The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 766 through 782 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

Trip just looking back at horses i put up to follow last season some of them not do to bad here.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Nice performance from Wind Chimes at Chantilly today. Owned by Smith, Magnier etc but trained by Andre Fabre the Mastercraftsman filly was making her debut on the all weather over six and a half furlongs.

Travelling ominously well, it was always just a question of whether she would find as much as looked likely. In the end she found plenty and cleared away to score comfortably by three and a half lengths at nice odds of just over 3/1.

She looked very useful but it’s always hard to know with these contests for unraced horses.

Replay to follow.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Trip just looking back at horses i put up to follow last season some of them not do to bad here.

You did very well there Darren especially with Cracksman spot on :good:
    Crowned Eagle ran some terrific races without actually winning, I got a good each way returns for him last run but would have loved to have seen him win a Group race.

I’m still compiling a small list of 2yo’s that have made an impression on me this year mainly from what I have seen when they have run at Newmarket and looking forward to seeing them develop and come out in 2018.

Five colts and five fillies in alphabetic order.

Taking a chance that Tajaanus will spring back from her final defeat but feel that she had gone over the top and needed the rest. She will strip fitter in 2018.

Just chosen one colt and one filly from Coolmores very strong string as AOB has so many hopefuls for 2018, the list would be endless…let me know your thoughts Darren.

I’ll be keeping an eye on these and marking in their progress as and when they appear in 2018 and might add one or two that I have forgotten..best of luck.. :good:

Colts
    ELARQAM (Frankel-Attraction) – Efisio
    GHAIYYATH (Dubawi-Nightime) – Galileo
    HERCULEAN (Frankel-African Rose) – Observatory
    KENYA (Galileo-Tender Morn) Dayjur
    ROARING LION (Kitten’s Joy – Vionett) Street Sense

Fillies
    ALTYN ORDA (Kyllachy-Albanka) – Giant’s Causeway)
    BYE BYE BABY (Galileo – Remember When) – Danehilll Dancer
    SOLILOQUY (Dubawi-Dysphonia) – Lonhro
    TAJAANUS (Arcano-Rayaheen) – Nayef
    VITAMIN (Camelot-True Verdict) – Danehill Dancer

All of them have one thing in common…a very strong fighting spirit and determination to get
    their head in front..something to look forward too. :yes: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

John Gosden’s Highgarden went largely under the radar last Saturday, as Aidan’s world record for Group 1’s took up the headlines. There could be a lot more to come from this filly though.

A daughter of Nathaniel, she was favourite for her debut race over a mile on soft ground at Newbury.

Running in brown colours, with yellowish sleeves and an orange she travels comfortably the whole way in the middle of the field in terms of width and depth. Once the race begins in earnest she starts to come through as jockeys begin to shake their mounts up and she takes up the running, forging on to clear away by two and a half lengths. It was by no means a hard ride she was given and she won readily.

Perhaps her action suggests that some give may be preferable but she looks a fairly assured stayer who should progress next year and win some nice races. Rated only 81 for now but better surely lies ahead.

You can watch her here:-

Highgarden

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/3/75805/

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

John Gosden kept her under wraps didn’t he Steve? Very nice maiden win and possible Nell Gwyn contender for next season when the ground usually has some cut which seems to suit all Nathaniel bred horses.
    Good luck with her :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

David Simcock introduced a good winner in Lady Of Shalott at Yarmouth last week. 50/1 in the morning to 12’s suggested it was not unexpected either. :good:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

As promised, the video of Wind Chimes winning at Chantilly on Monday:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2999/

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Steve, does that TDN site carry all replays? It let me download a PDF of today’s edition without having a subscription. What do you get when you subscribe?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Wind chimes and Highgarden both very impressive. I bet we see Highgarden in the same Newbury conditions race that Enable and Shutter Speed ran in…….

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Steve, does that TDN site carry all replays? It let me download a PDF of today’s edition without having a subscription. What do you get when you subscribe?

I have never subscribed Joe, so I don’t know.

The site sometimes features “Rising Stars” and the replays for them can appear quite soon after a race. Otherwise it’s a case of waiting to download the latest edition (European version) and looking for UK/French summary and hoping to find the race you are after.

It does seem reasonably good at listing replays/results for relevant 2yo 3yo races in UK/France and for Irish Racing there is At The Races replays.

There is a replay search on TDN but it seems very flaky.

The Jockey Club replays are very limited because of copyright issues but sometimes there are races on Youtube, however it can be far from easy finding them and sometimes you need to use creative thinking to find the videos eg sometimes a string of characters including the date of the race as one continuous string can pull the race up.

Ze Turf is awkward because you sometimes find the race replays on the site without the need to log in, but to watch them live you need to register and log in. They then have the habit of moving the race replays several hours after the race, as if it has been moved to an archive that the original link no longer brings up.

For me it’s a question of mixing and matching to find a suitable link that readers of The Racing Forum can use.

I’ve always been able to download the editions of TDN without a subscription. The PDF’s are pretty advertising heavy, so I guess they make the money there and can offer it free.

I wish there were one free site that covered all replays but it just doesn’t seem that way Joe.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

David Simcock introduced a good winner in Lady Of Shalott at Yarmouth last week. 50/1 in the morning to 12’s suggested it was not unexpected either. :good:

Very nice performance there Botchy. Thanks for pointing her out.

Lady Of Shalott earned a very similar mark to the Gosden filly on 79.

It was a very cosy win as the Camelot filly came away for hand riding only. With a real daisy cutting action she should be suited by faster ground and she does have the frame of a horse who will train on well at 3YO. I will be keeping an eye on her for sure.

For those who missed the race (Like I did) the video is here.

http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-replay-popup/VOD/1014420

Really taking performance and she did her best work in the final furlong.

Cheers Botchy/

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Lovely debut today by Toujours, a 2yo Galileo filly trained by Andre Fabre for Coolmore.
    Coolmore seem to have a few nice 2yos in France this year, including the aforementioned Wind Chimes, also the two Camelot colts, King of Camelot with Fabre and King of Leogrance with Rouget.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Thanks, Steve. I usually use the jockey club site or Sporting Life but another standby would have been good.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7845

Trip put horses to follow at end of the month in other 2yo summary thread

And like Roaring Lion in terms of colts not sure about Herculean not that often Charlton has classic horses i like KENYA to he in my AOB darkhorses but not put him in final list as mine be maidens or maiden winner like last year so good luck with them trip

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Lovely debut today by Toujours, a 2yo Galileo filly trained by Andre Fabre for Coolmore.
    Coolmore seem to have a few nice 2yos in France this year, including the aforementioned Wind Chimes, also the two Camelot colts, King of Camelot with Fabre and King of Leogrance with Rouget.

This is Toujours’ race replay:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/3000/

It looked quite hard work for them on that ground and the winner has done well staying on strongly on her first racecourse appearance. She should comfortably get a mile and a half next year. I would say she would be better going for the Epsom Oaks as the Prix Diane may be a bit sharp.

No rating so far from the Racing Post for Toujours but Wind Chimes earned an obviously very tentative 85 for her win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 373

This is Toujours’ race replay:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/3000/

It looked quite hard work for them on that ground and the winner has done well staying on strongly on her first racecourse appearance. She should comfortably get a mile and a half next year. I would say she would be better going for the Epsom Oaks as the Prix Diane may be a bit sharp.

No rating so far from the Racing Post for Toujours but Wind Chimes earned an obviously very tentative 85 for her win.

Thanx, both. Looked very capable Toujours.

Best Wishes
    Silk

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

As promised, the video of Wind Chimes winning at Chantilly on Monday:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2999/

Wind Chimes
    was back in action at Chantilly today. The Prix Herod is a late season Listed Race over 7F that doesn’t seem of much significance in general but La Cressonniere won it in 2015 before going on to land the French 1000 Guineas and Oaks the following year.

I expected Wind Chimes to be odds-on today, so I had to be interested at just short of 2/1, with odds of 19/10 on offer, which seemed good value compare to Bristol De Mai in the Betfair Chase for example.

In the race itself, Wind Chimes got a bump leaving the stalls and posted the leaders a handy start. As the race then unfolded she looked to have plenty to do from where she was. In the end it was of no consequence, as she travelled through and claimed the lot of them, before easily coming away to destroy the field by 3 and a half lengths, with the same distance back to the third horse.

Wind Chimes hit the line with ears pricked, just as La Cressonniere did in her year. The ground was very soft but to me she looks to have a flowing action and doesn’t run as if she needs mud. I think she looks an excellent prospect.

The video can be seen here:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/3031/

Wind Chimes is in the familiar Coolmore mob colours of purple and white on the far right of the screen and makes a big impression dispatching her field with ease. It was easy money and Fabre has had a handful of promising 2yos this back-end, with another winning debutante in Magny Cours on the card, and a highly promising 3rd from Nathaniel filly Bells Linn in the later 1M Polytrack races for unraced horses.

I would imagine that Wind Chimes will be aimed at the French 1000 Guineas if deemed good enough but there are no odds for her anywhere, as was the case with La Cressonniere after her win in the race.

Viewing 17 posts - 766 through 782 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.