The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well done Gord. I was shouting Toronado on at the top of my voice, what a race.!!

I expected

Toronado

to do that at Newmarket Nath,Kevin was too easy on my fellow in the last 100yds but his tenacity held on…Only just but its a victory! Your fellow will take him on again and could oneday reverse todays form they are 2 closely matched Group 1 horses!
    I wish I’d had the foresight to take the 90’s though!! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A year on its time again to see if TAPK has found the elusive Golden Nugget in field of Golden Nuggets! I’ve said enough about painting pictures its time for

Stubbs

to prove me right! 8)

Wow! Blown out of the water by

War command

,there’s absolutely no way

Stubbs

or anything else will reverse that form,it was an awesome performance and 10/1 about next years 2000gns wont last the length of this post!! :oops: :oops:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I was looking for a price for Sir John Hawkins in Ladbrokes this morning but the lady serving said she couldn’t find one. After what happened there I am quite glad she couldn’t get me a price!

Stubbs was bitterly disappointing there and I am astonished that Stan James are showing him at 12/1 for the Guineas, as he has drifted to 33/1 elsewhere.

Must admit I never considered War Command after he made his debut over 7f and was more prominent in the Derby betting. He didn’t look an obvious choice to drop back in trip today but he coped in astonishing fashion. I can’t see Ladbrokes standing him at 10/1 for very long.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

10/1 still there with Laddies Gord.
    Get On! :P

It’s possible they went a bit quick early. Principles at the back early, but even so to do that to what looked an up to scratch field, in a fast time… I agree, I’d be offering more like 5/1, not 10’s!

10/1 won’t last!

Value Is Everything
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Really do like the look of Mango Diva in the 535 tomorrow, well bred and beaten by 2 good horses and could win this well :-)

Burkes Rock and Two for Two are my 2 against your Stirring Ballad mate

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Trixie tomorrow to go alongside my ante post bets:

Montiridge 230
    Al Kazeem 345
    Mango Diva 535

Hopefully a good day :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Trixie tomorrow to go alongside my ante post bets:

Montiridge 230
    Al Kazeem 345
    Mango Diva 535

Hopefully a good day :-)

• Total Posts 28

A year on its time again to see if TAPK has found the elusive Golden Nugget in field of Golden Nuggets! I’ve said enough about painting pictures its time for

Stubbs

to prove me right! 8)

Wow! Blown out of the water by

War command

,there’s absolutely no way

Stubbs

or anything else will reverse that form,it was an awesome performance and 10/1 about next years 2000gns wont last the length of this post!! :oops: :oops:

Gord picks stubbs (favourite) > stubbs loses to war command > war command goes favourite > Gord selects War Command. Same old same old

• Total Posts 28

I’m guessing if/when coach house runs on strongly tomorrow winning easily you’ll put him up too?

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Boring …….

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m guessing if/when coach house runs on strongly tomorrow winning easily you’ll put him up too?

I like to let the dust settle before jumping in brightboy! :roll:

Stubbs

ballooon deflated,it hasn’t popped I think he’ll bounce back funnily enough.When Team Coolmore fancy one they go in hard and late and on course they bet in Cash,’Stubbs’ was backed by the boys in Blue yesterday and he dissapointed,I’m not making excuses for him but mark my words he’s a Group 1 horse still! :wink: I haven’t taken the 10/1 about

War Command

as for as much as that was visually impressive I’m not sure about what his future holds,he could be a Sprinter!Ladbrokes couldn’t hold on to 10/1 after that he desreves to be 8/1fav even though they kept last years winner at 16/1 after the race for a good 3 weeks! :shock: Thankfully

Stubbs

has reached a stumbling block early as there’s plenty time to redeem himself and I think he will but to reverse the form with the winner doesn’t look likely unless something surfaces for his lack-lustre performance.

Coach House

really does look like a sprinter,on paper and on Grass.You go back and hide in a darkened room brightlight and leave those with something constructive to say! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Time to play the old loyalty cards here in

Fury

and

Captain Bertie

in the Hunt cup,both definitely have place claims on their best pieces of form and I cant split them as usual.Ok I say

Fury

is the better handicapped today!

Fury

£100 e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes,

Captain Bertie

£50 e/w 33/1 Bet365 Hunt Cup.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well its been labelled the ‘King v Queen’ battle Royal and this years Gold cup proved just that.The Kings horse

Simenon

a dual winner at last years meeting against The Queens horse

Estimate

also a winner at last years meeting.TAPK had told all and sundry this was his banker of the week and had backed him at 25’s down through 16’s and into single figures,e/w of course.What a race and hats off to her Majesty,its not often the King of Foresights wrong when he’s bullish about one and my fellows done me proud………."God Save the Queen"………..

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Hughesy is having a nightmare of a Royal Ascot,yet another one of his cutting through the pack all too late but for all

Wentworth

was an unlucky loser I’ll take

Cape Peron

to beat him should they meet again,that fellow travelled like a Class horse yet again and giving the fav 6lb was no mean feat! Not a good result for those who only got 4 places Ante-Post mind! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

3 days into Royal Ascot and I’m thinking thank goodness its not Cheltenham as its a battle,had

Simenon

got his head in front yesterday it would have been time to chill out and relax instead the battle continues today.Having sung the praises of

Remote

I’m kicking myself for not getting on at 4/1 so that was a winner missed too! Today is all about Sir Henry and

Disclaimer

,I said I’d take 2/1 last week well I’ve filled my boots at 9/2 instead e/w,I just cant see him not being placed in the Queens Vase.I’ve also taken 25/1 about

Heart Focus

,there’s something I like about her and she shouldn’t be that price in the Albany.

Big Break

is my Coronation stakes filly and my getting out horse is

Baccarat

for Mr Ogden in the last! Lets see if Richard Hughes actually rides like he is capable of today as I’ve never seen a Jockey ride so badly all week! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well all the superlatives laid on

Kiyoshi

being next years 1000gns winners fine if you dont think she’s a sprinter but I’ll take

Joyeuse

to avenge that defeat over a mile anyday!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I agree Gord, Joyeuse definitely the filly to take out of the race.

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.