The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

6.45 Sedgefield…

Home Forums Horse Racing 6.45 Sedgefield…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

How Rose Davidson (?) hasn’t managed to take advantage of Tom O’Brien’s near fall at the last I’ll never know, but there looked to be more chance of an amended result than a Man United penalty at Old Trafford.

Yet the stewards did nothing.

Miss Davidson is clearly a few leagues below O’Brien in terms of jockeyship (she was still motionless, and two lengths down, when landing after the last) but even I could see that the interference had a marked affect on the result. Rayshan had all of the momentum and looked set to easily pass Contact Dancer, before the matter in question. Whether O’Brien had the whip in the right hand or not the result is not an accurate reflection.

As it happens I backed the winner to very small stakes, but the decision to let things stand looks barmy to me.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Having not seen the race in question LGR, I had to give the missus her soap hour and with the match starting soon I think it was worth the sacrifice. But I do feel very strongly about this subject. It seems a Jockey would have to pull out a chainsaw and start slashing at the other horse for the British Stewards to amend a result.<br>I emailed the racing post about the non disqualification of Ad Valorem at Ascot which to me was down right dangerous riding by Fallon, a few other individuals also emailed into the RP on the same subject, and all were printed on the same day on the RP Letters page, which prompted the stewards secretary to reply to the RP and say that they were reviewing the whole procedure of rule (someting) regarding the disqualification of horses.<br>It seems they have done absoluetly nothing.

" If there is any doubt whatsoever that the result of the race might have been affected the sinned against horse should get the race everytime".

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

If the favourite wins they don’t amend the result if it comes second they do.

<br>See the incident in the sales race over in Ireland last year for proof of this.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I just checked it out on the ATR website, and I have to say that I saw nothing to suggest that a British steward would have amended the result. As has already been stated, the stewards here are particularly shy in changing results, and really all Tom O’Brien himself did wrong was allow the horse to drift, and if he can stop that whilst practically at it’s undercarriage then he is even better than people say!

Rayshan also looked very one-paced and never really likely to get up past a horse that stayed well; perhaps due to Miss Davidson, perhaps not.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Just watched it myself on ATR Website, there was  contact, so without the benefit of head on, I cant say for certain whether the Stewards bottled it again. Personnaly from what I saw I think the stewards were right on this occasion, but too many times the stewards hide behind their stupid rules.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from LetsGetRacing on 7:20 pm on May 1, 2007[br]How Rose Davidson (?) hasn’t managed to take advantage of Tom O’Brien’s near fall at the last I’ll never know, but there looked to be more chance of an amended result than a Man United penalty at Old Trafford.

Yet the stewards did nothing.

Miss Davidson is clearly a few leagues below O’Brien in terms of jockeyship (she was still motionless, and two lengths down, when landing after the last) but even I could see that the interference had a marked affect on the result. Rayshan had all of the momentum and looked set to easily pass Contact Dancer, before the matter in question. Whether O’Brien had the whip in the right hand or not the result is not an accurate reflection.

As it happens I backed the winner to very small stakes, but the decision to let things stand looks barmy to me.<br>

Couldn’t disagree more, if I’d ridden the second there’s no way I could genuinely have argued that I would have won without the interfence. Thought it was clear cut the result should stand although there was one at Southwell in the afternoon were the result was surprisingly reversed for minimal interference.<br>What a great ride by O’Brien though.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

I’ve just watched the replay of Apex’s race,it’s no wonder we have so little faith in the stewards.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from Grey Desire on 9:40 am on May 2, 2007[br]I’ve just watched the replay of Apex’s race,it’s no wonder we have so little faith in the stewards.

Wrong decision imo and interesting to see that there is no official report on the HRA website of this incident; also interesting that Hadden Frost had been called in by the stewards both earlier in the day (for failing to arrive on time) and for his previous ride on Apex when he was banned for two days for allowing the horse to drift right. Was this meant to be a lesson for the youngster?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.