The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I’ve had a tenner each-way on Branden Grace. Good links player bringing good form from the Scottish Open, and BetVictor’s paying eight places :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve had my usual tenner e/w on

Nick Watney

at 110/1 with Bet365 to 7 places!! :shock:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Went to Catterick Bridge today and spotted another horse massively dropping in grade, lto running in the Queen Mary and then a race at the Bridge, others spotted it and Diamond Lady after opening at 9/2 tumbled to 5/2 and was given a great ride to win well, cudnt get a signal to put it up :-(

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord any thoughts on racing at weekend i like RIPOSTE in irish oaks

Also how you think TRADING LEATHER do in King george

And i hope AUSTRALIA returns this week with a win and on the route to derby glory at epsom next year :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

I’m with you on Riposte Darren, got on at 4’s in the week, might go off 2’s with Secret Gesture out and Alive Alive Oh unlikely to be risked on the ground.

Trading Leather is an admiral fellow but surely not good enough to win a KG, I’d talked myself out backing CDA on the basis on the fast going but his Champion Stakes win came on good and at 3’s I beginning to think he’s worth a chance he’ll not be too worried about the ground.

Changing the subject but England evens (or thereabouts) for the second test looks a great bet to me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Gord, I hope you stayed loyal to West End Lad? 7/1 get in…..

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just said goodbye to my Sister who’s been visiting us for the past 3 weeks,she flys out to Australia tomorrow night with her 2 Daughters,helluva long way to come but its been a busy time and she’s enjoyed it.I wasn’t surprised

West End Lad

won Nath as he was running in a Class 5 off 67 when we were there and he won a class 6 off 65 last night………I of course never had a penny on! :oops: Darren

Trading Leather

versus

Ektihaam

could result in a battle royal,I think its between the pair and I’ve backed both at 8/1 and 12/1 so I’ll be happy if either won.My heart wants ‘Trading Leather’ to win but my Wallet says ‘Ektihaam’.I rate

Riposte

highly and she’s my bat of the day today so fingers crossed.

emian
    • Total Posts 114

.I rate

Riposte

highly and she’s my bat of the day today so fingers crossed.

I’m going with Chicquita myself. Has to be win and weighted place @ bfsp though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well done ’emain’ it was a great race and Johnny Murtagh rode a blinder as usual,I do think ‘Riposte’ will progress again and softer ground would suit but no excuses.My old Pal

Tax Free

ran a blinder at Newmarket yesterday,thankfully I never had a penny on as I hate missing a winner but love missing a loser! :lol:

• Total Posts 614

I backed all final day golfers on plus 1. Oi oi oi come on erm, who have i backed again ?….Carbrera, Johnson, Stensen and …sigh google is a good thing….Ryan Moore !

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well after Cheering/Willing/Hoping/Betting

Lee Westwood

for nearly 20yrs to win a Major.I see he trades at Evens to finally shake that huge Monkey off his back and win one……….Now I gave up backing Lee several years ago but he’s my local Pro who I always liked and if ever a player deserves a Major its Lee.Can he do it today? Well Tigers whole persona and body language suggests he’s lame plus he’s never Won a Major coming from behind on the final day,a Monkey he wants to shake off himself.Lee sits comfortably on the 6th with a 2 shot lead had that been the Tiger of old and you would be getting 1/3 in play,he’s not Tiger and never will be but Lee is a journeyman a Grinder,he cant putt for toffee under pressure and he cant handle the pressure of a late challenger but I’m willing/Hoping/Cheering him on again for the umpteenth time today…………..I expect a crumble at some point,not quite in the Colin I’m a Bottler Montgomerie mould but today will be Lees last chance of a Major,he needs to keep telling himself that if he wants to join the elite………

COME ON LEE WESTWOOD

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"I expect a crumble at some point"

The crumble begins and Lee trades at 2/1 now…….No thanks! :( Adam Scott and Henrik Stenson start the charge that will inevitably swallow Lee up!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

7/2 Lee Westwood! Er……….No thanks but I’m sitting here like I have done so often watching in frustration at Lees lack of attack!! Now come on my Son get your finger out!!…………..Your Nose with 4 bloody Bogies……Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezus! Just gone 5/1 now Ffs!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Thats the difference between a good player and a Player of Phil Mickelsons ability,a shot like that to the 18th green from Phil.He has the X-factor and thats what makes Major winners,having the courage and the skill to take on difficult shots and pulling them off,he deserves to win! Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you will never win a Major playing like you do!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

140’s on the machine about Lee birdie,birdie,birdie to take it to a play off and win…………and some are taking it!! thats the great thing about betting on the machine,there’s muppets out there.Long live the Muppets! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"You almost run out of things to say" Says Peter Alliss after Lee takes his Driver out to play his 2nd shot and puts it wildly into the rough………..I could think of a few things I’d say to Lee about winning Majors.1st one would be Lee you are a good player but you certainly dont have what it takes mentally nor ability wise to win a big one and it shows year after year.A great career but one who will be remembered for being just a good player unfortunately and a frustrating one at that.To Lees credit he handles himself like a Gent,always polite and courteous and gracious in defeat,all the attributes lacking in a fellow bottler……Colin Montgomerie!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

People say Lee Westwood has got no bottle. I disagree, and as my photo shows, it’s something else he’s lacking:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/bottle_zps912aae49.jpg

I must say I had a little chuckle when I saw him at 2.1/1 this morning, given his knack of throwing it away. I didn’t have a bet but I think Mickelson was 25/1 when I checked out the odds.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 17 posts - 409 through 425 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.