The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Would I desert W.P. :?: :shock:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Would I desert W.P. :?: :shock:

The plot thickens :lol: Well there’s a fistful of his in the betting, what time you putting him up Tommy?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Ben,it doesn’t take me long to assess who actually knows their horses on here,who think they know their horses on here,who actually know very little about horses on here and who want to learn about horses on here.You fall into the first and last category! :wink:
    Your assessment of the last 3 rides Paul Townend gave

Boston Bob

are spot on,the less said about them the better,the positives to take from ‘Bobs’ performances only suggest to me that the 40’s available on the machine at the time for next years Gold cup had to be taken,the 32’s available now are still too big for a horse that will be ridden by Ruby Walsh next year.

Boston Bob

doesn’t have to improve anymore than your average RSA winner to be a Gold cup sort,he’s going to be a lightly raced 9yo come next March and if he improves 10lb in that time he’ll be a player.
    One slight concern is he can jump a little sketchy but he likes Cheltenham and he aint No Ryanair sort,he’s bred to stay further than 31/2m so I’m confident he’s a player.

First Lieutenant

,16/1 is still my No 1 selection though as he jumps for fun!They are my 2 against the field Ben.
    As for

Frankels

progeny,well if you put a 100 racehorses in a field with ‘Frankel’ you could identify him just by his profile and by the way he moves and looks,he’s certainly different to look at.Anything he sires with the confirmation of him will be ante-Post fav for the Guineas before it even sets foot on a racecourse.Exciting sire!

Kind words Gord! I agree that it’s a pretty big price for a horse who we clearly haven’t seen the best of yet. I was amazed at Punchestown when Ruby didn’t learn his lesson from the RSA and again chose against riding Bob, like you said he must have learnt by now.

Can’t get away from your main one FL, was done for speed it seemed in the Ryanair but he shouldn’t have that issue in the Gold Cup and his jumping alone should keep him up there.

Counting down the days for the jumps to start again and the year or two until Frankel’s kiddies are running!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’m not a regular contributor but purely due to time constraints!! I do hope that someone listened to my reasoning behind backing Just the tonic at 12s – the lil lady just bolted up at 7s :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m not a regular contributor but purely due to time constraints!! I do hope that someone listened to my reasoning behind backing Just the tonic at 12s – the lil lady just bolted up at 7s :-)

I didn’t listen Gary because I was busy working on the ‘Amico Cadiz’
    but for those of us who are privelidged to read your occassional contributions it only confirms that you are the King of the Gaffs!! :lol: Well done Sir, I hope you filled your boots and keep up the good work.Cheers Gord.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A belated Happy Birthday Gord, hope you had a good one.

My birthday present to you is the Arkle winner which I will be putting up tomorrow :lol:

Well I’m looking forward to finding out just what it is Tommy, Cheers, Gord.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Did anyone see Aiden’ O’Brien’s 2yo Indian Maharaja at Gowran Park last week? He won a mile maiden by six and a half lengths and is beautifully bred being by Galileo out of Irish 1000 Guineas winner Again. The full pedigree reads like racing royalty and he was put in at 16/1 second fav for next years Derby on the back of his win.

He shipped Joseph off after the winning line and went for an enthusiastic and slightly scary gallop up the course and into the rails slightly, so he didn’t look tired out at all!

The early form signs look bad though, with the 3rd and 4th running since and both finishing last, beaten a long way.

I think I’d like to see him again before making my mind up.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Did anyone see Aiden’ O’Brien’s 2yo Indian Maharaja at Gowran Park last week?

I think I’d like to see him again before making my mind up.

Yes I saw him Steve and first impressions were ‘Racing Post Trophy’ rather than ‘Royal Lodge’ but for as much as he’s a very free moving colt,he reminded me of ‘St Nicholas abbey’ the way he travelled but I certainly marked him down as a Group 1 horse of the future,it does help to be bred in the purple like you say mind.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Falmouth Stakes is a Group 1 race for 3yo fillies and upwards run over a mile at Newmarket,it usually attracts a good field but this years race has a dissapointing 4 runners,in effect only 3 with realistic chances and 2 of those finished 1st and 2nd in last years renewal.

Giofra

beat the year younger

Elusive Kate

12 months ago on much softer ground but ground that suited both,I believe the latter will avenge her French adversary this time round but will she beat this years 1000gns winner,

Sky Lantern

? Richard Hannons filly will love the fast ground,more so than her 2 opponents and at Evens she seems like the proverbial good thing.This thread is going to have more ‘Lays’ than any other one I’ve written and in a 4 horse race anything could happen but on this occassion I cant see anything to trouble the fav,all Richard has to do is switch her off and settle in last place,let out a reef and its all over! No in my world I’d make her a 4/6 shot so she aint for laying at Evens,She’s for backing. What would concern me is if she does a ‘Dawn approach’ and fights for her head because there’s no pace,that wouldn’t be pretty.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

A belated Happy Birthday Gord, hope you had a good one.

My birthday present to you is the Arkle winner which I will be putting up tomorrow :lol:

Well I’m looking forward to finding out just what it is Tommy, Cheers, Gord.

Backed

Defy Logic

today Gord (reasoning and general Arkle run through on my thread), and Un De Sceaux is my dark horse!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Happy belated birthday gord

Tommy do not say to gord you backed Defy Logic he says horse is a nutcase he does :)

ELUSIVE KATE and Sovereign Debt i like gord any thoughts on july cup too.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Also gord i know you like TRADING LEATHER but do you think he win king george see one bookie has him at 4/1 3rd in betting

Any thoughts on GALLIEO ROCK now i remember after he won debut i asked you and you said you did not like him what your thoughts on him now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Happy belated birthday gord

Tommy do not say to gord you backed Defy Logic he says horse is a nutcase he does :)

ELUSIVE KATE and Sovereign Debt i like gord any thoughts on july cup too.

Darren you have a superb memory and that is crucial in this game,you use it well but if

Defy Logic

wins the Arkle I’ll change my name to ‘ILoveGinger’! He’s a fruitcake that horse! As for

Galileo Rock

I have to say he’s an admirable sort who has at least given the Derby a bit of credibility,a worthy Leger type who in my opinion will be a Gold Cup horse next year.As for the July cup I have to say I’m on

Sole Power

at 16’s,I think he’ll excel at 6f just as much as 5f.So long as ‘Society Rock’ doesn’t win I’ll be happy as I’ve lost on him everytime he wins!! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

HDarren you have a superb memory and that is crucial in this game,you use it well but if

Defy Logic

wins the Arkle I’ll change my name to ‘ILoveGinger’! He’s a fruitcake that horse!

A very talented fruitcake :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Imagine waking up to Corals going 33/1 about a horse running in a class 2 handicap over a Course and distance he’s won a Group 2 over?
    Well that was the case with

Prohibit

as the birds sang at 4am this morning.I was having flashbacks to just another one of TAPKS legendary moments in time when the Prophet of positive thinking suggested to the world that this son of ‘Oasis Dream’ could bridge the gulf between regularly beaten handicapper to landing one of the worlds most recognised sprints in the Kings stand at Royal Ascot.Of course the King of foresight had taken all of ‘Victors’ ridiculous 40/1 that was freely available during the weeks building up to this monumental coup of mine and even gave warning that if he kept offering it I’d keep taking it…….He did and I did too! :lol: Ok it was my first and last bet with old ‘Victor "I’ll take that bet" Chandler’, as when

Prohibit

romped in at 7/1 on that hot sunny day back in June 2011 my account was instantly closed! He did drop the stupid advert soon after mind.Today I’m backing my old pal for one reason and one reason only…………They dont keep em in training for nothing! 8)

Prohibit

£50 e/w 33/1 Corals
    £50 e/w 25/1 Bet 365 Ascot 1,55pm

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A horse I’ve followed and frustrated over is

Pastoral Player

,he should have won this ‘Summer Mile’ last year so I’m giving him another chance at 14/1 in this years renewal.He’s not a 3/1 shot today thats vulnerable,he’s that to be placed and I’ll be well miffed if he cant at least do that.Paul Hanagan on one of Sheikh Hamdens at a short price doesn’t appeal even with Group 1 form!

Pastoral Player

£100 e/w 14/1 Bet 365 Summer Mile.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’ve been watching Hughie Morrison this month and he’s had several woeful performers getting beaten an awful long way. Just one winner, at 2/13 in a four runner race, and some horses getting beaten by distances that look like they came from Cheltenham. Seems well out of sorts at the moment.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.