The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

6:15 Hamilton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I’ve just been looking at this race and I think 6/4 is a great price for Jack Rackham. Now I know I am half bonkers and it is a 2yo race with limited form but Jack Rackhams form is miles above anything elses. Howards Tipple is likely to need the run, Steelcut won’t be good enough and whilst New Destiny and Nufoudh look decent, it is going to have to be a great effort to win this on debut. The price will be too short for some but what do people think about its chances?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Not sure I’d be in a hurry to back him at 6/4 considering he looks ready for 6f now. Mood Music made a pleasing start at Bath when chasing home Alternative in a race where a couple that finished behind him have come out to finish second in decent events.

The Johnston horse also has to be taken seriously as a half-brother to Pipalong and it would be no surprise to see that in the shake up. The Nifty Fox looks likely to prove better of an easier track.

At the prices I’d rather be with Mood Music. The yard did well with the 2yo’s last year (scored with this fellas half-brother Memphis Man) and got off the mark yesterday and he can put his experience to good use and show too much speed for Jack Rackham.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Have actually just had a word for Johnston’s runner, Noufough. Hard to see him beating a horse with 2 runs that has gotten so close both times though. And obv. no EW value at 3/1!!! Reverse FC looks the best bet IMO.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Pity EC, I could have saved you some money!!!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’m just pulling your leg EC. I agree that the form going into the race was superior to Mood Music’s. However for me there was no way that Jack Rackham was going to be able to improve on his Pontefract effort kept at 5f. There was a chance he wouldn’t need to I guess but I fancied the O’Neill horse to come on a fair bit for his debut.

Keep up these threads though, especially the 2-yo’s which I’m following closely. Very interesting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.