The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 681 through 697 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Someone please make a comment on horse racing.

Shall I say the 10 to follow comp could be the best yet Ginge so I hope you and Steve just get on with what you do best and stop acting like I used too. :rose:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

No need to get down Mark or Steve. Just focus on what you are both brilliant at – spotting good horses and tipping winners.

Fascinating couple of days at Newmarket and some strange results. Looking at the 1,000 Guineas betting you now have a 16-1 favourite!! It seems ripe for something to come from left field although I must admit I was impressed by Roly Poly today. She raced up with a pace that was far too much for Queen Kindly and stayed on in the style of a filly who will certainly get at least 7f. At the moment she would be my best bet as she is also ultra-consistent and seems to be still improving.

I can’t see anything from the Royal Lodge or Middle Park being competitive in the Guineas and still think we are awaiting a proper mile performance from a proper miler. Hopefully the Dewhurst will provide that.

Overall though a combination of ultra quick ground and a howling wind makes the form look suspect.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Shall I say the 10 to follow comp could be the best yet Ginge so I hope you and Steve just get on with what you do best and stop acting like I used too. :rose:

He’s ALIVE!!!…………..He’s ALIIIIVVVVEEEE!!!!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Thanks Gord, thought I’d never laugh again. 😆
    If we’ve brought you back then it’s all been worth it.
    Missed you. :rose:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

No need to get down Mark or Steve. Just focus on what you are both brilliant at – spotting good horses and tipping winners.

Fascinating couple of days at Newmarket and some strange results. Looking at the 1,000 Guineas betting you now have a 16-1 favourite!! It seems ripe for something to come from left field although I must admit I was impressed by Roly Poly today. She raced up with a pace that was far too much for Queen Kindly and stayed on in the style of a filly who will certainly get at least 7f. At the moment she would be my best bet as she is also ultra-consistent and seems to be still improving.

I can’t see anything from the Royal Lodge or Middle Park being competitive in the Guineas and still think we are awaiting a proper mile performance from a proper miler. Hopefully the Dewhurst will provide that.

Overall though a combination of ultra quick ground and a howling wind makes the form look suspect.

Funnily enough Joni, I was thinking pretty much the same exact same thing.
    Although am not really in the right frame of mind to concentrate on racing, so might not be thinking straight.
    Seems strange that unlike most Ballydoyle 2 year olds, Roly Poly appears under-estimated. Have they got many Guineas fillies, is she likely to roll up at Newmarket? imo Would’ve won quite easily had she not chased the pace. Steve was right, unfortunate not to get the win.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 373

I would like both SteveCaution and Gingertipster to keep posting on TRF, you are both needed and certainly your difference in opinion is needed.
    If You think one is pissing, step to a side. Do not get wet.

Best Wishes
    Silk

Titus Oates
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

Back on the horses …

If there was a Guineas filly on display today @ Newmarket it was surely Talaayeb – very impressive. Second dam (Sayadir) is the dam of Ghanaati (by Giant’s Causeway), and this performance reminded me of her a little. I also liked the look of the second. The dam Rumoush may have run in the Park Hill and won the Feilden but Talaayeb looks a likely Guineas/Oaks filly to me.

By contrast, the Cheveley Park was a muddle –the fractions posted on C4’s Twitter feed (and the visuals) suggest that Lady A went too fast in furlongs 2 & 3, especially given the wind. She ran out of petrol, leaving the two War Front fillies to stay on for a head-bobbing finish. Not sure that I can see War Front’s winning the 1000 … Lady A though surely needs to stick to 5f, rather than the 6 of the Commonwealth Cup, in which she’d be vulnerable to a strongly finishing colt.

As for the Middle Park – I’m struggling to see how this race is still worthy of Group I status. Leaving aside last year’s winner, Shalaa (who hasn’t run since but who I did think was a proper Group 1 horse) it’s back to Oasis Dream (in 2002) to find a real Group 1 horse as the winner, and from there it’s back to Rodrigo (1991) to a Guineas horse. I know they are trying to rebadge it as the Autumn Group 1 for 2yo colts who are going on to be 3yo sprinters, but this year’s renewal looked like a Group 2 at best to me.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

There are so many options for 2yos that the middle park doesn’t seem to attract the best. The winner won on merit but form doesn’t stack up to me. May be doing a disservice to the winner but doubt he is a future top 3yo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I wouldn’t write off the second in that Newmarket maiden, Neshmeya. I know she’s very highly regarded by her trainer.

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 703

From Bloodhorse website:

Lady Aurelia will return to the United States for some time off at co-owner Stonestreet Farm near Lexington after a scope following her first defeat in the Sept. 24 Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) revealed she bled.

“It was a head-scratcher and disappointing,” Ward told England’s Press Association about the loss, “but when we got back to the barn, the vet scoped her and she ended up having bled with a score of three out of five, which, in a group I, is enough to get you beat, probably. … At least it’s a bit of an answer as to the reason why she didn’t kick on that last little bit of the race.”

I guess we just have to hope that we get to see that blistering pace again next year; but there must be a great probability that she will stay in the States to take advantage of the availabilty of Lasix to help her bleeding problem.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

BHA handicapper’s weekend review

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/2yos-blog-special/

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

What are your views on Royal Lodge and Beresford while CAPRI not impressive for some i think on better ground he improve even more i like to see him put away for season but feel they go for Doncaster

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I think there is a very good chance that Frankel will have his first group one winner this Sat with Toulifaut in the Prix Marcel Boussac.

There are some hot fillies in here but she’s got a very fast stride pattern and is bred to stay well. It will take a very good performance to beat her.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

Promise to be true could be a big player. Aiden has a very good record in the boussac and if she over what ailed her last time will go close.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Promise to be true could be a big player. Aiden has a very good record in the boussac and if she over what ailed her last time will go close.

I don’t think that was a very good race although Brave Anna has come out and won the Cheveley park. It was disappointing how little promise to be true picked up in the straight.Yes she might be a big player in this because you can hardly discount O’Brien but sometimes you get a sense of destiny about a race. Did she have some kind of illness that you are aware of?

You can also hardly discount Dabyah who was brilliant at Newbury last time and the Godolphin fillies if they line up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Must admit she ran very flat in the Moyglare and as O’brien was going through a bad patch at the time she might well have been carrying a virus.

You’re right O’Brien does have a great record in the Boussac over the years having won 4 out of the last 11 runnings. Based on that you imagine his policy is to send his best two year old filly there (or at worst second best.)

This is toufilaut’s last win which was probably more workmanlike than her second run: https://youtu.be/neXgVlRhcjk

If the presenter at the start could be snapped up by ITV I think the viewing figures would go through the roof :rose:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Judge who is that presenter what is her name.My fave French female was Mellisa Theraui a french newsreader simply stunning

Back to the horses was a decent maiden on saturday where Barney Red won for Hannon but i like the 3rd more who is
    CROWNED EAGLE was 3rd and still green but way he finish was very taking by him he in notebook for end of year he is

Viewing 17 posts - 681 through 697 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.