2017 King George V Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 2017 King George V Stakes

This topic contains 27 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 2 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 324

A tough race, the first two in the betting are criminally short.

I was having a look at Good Omen. His trip to Meydan didn’t work out but he has found the winning thread and showed some early promise last year. He has a highish draw though and Simcock just landed the previous race, so what odds a double at a meeting like this. Oh well, I can’t leave him at 20/1 for a sporting shot.

Good Omen 20/1

Was on Good Omen as well and a bit dissapointed at the way he was ridden, but well, that’s what can happen when Spencer rides. I do think he’s worth another shot, especially if the ground is soft. :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

My first (and probably only) favourite in a handicap this week: Atty Persse.

Group horse in a handicap

SPOT ON MOM WELL DONE !!!! :good: :good:

Cheers bud

Cracking day for me

LostSoldier3
    LostSoldier3
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

Good call MOM.

Bit of a frustrating one for me psychologically. I remember watching the Spring Cup and thinking “how on earth did he win that?” My initial reaction was to be very impressed, but people around me were moaning about how their horse was unlucky and how Atty Persse was a very lucky winner. I think I just internalised all that without doing the critical thinking and/or trusting my first instinct.

As it happens, Atty Persse looks like an absolute weapon now. Don’t think he would have been a million miles away in the Derby with that sort of performance, which is ironic given Godolphin ran everything bar the stable cat and Atty Persse!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

Great call MOM – very impressive. You AND the horse!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8297

Great shout MOM :good: :good: top tipping.
    I’m off to study up for tomorrows racing now..just watch Frankuus dot up at 40/1 :wink:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

Cheers all

I really am not the type of punter who backs favourites for handicaps but sometimes you get races like today where there appears to be a future star in there and younjust have to hope.

For some reason I had thought he’d gone off at 4/1 only to be told when celebrating that it was 7/1 SP. I nearly fell over. I thought ge would’ve been gambled on by connections tbh.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Yeah, looks a decent prospect MoM, well done :good:

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

This forum is a joke- noone mentions that I tipped up Atty Persse as well.

Talk about clique ridden.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I said:- “Too short for me at 7/1 but well done anyone who nabbed the Charlton horse.”

So you are in there Judge. Albeit indirectly. Maybe folks got put off by you putting Mirage Dancer up first.

He was the different gravy on the day,so well selected.

The Racing Post have rated him 104 but I feel he may prove to be better than that.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4105

Well done Judgey!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

thejudge1
    thejudge1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2254

Cheers guys.

Well I can’t pretend I put a lot of analysis into that race but maybe I work better that way. Thinking that Atty Persse stayed on so well at Sandown and that the step up in trip would help greatly was all the analysis that was needed.

Need to avoid overanalysing races and changing my mind :negative: and also avoid random two year old maiden races and I probably wouldn’t do so badly :good:

Kentucky Spring
    Kentucky Spring
    Participant
    • Total Posts 375
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

I’m not sure I’m in a clique.

I only joint a few months back. Though everybody has made me feel welcome which I appreciate.

Well done without Atty Perrse. I don’t tend to look through and see who backed the winners even though I should really.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.