2019 Ballymore Novice Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 2019 Ballymore Novice Hurdle

This topic contains 72 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by KevMc KevMc 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1088

I backed Champ for this at 10s before the off.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

One of the worst grade 1s ever run. Nearly as bad as the previous years renewal. Champ may well be decent but I wouldn’t be backing him for anything on the basis of winning the challow. Shouldn’t really be a grade 1

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Tornado Flyer v Battleoverdoyen look like they will meet in the Grade 1 at Naas on Sunday; this should tell you who will be the top Irish horse in this market. Battleoverdoyen has had a boost to his form with Active Force winning at Limerick over Xmas and Tornado Flyer has had a boost with Cuneo winning the Pertemps qualifier in Leopardstown over Xmas.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1066

Both my bets for this turning up on Sunday against Tornado Flyer, very much looking forward to the race and watching Doyen or Fleet coming over the line first.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Actually a great race tomorrow at Naas. The form of BOD and TF’s maidens have been franked but there are other good improving horses thrown in here for good measure; the winner of this race will likely be up there with Champ this time tomorrow. Mullins is quietly confident about Tornado Flyer in his blog

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Battleoverdoyen now 13/2 for Ballymore.
    Makes 0 appeal to me whatsoever. He’s won a grade 1 but tornado flyer clearly didn’t run it’s race and was it’s main competition. It’s been all out to win by 2 and half lengths and they weren’t strung out the home straight I think the first 5 all finished within 6/7 lengths of the winner. Doesn’t screen ballymore winner to me

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2603

I agree – it looked a mediocre event and they seemed to dawdle during the middle third. Also, the winner’s Navan form is poor.

I’d rather back Jarveys Plate at more than three times the odds.

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 351

Seemingly something amiss with TF after running like that, hopefully they rectify any problem quickly so he can still compete at Cheltenham. He looked highly promising before today so would be a shame if such a young horse was injured.

Battleoverdoyen needs to be tested properly if he’s going to win anything at the festival.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1924

Raw and very green it was a good performance. It wasn’t breathtaking and TF pulling up takes the gloss off the performance.

I would agree his current price is mental considering how raw he still looks.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1066

Thought he done it well myself, even if the form in between can be questioned. He was pretty green but i’d hope he would have learnt a lot today and will come on a tonne for it.
    Hopefully see him at Leopardstown in the 2m 6F race to get some more experience before the Fez.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

I think tidal flow will win nicely tomorrow but surely you have to be on downtown getaway for this and not tidal flow based on their meeting. Downtown getaway looks like it’s got loads of potential and we just scratched the surface. But does it come here or go to Albert Bartlett given that Henderson has champ for this?

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

FInd it hilarious how some bookies have shortened birchdale into 6/1!!!! IMO he would not have won, but regardless 6/1?! Must be a joke lol

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Birchdale has made up a couple lengths and was almost upsides when the other horse fell. Ok inclined to think it would have won anyway. And it was kept pretty wide the whole race typically by ‘scenic route’ geraghty. Seemed to be caressed into it. Think there’s a lot more to come but I agree 6/1 is too short for that

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Also ham where are you getting 6/1 Birchdale? Lol it’s 20/1 mate

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

Corals, hills all shortened him to 6/1 after the race and hes slowly drifted right back out, some never budged from 14s+ i was just having a pop at those who put him in at 6/1 lol

Corals still have 8/1… numpties

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.