The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2nd day fallers @ cheltenham

Home Forums Horse Racing 2nd day fallers @ cheltenham

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

as usual chanel 4 are only telling people how vthe jockeys are any news on the horses there been some horrible looking falls so far Citizen vic in the RSA did not look good !!!

• Total Posts 1982

as usual chanel 4 are only telling people how vthe jockeys are any news on the horses there been some horrible looking falls so far Citizen vic in the RSA did not look good !!!

Hard to tell how the horses are. A jockey getting straight back up is usually a good sign. A horse can get up and still have to pay the ultimate price, yet stay down and only be winded.

These things can take a little time and I’m sure C4 will inform us on the wellbeing of Citizen Vic and any other horse, for that matter.

Concentrate on the winning connections first, then inform us on the fate of the remaining horses.

• Total Posts 79

It was obvious from the camera shot which unavoidably kept him in sight longer than the programme controllers would have probably preferred that there was unlikely to be good news on Citizen Vic. I would have guessed neck or spinal injury. :(

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I was standing close to the second last fence and Citizen Vic fell directly beside me. Sadly, he died instantly and that soured what should have been an enjoyable day. I didn’t have the stomach for any more punting after that.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Channel 4 rightly waited until they were sure of their facts before announcing the death of citizen Vic which they did beofre the last race. In fairness to C4, who do a very good job in my opinion, despite what some think on this forum- I like them, they do wait until they are sure usually before announcing a fatality; especially now having eroneously announced the death of Knowhere yesterday when it was in fact Casey Jones. Fair play to them that they admitted they had got it wrong and corrected it before they went off air.

sovies friend
    Participant
    • Total Posts 71

Any news of the days other fallers ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.