2017 Wokingham

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 2017 Wokingham

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4561

I hope Harry runs after running so well today!! :good: :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4561

I have added EASTERN IMPACT to my portfolio for this at 16/1. He got a good word from Fahye earlier in the week and seems to have a decent draw too. IMO he will love the ground too!!

Just a word for Out Do who could run well at a big price!! :good:

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’ll do some more work on this in the morning but at first glance Buckstay does look laid out for this and hasn’t gone unbacked at 20s with Hills.

St Nicholas AbbeySt Nicholas Abbey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

I stuck a bit on Squats. Maybe it’s my guilty conscience calling me to do some exercise…

thejudge1thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Projection for me.

Chivers1987Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 888

Projection should go close, he travelled well at Newmarket but just wasn’t fit enough to go on. Trainer and jockey combo working well this year with Atty Persse striking a couple of days ago here.

One at a price for me is Steady Pace. Steadily improving as a sprinter and had a good campaign in Dubai, finishing close behind Final Venture on a few occasions. Showed promise at 2 but never really got into gear as a 3 year old, being tried at 5,6,7 & 8 furlongs.
    Josie Gordon gets the ride and I fancy she could still have a big win for the ladies at this meeting.

Projection & Steady Pace each way 8/1 & 20/1

okjoe57okjoe57
    Participant
    • Total Posts 189

Flabbergasted this morning to see that Timeform have tipped my first choice, Danzeno. He was a beaten favourite 4 times last year which is somewhat off-putting but I can’t forget the wild but talented Danzeno of 2 or 3 years ago. Fingers Xd for a good run

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2556

Certificate at 20/1 each way

viktors89viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Buckstay 20-1 EW
    Edward Lewis 14-1 WIN

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Out do and danzeno at the prices…. will be laying the front 2

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I’ve had more of a look now and have added to my Buckstay bet. Projection (17/2) and Raucous (11/1) both seem likely winners to me. They’re drawn stand side and the generous feeling is that is the place to be. They have similar profiles and I believe they will relish this test. It would be folly not to have something drawn low just in case therefore, Steady Pace (22/1) looks to be an under-the-radar type. He had cracking form at 2 and is feasibly handicapped to run a good race on ground he likes.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Disappointed that Big Time didn’t make it, as he was one of my 2 main fancies for the meeting, but more than happy to try again.

I’m really keen on Projection now, but a bit short for me for this type of prize, but I’ve bet him to cover stakes.

In the end I’ve went for Squats 28’s, and G Force 33’s, both each way 6 places.

GL all

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Out do and danzeno at the prices…. will be laying the front 2

Great call Out Do ham.

Looked a bookies benefit result.

People backing Raucous at 11/2 should be checking into the local asylum this evening.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Birchwood had decent early speed but he looks like a shadow of himself. This was last chance saloon at huge odds. I can’t fathom people who back at single figure odds in races like this. There is no value at all there.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4561

WELL DONE HAM !! :good: :good:
    Sneaked a bit of 33/1 myself :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.