The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

9th May

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The only 2yo race of what looks an inspiring day of racing. The 6:10 at Catterick appears to be quite a good maiden race for this time of year.

The first rating is the raw/ estimated rating and the second is the weight adjusted rating.

Devilfishpoker Com 1 -> 1<br>Then for Tosca 69 -> 69<br>Hart of Gold 66 -> 68<br>Josr’s Magic 81 -> 83<br>Denton Hawk 64 -> 68<br>Diamond Hurricane 75 -> 79 (3lb claimer as well)<br>Cost Inheritance 51 -> 58<br>My Valerina 74 -> 81<br>The Italian Job 52 -> 59<br>Sunken Rags 62 -> 71

The first one to mention is The Italian Job who was backed like defeat was out of the question on debut and should come on for the run. Its rating of 59 leaves it with too much to find to be considered though. Josr’s magic is just the form pick but is also 2/1f and I fancy Diamond Hurricane to win this. If you include its claimer it has just 1lb to find and it should come on for its debut run. The other one I will be backing e/w is My Valerina. Its second string on jockey bookings but the jockeys usually go for the one with experience and although it will be suited by further 20/1 is a big price and it will be staying on at the end.

2pts Diamond Hurricane @ 3/1<br>1pt ew My Valerina @ 20/1

If you’re really bored or genuinely interested about how I do these ratings then post a question or a PM.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The Italian Job has something to find on the figures but shaped far better than the result suggests at Pontefract, making the running until 1f out and weakeneing and eased soon after. I have him shaping as the third best horse in the race nehind the first 2 who have won and finished second since. Catterick will suit the Italian Job much more than Pontefract at this stage of her career and she can make a bold bid.  9/1 is far too big with Hills and I’ve backed it accordingly.

Would rather it was 3/1 in a weaker race with the Duffield and Evans horses representing form already good enough to land this sort of event but I don’t think there’s much potential for them to improve on what they have already shown.  The Spencer factor has seen the Wallace horse overbet and I shall place lay that. He didn’t improve from his debut albeit possibly racing on the slowest ground on the track and that sort of form should see him at around 10’s rather than 3’s.

• Total Posts 2065

Thats a similar course of action to what I’ve done for Hart of Gold as well. I can’t see it being involved.

traynor
    • Total Posts 49

T, Dela R1, 5/9, 5 win , EXB 25, EX 51<br>T, Dela R2, 5/9, 2 win , EXB 12, EX 26<br>T, Dela R3, 5/9, 1 win , EXB 14, EX 16<br>T, Dela R4, 5/9, 5 win , EXB 56, EX 53<br>T, Dela R5, 5/9, 1 win , EXB 12, EX 13<br>T, Dela R6, 5/9, 2 win , EXB 25, EX 21<br>T, Dela R7, 5/9, 3 win , EXB 35, EX 31<br>T, Dela R8, 5/9, 7 win , EXB 17, EX 72<br>T, Dela R9, 5/9, 5 win , EXB 45, EX 52

T, PhaP R1, 5/9, 3 win , EXB 34, EX 36<br>T, PhaP R2, 5/9, 7 win , EXB 37, EX 72<br>T, PhaP R3, 5/9, 4 win , EXB 14, EX 47<br>T, PhaP R4, 5/9, 1 win , EXB 17, EX 14<br>T, PhaP R5, 5/9, 6 win , EXB 46, EX 63<br>T, PhaP R6, 5/9, 3 win , EXB 13, EX 34<br>T, PhaP R7, 5/9, 1 win , EXB 16, EX 12<br>T, PhaP R8, 5/9, 1 win , EXB 12, EX 15<br>T, PhaP R9, 5/9, 6 win , EXB 68, EX 6-10

Explanations: PhaP is Philadelphia Park (US), Dela is Delaware Park (US). Why those tracks? Watch the results for a few days and it will be crystal clear. EXB means exacta box, EX is a straight exacta.<br>Good Luck!

• Total Posts 2065

Hi traynor welcome to the forum. You’ve got me confused there though.

Hart of Gold is now just 2/1 who is backing it at that price?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Good work FSL. Though I am also claiming a moral victory:biggrin:. The money for the Wallace horse was puzzling to say the least.

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 7:16 pm on May 8, 2006[br]The only 2yo race of what looks an inspiring day of racing. The 6:10 at Catterick appears to be quite a good maiden race for this time of year.

The first rating is the raw/ estimated rating and the second is the weight adjusted rating.

Devilfishpoker Com 1 -> 1<br>Then for Tosca 69 -> 69<br>Hart of Gold 66 -> 68<br>Josr’s Magic 81 -> 83<br>Denton Hawk 64 -> 68<br>Diamond Hurricane 75 -> 79 (3lb claimer as well)<br>Cost Inheritance 51 -> 58<br>My Valerina 74 -> 81<br>The Italian Job 52 -> 59<br>Sunken Rags 62 -> 71

The first one to mention is The Italian Job who was backed like defeat was out of the question on debut and should come on for the run. Its rating of 59 leaves it with too much to find to be considered though. Josr’s magic is just the form pick but is also 2/1f and I fancy Diamond Hurricane to win this. If you include its claimer it has just 1lb to find and it should come on for its debut run. The other one I will be backing e/w is My Valerina. Its second string on jockey bookings but the jockeys usually go for the one with experience and although it will be suited by further 20/1 is a big price and it will be staying on at the end.

2pts Diamond Hurricane @ 3/1<br>1pt ew My Valerina @ 20/1

If you’re really bored or genuinely interested about how I do these ratings then post a question or a PM.<br>

ps I meant UNINSPIRING day of racing.

1st Diamond Hurricane 3/1j2f<br>2nd The Italian Job 4/1 (you were right about this one DJ)<br>3rd Sunken Rags 25/1

W/D My Valerina (Perhaps a blessing in disguise as it had drifted to 50/1 on Betfair) and no1

Profit 6pts. A very pleasing result on Hart of Gold was, predictably, unplaced.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.