The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Thyestes 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Thyestes 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1485

Thanks for the link. As ive convinced myself Presenting Percy isn’t a grade 1 3 mile horse that plan may change lol. :bye:

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3478

Same here Mike, could do with Monalee stuffing him in 10 days time now. :unsure:

Had a bet on Mall Dini @ 12’s for this now.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

I’m quite happy – had reckless all-in-run-or-not bets on Mall Dini and Presenting Percy ante-post for those specific races. Just getting there with two runners will feel like a victory.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1485

Presenting Percy is going for a grade 2 or a grade 3 next apparently so unlikely we will see him in that Monalee race.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3478

I hope they both do the bizz for you LS. Be a shock if neither of them get a win from now on, just where is the hard bit :yes:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2314

Jack, I would love to bet the O’Brien horse after Leapordstown, but can he build on that?

Good point, on the Obrien horse…you’d hope he could build on it, but we wont find out now until next weekend as he skips tomorrow!

Will await Decs and make final opinions…..Genie is currently likeliest choice.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17046

Final Line Up…………..

Champagne West
    A Genie In A Bottle
    Ucello Conti
    Pleasant Company
    Sumos Novios
    Thunder and Roses
    Monbeg Notorious
    Flaxen Flare
    Isleofhopeanddreams
    Wounded Warrior
    Woods Well
    Call The Taxie
    Fine Theatre
    Out Sam
    Space Cadet

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2314

Certainly an interesting booking on Out Sam….He’s been a sea of blue all week on oddschecker…but i see him shortening even more…considering Elliots record in these handicap chases, it’s pretty telling. He’s running off less than Total Recall did when hosing up earlier in the season…and i remember Ruby saying how difficult it is for a horse to give so much weight to these types of runners….

As much as i am worried about him, i will stick with Genie, and possibly add Monbeg Notorious to my bets…however, the latter is a very tentative selection at this stage.

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’ve backed two here which are both popular on here: Monbeg Notorious (7/1) and Sumos Novios (12/1). Both seem to have plenty going for them so here’s hoping they put in a clean round.

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 803

Champagne West @ 14/1.

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

As an each way play to 5 places A Genie In A Bottle really looks like something to bet on.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 269

Tough looking race,case can be made for many of these on various formlines.

Various headgear being tried on several,including the top one, if he arrives in the same form as last year,will take a good one to go by.

The pin has landed on Wounded Warrior

Known affectionately as “crossword” in the yard,his form figures show a significant preference for letters,rather than numbers.

Ran in this race last year,respectable 6th off 152.his mark since has been in freefall,tomorrow he runs off 134,and gets the help of another 7lb off from the claimer.

Been tried in blinkers recently,the cheekpieces he wore in last years renewal are back on.

The other slim evidence offered is his record in January…..1,4,1,2 and 6th here last year.

His most recent run offered a little encouragement,run style will be everything tomorrow,if he,s dropped out early I will know my fate quickly,best form when up with the pace.

In the faint hope that a 7 week break can change the nickname to “Lazarus”,small play ew first 4.

GL ALL

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

I just had a quick scan and Sumos Novios looks like a good each way proposition. 12/1 four places looks fair.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6679

I think that UCELLO CONTI has the right credentials to win this, but I must
    admit I’m a bit thrown by the jockey booking of Liam McKenna. I don’t know
    a great deal about him, I do recall he was a conditional jockey with Harry Fry
    for a bit a few years back, and won on Unowhatimeanharry on his first outing
    for Fry. I’ve just checked his record since, and it doesn’t make for pretty
    reading, which is why he still has his 7lb allowance. I’d have been a darned
    sight happier if James Bowen or even Denis O’Regan had been given the leg up.
    Jack Kennedy would have been even better, but obviously he takes one of the
    Gigginstown lot. He was, apparently, the best fancied of Elliot’s lot until
    Bowen was brought in for Out Sam. The booking arrangements wouldn’t suggest
    that now :unsure:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2314

I think that UCELLO CONTI has the right credentials to win this, but I must
    admit I’m a bit thrown by the jockey booking of Liam McKenna. I don’t know
    a great deal about him, I do recall he was a conditional jockey with Harry Fry
    for a bit a few years back, and won on Unowhatimeanharry on his first outing
    for Fry. I’ve just checked his record since, and it doesn’t make for pretty
    reading, which is why he still has his 7lb allowance. I’d have been a darned
    sight happier if James Bowen or even Denis O’Regan had been given the leg up.
    Jack Kennedy would have been even better, but obviously he takes one of the
    Gigginstown lot. He was, apparently, the best fancied of Elliot’s lot until
    Bowen was brought in for Out Sam. The booking arrangements wouldn’t suggest
    that now :unsure:

The jockey booking probably has something to do with carrying 11 13…Elliot is quoted as saying the horse is its own worst enemy in that it runs well very often. So he is probably hinting at his mark being slightly too high, and therefore hes thrown a 7pd claimer on his back to negate some of that mark and weight. He was at least 2nd on this horse at Christmas on his seasonal reappearance.

Don’t fancy the horse myself, but maybe some reasons as to the jockey booking!

I am willing to take 15/2 on Genie, with 365 in the 4 places 1/4 odds market.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.