The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 392 through 408 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

No luck today chaps,not only did ‘Prohibit’ and ‘Pastoral player’ run like pigs but ‘Stencive’ and ‘Es Que Love’ both had my money on them and were robbed,Graham Lee definitely let William Haggas’s stablemate ‘Danchai’ get the better of him,that was painful to watch too!
    On a brighter note I do think we saw this years Arc winner today in

Flintshire

, he made the ‘useless’ ‘Battle of Marengo’ look just that in the Grand prix de Paris and is a Serious horse who handles any ground which is a bonus from an Ante-Post perspective.

Flintshire

£100 e/w 6/1 William Hill Arc.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

No luck today chaps,not only did ‘Prohibit’ and ‘Pastoral player’ run like pigs but ‘Stencive’ and ‘Es Que Love’ both had my money on them and were robbed,Graham Lee definitely let William Haggas’s stablemate ‘Danchai’ get the better of him,that was painful to watch too!
    On a brighter note I do think we saw this years Arc winner today in

Flintshire

, he made the ‘useless’ ‘Battle of Marengo’ look just that in the Grand prix de Paris and is a Serious horse who handles any ground which is a bonus from an Ante-Post perspective.

Flintshire

£100 e/w 6/1 William Hill Arc.

I had Es Que Love as well and I thought he was home and hosed at one stage. Willie Haggas seemed pretty flat for a guy who had just saddled a 1-2 in the Magnet Cup and I have to say I didn’t fancy Danchai at all today.

Flintshire travelled like a winner all the way today but I think that was a modest field and he needs to make a good bit of progress to distance himself from his three year old peers. I am a little surprised he’s shorter than Intello now, although I do suspect that one might not really be a mile and a half horse. It’s Al Kazeem for me in The Arc and if he doesn’t do it I’ll be "Bernie Flint" myself!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 819

It’s Al Kazeem for me in The Arc and if he doesn’t do it I’ll be "Bernie Flint" myself!

Me too, the fact he’s not 3 or 4 is a massive advantage given how poor the midle distance crop of both generations are.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Nowadays the Arc seems to be throwing up the odd shock result…Or at least perceived shock results in the case of Danedream. Is probably why the bookies are willing to give Al Kazeem etc bigger quotes than you’d expect.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Flintshire travelled like a winner all the way today but I think that was a modest field and he needs to make a good bit of progress to distance himself from his three year old peers. I am a little surprised he’s shorter than Intello now,

For what its worth Steve I dont see this ‘Intello’ as an Arc sort at all,he’s a speedy sort who looks like a Champion Stakes type to me.This

Flintshire

however ticks every single box going as far as a potential Arc Winner imo.Connections are quick to compare him with ‘Rail Link’ but to me he’s in a different class to even him,No when TAPK goes overboard about one and he definitely falls into that category I’m right more times than I’m wrong! 8)

Flintshire

£100 e/w 6/1 Bet365 Arc.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

For what its worth Steve I dont see this ‘Intello’ as an Arc sort at all,he’s a speedy sort who looks like a Champion Stakes type to me.This

Flintshire

however ticks every single box going as far as a potential Arc Winner imo.Connections are quick to compare him with ‘Rail Link’ but to me he’s in a different class to even him,No when TAPK goes overboard about one and he definitely falls into that category I’m right more times than I’m wrong! 8)

Flintshire

£100 e/w 6/1 Bet365 Arc.

It’s not hard to imagine Intello failing to turn up for the Arc, given the unusual path he has been taking.

I have gone against the three year old generation taking on their elders so far this season and it’s been proving profitable.

Going into yesterday’s race Flintshire was thoroughly expected to win, because he was taking on Derby also rans who were not group one winners. Impressive though he was, I think we need to ponder what Al Kazeem might have done to that same field?

I’ll stick with the old guy till he gets beat.

I’m surprised you are on each way if confidence is so high Gord :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m surprised you are on each way if confidence is so high Gord :wink:

Steve there is nothing worse for the Ante-Post punter than seeing your long range fancy get pipped on the bloody post,I only need mention

My Tent or yours

in the ‘Supreme’ to drive my point home! When you back a horse Ante-Post,first and foremost you are expecting to beat the SP should your selection turn up,which of course is the biggest risk of this type of bet.What you have to ask yourself when taking the Ante-Post plunge is the million dollar question…….Is my horse going to be trained with this race as its major objective? I’ll give 3 examples of Ante-Post horses all trading at 6/1 but only 1 is worth taking the price on now.

Flintshire

6/1 Arc 11 weeks away,

My Tent or yours

6/1 Champion hurdle 34 weeks away and

War Command

6/1 2000gns 40 weeks away. ‘Flintshire’ will go off around the 2/1 mark after he runs away with the Prix Niel and follows the pattern of ‘Rail Link’ a tried and tested formula the 7 times winning trainer Andre Fabre has adhered to.We all know that ‘Flintshire’ has the qualities of a lightly raced colt with huge potential and he reminds me of ‘Carnegie’,’Hurricane Run’ and ‘Rail Link’ all 3 of whom were successful at Longchamp in October so barring any accidents I just cant see him going off any bigger come the day.
    ‘My Tent or Yours’ only has to run 2nd in the Fighting Fifth to drift to 10/1 for Cheltenham Glory and that famous race isn’t till November so he’ll still be 6/1 before the off then,plenty time from now and then though to strain a tendon and be out for the season so 6/1 isn’t generous right now! I off course am on at double figure prices……….33/1! 8) As for this ‘War command’
    I’m not totally convinced he’s even a miler so 6/1 about a horse with plenty question marks is a no-no for me even though he was as visually impressive a Coventry winner as ‘Three Valleys’!! :shock:
    I’m basically protecting my stake Steve backing him e/w but I’ve always done it and thank goodness I have as I’ve been close many times but not close enough with the likes of ‘

Lycius

40/1 2000gns,

Bellotto

16/1 2000gns,

Royal Athlete

150/1 Gold cup,

Kings theatre

25/1 Derby,

Silver Patriach

20/1 Derby,

Sunnyhill Boy

40/1 Grand National just to name a few that collected place money.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Horse running in 215 Bath tomorrow should win very easily. Been running in excellent grade and now dropped way down to class 5, the last time anywhere near this grade the horse hosed up :-)

Zilzilah at 11/4 with Paddy is far too big as this will go off close to 6/4 so snaffle the nice price with Paddys

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Horse running in 215 Bath tomorrow should win very easily. Been running in excellent grade and now dropped way down to class 5, the last time anywhere near this grade the horse hosed up :-)

Zilzilah at 11/4 with Paddy is far too big as this will go off close to 6/4 so snaffle the nice price with Paddys

Cheers Gary, big drop in class, missed 11/4 but 9/4 still looks a good bet.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Fingers crossed for a good run :-)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Cheers Gary you landed me a nice pot there mate :wink: I’ve been lumping on ante-post all day(as you may notice on my thread) but all of those bets have been paid for and more now :D

Nice one pal, if our paths ever cross I’ll buy you a pint or twelve :mrgreen:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Thanks for mentioning this horse. Bath is a track I rarely bet at but after reading your post and studying the form I found myself in full agreement that he had a terrific chance in a really weak looking field. Missed the fancy odds but happy with the winner, well picked out, all the best.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You shrewdie Gary,snaffling all the 11/4,I saw 9/4 this morning but didn’t get on till it was 6/4,that was an old fashioned gamble that was never in doubt,Well done for spotting it! :D

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Thanks all, glad he won well and what a gamble :-)

Back to normal now as there is one running tonight that be been waiting a while for and an outsider that the trainer does well with when running maidens 2nd time out.

John Gosdens Ruffled in 700 ran an eye catching debut last season and we all know how much his improve :-) must go well.

In the 730 Mr Gosdens could well have a double BUT Marco Botti has a nice strike rate with 2nd time out runners so at 25s Sleek may be able to nick a place!

Gordon: will Dandy have a winner tomorrow as I’m at Catterick Bridge mate

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Nice one Gary, well spotted. That’s paid for me golf bets this week…speaking of which, any fancies anyone? My five for the week are;

Mickelson
    Els
    Day
    Garcia
    Snedeker

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’m n Day too, will back 2 outsiders EW for an interest, maybe Cabrera and another european

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

My golf bets are

Mannasero
    MC Dowell
    Kuchar
    D Johnson
    Day
    Sterne

Viewing 17 posts - 392 through 408 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.