

Tapestry

did us proud today and she’s on an upward curve without being flashy.I went in again on

Dawn Approach

at 4/1 but he certainly has gone over the top so can be forgiven,he owes me nothing but I dont like seeing good horses over raced!! :shock: .I felt for

Olympic Glory

as he deserved a Group 1 and was well over-priced at 20/1,Frankie

should

have won! At least the bubble finally burst on

Intello

too as he’s been over-hyped by many on here aswell! Talking about Over the Top,I had to laugh at all those on here who thought that

War Command

was the next best thing for next years 2000Gns,I have said many times there was something about that ‘Coventry’ performance that didn’t sit well with me and so it proved today,I still maintain he’s No miler……….Come back

Stubbs

all is forgiven!! :shock:

Stubbs

£50 e/w 40/1 Corals 2014,2000gns.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Do you really think the bubble burst on Intello Gord? I thought he ran really well for a horse that is surely suited by further.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.