The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2019-20 Ante Post Comp – Selections From 16 February Onwards

Home Forums Racing Competitions 2019-20 Ante Post Comp – Selections From 16 February Onwards

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1474

Pat also does the Saturday big handicap race and none was put up for this Saturday, hope he’s well.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9962

Handicap competition due to end 4th July Neil so bit of a worry.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

Perhaps you could continue this seasons Ante Post Comp until july 20th, maybe pat will be back by then?

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17608

Ista, there doesn’t appear to be much interest, but I’ll run it for one season, starting Monday.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22219

I’m happy to play if it goes again
    never been much interest in this one, which is a shame

Member since March 2008
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

Good man bobby

• Total Posts 17608

No probs Ista, hope you enjoy it

Yeah Nath, never quite understood that myself, but if I’m being honest, I’ll settle for similar this season lol

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 298

I sure hope Pat is okay, seems strange for him to be gone for so long, especially with racing back.

I like the Ante Post Comp and will support it if you run it Bobby. It was hard to get excited about when we didn’t get scoring updates (no disrespect at all to Pat). I’m sure it’s a monster to manage.

• Total Posts 17608

The scoring will be regular Alien, and not tempting fate (famous last words lol) but looks quite straightforward to manage.

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2674

I’d be up for it again too VTC. Think this is the only one I’m any good at of the comps.

I think I’d have done ok this year with a few recent winners since the last update

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9962

I’ll have a go Bobby but rubbish at Ante Post betting.

If you wouldn’t mind highlighting the latest day before the race when the AP bet has to be in that would be helpful to me as I often find I’ve missed it. :wacko:

Thanks for taking over and hope that Pat will get in touch and isn’t poorly.
    Got to know him so well over the years a great competition fan. :rose:

• Total Posts 17608

Cheers Jac, I was thinking about doing that, but I’d be worried about making a mistake. Should be ok with the 48hrs Decs across the board on the flat.

I’ll try to keep people updated for jumps races.

Good man MoM, hopefully a few more winners this year.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9962

:good: Thanks Bobby don’t give yourself extra work. What I really meant was…
    If you go AP for a horse running on the Saturday is Wednesday up to 12.00 midnight the deadline or is it Tuesday?
    I can never work it out…Jac

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1474

Been giving it some thought myself, but unless I’ve had a bet myself in the race wouldn’t know which ones was balloted out. Was also thinking of unlimited selections per race as more is a disadvantage. Pat also let extra places count and I was going to include them but details of bookmakers had to be included along with their prices but not non runner no bet rules as it’s only a competition for fun.

• Total Posts 17608

Jac, deadline is usually 10am either 24 hours or 48 hours before the race, so for Saturday races it’ll be Thursday 10am for Flat, and Thursday or Friday 10am for Jumps.

Neil, obviously the extra places will count, I didn’t mention that as I thought it was a given, as was mentioning bookmakers.

I’ll deal with the ballots, it’s not a problem, it’ll only be an issue occasionally.

NRNB will definitely apply.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.